• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yet another school shooting

Ugh, sigh. I shot off an angry tweet at Marco Rubio because of it. (Feel free to follow me anyone.) He was starting with the typical "thoughts and prayers" bullshit that rings so fucking hollow I don't know why they even bother. ETA: Whoops, that was my follow up tweet. Here was the tweet to Rubio.

Gun nuts and FauxNews idiots are already crawling out of the woodwork...

"He was a radicalized Muslim!!"

"No, he was a DACA Dreamer!!"

"How come MSM is lying about his last name!?!? It's Makarov!!!"

"He's a Democrat!!!" (Says the lying sack of shit using the wrong spelling of the killer's name and the wrong birthdate)

"Too bad libs... He's black!!!" (another asswipe showing some poor innocent person's Instagram account)

Ugh, sigh. I shot off an angry tweet at Marco Rubio because of it. (Feel free to follow me anyone.) He was starting with the typical "thoughts and prayers" bullshit that rings so fucking hollow I don't know why they even bother. ETA: Whoops, that was my follow up tweet. Here was the tweet to Rubio.

Do me a favor - report this asswipe to Twitter: @TrumpSlide_2020

He is #doxing an innocent person, including posting the home address & phone number for the WRONG Nick Cruz.

Stupid fucker is posting screenshots of voter registration records for the wrong person... a Nicolas Cruz born in May

Broward Sheriff's department already reported that the shooter spells his name Nikolas, and that his birth month is September.

This is really insane...

One of the teachers was just being interviewed by Rachel Maddow, and she was describing what happened for her and her students (all safe). Towards the end of the interview, she mentioned that the school actually has "active shooter" drills (just like another type of fire drill). They have detailed emergency plans and code words for shooters and bomb threats. She said that, at first, they all thought it was an unannounced "active shooter" drill. She credits all of the planning and drills for the fact that *only* 17 people died today.
Yeah, this is dumb and insensitive thing to say, and it's not even correct, 17 is on par with other school mass shootings.

Anyway, I was watching Anderson Coopeer and apparently they have a policy on CNN of not showing the name or picture of the shooter. I find that interesting that they understand that, I just think they don't go far enough. CNN (and others) should try to stop covering/mentioning it completely. I would also have banned using such plots on TV/movies. But I understand that it would be hard/impossible to do.

To make matters a little worse, it was Valentine's Day today. This fuckwad managed to ruin a holiday for life for about 2500 families.

To make matters a little worse, it was Valentine's Day today. This fuckwad managed to ruin a holiday for life for about 2500 families.

Was just chatting with someone this morning about the Valentine's Day Massacre (Al Capone's)

Got word about the active shooter situation at the high school mid-afternoon, and the phase kept ringing in my ears.

Only 12 of the 17 deceased have been identified so far.

I fully understand why, but how horrifying for the families still trying to find their children. :(

Twitler tweeted no child should feel unsafe in public schools.

Great, thanks.

So what kind of policies are we looking at? guns for everyone? school vouchers? a member of the homeland security in every classroom?

Do me a favor - report this asswipe to Twitter: @TrumpSlide_2020

He is #doxing an innocent person, including posting the home address & phone number for the WRONG Nick Cruz.

Stupid fucker is posting screenshots of voter registration records for the wrong person... a Nicolas Cruz born in May

Broward Sheriff's department already reported that the shooter spells his name Nikolas, and that his birth month is September.

Yeah, I looked at his tweets. Idiot. Reported.

Seems there were signs Cruz had mental issues. It will be interesting to see how this kid got the weapons.

Seems there were signs Cruz had mental issues. It will be interesting to see how this kid got the weapons.
I'm assuming money. Is there some other thing that should have prevented him from getting the weapons? Being on medication doesn't make someone mentally defective.

What really sucks about the "mental health" bullshit from the right-wing every time some person kills a dozen or so people is that a person can have mental problems, but not be established as a threat.

Only 12 of the 17 deceased have been identified so far.

I fully understand why, but how horrifying for the families still trying to find their children. :(

I remember the day I got a call from the school. My kid didn't show up. She'd slept in and her grandma didn't take her to school and I had to go pick her up and then explain what went wrong. That was it. That was the worst thing that happened. She didn't get to school.

I can't imagine what it would be like for her to have not come home. There are a bunch of parents dealing with that right now. They sent their kids off to school, and they didn't come home. They'll never come home.

It is hard to wrap your mind around what they might be going through.

This is really insane...

One of the teachers was just being interviewed by Rachel Maddow, and she was describing what happened for her and her students (all safe). Towards the end of the interview, she mentioned that the school actually has "active shooter" drills (just like another type of fire drill). They have detailed emergency plans and code words for shooters and bomb threats. She said that, at first, they all thought it was an unannounced "active shooter" drill. She credits all of the planning and drills for the fact that *only* 17 people died today.
Yeah, this is dumb and insensitive thing to say, and it's not even correct, 17 is on par with other school mass shootings.

Anyway, I was watching Anderson Coopeer and apparently they have a policy on CNN of not showing the name or picture of the shooter. I find that interesting that they understand that, I just think they don't go far enough. CNN (and others) should try to stop covering/mentioning it completely. I would also have banned using such plots on TV/movies. But I understand that it would be hard/impossible to do.

It was a surprisingly successful strategy to counter football violence in England in the 1980s; The FA realized that much of the motive for violence was to get on TV, and the TV stations were asked to employ a voluntary embargo on covering such violence. If you were watching a live match, they would simply cut to the studio where a commentator would say something like "Play has been suspended due to the actions of a few idiots, so here's a run down of the progress scores in the other matches being played today..."

The frequency and severity of violence dropped off dramatically once the TV coverage of it stopped. Of course, other measures were also being taken to reduce the incidence, so it's difficult to say how much impact the TV blackout had; and in those cases the weapons used were boots, half-bricks and broken bottles. I hate to think what the death toll would have been if Leeds and Millwall supporters had been able to get ready access to firearms.

Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump proven right again!

When will these shootings finally end?

As soon as Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump bring back our factory jobs from China, so we'll have a place to put these angry White males to keep them out of mischief.

All this murder and mayhem began when they took away our good-paying factory jobs.

I live about 4 miles from the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland where the shooting took place. Needless to say everyone is pretty shook up.

My facebook feed is flooded with comments about the event. A lot of my friends live in Parkland. Some of my friends went to that high school and some had/have kids there. One of the kids that I know witnessed the shooting
and is understandably hysterical.

I had the pleasure of hearing folks last night blame liberals for not allowing faculty to carry guns.

When will these shootings finally end?

As soon as Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump bring back our factory jobs from China, so we'll have a place to put these angry White males to keep them out of mischief.
:hysterical: :realitycheck:

All this murder and mayhem began when they took away our good-paying factory jobs.
GIGO...

asher-ucr-2016-0922-1-corrected.png

Back
Top Bottom