• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yet another shooting thread

I haven't heard that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I have heard that he was having some mental health issues lately. Was he actually diagnosed with schizophrenia? I've read numerous articles about these murders, but have not read that he had a diagnosis. It may be more likely that he suffered from PTSD, considering he had some military experience and was an instructor in the use of guns for over 20 years. Most people with schizophrenia aren't violent. If you have evidence that he was diagnosed with an actual mental illness, please provide that.

I haven't heard that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I have heard that he was having some mental health issues lately. Was he actually diagnosed with schizophrenia? I've read numerous articles about these murders, but have not read that he had a diagnosis.
As far as I know there has been no word on a diagnosis.
It may be more likely that he suffered from PTSD, considering he had some military experience and was an instructor in the use of guns for over 20 years. Most people with schizophrenia aren't violent. If you have evidence that he was diagnosed with an actual mental illness, please provide that.
I think barbos is just enjoying the murder of too many people in America.

I read he complained about hearing voices. Classical symptom of schizophrenia, on the other hand, he is too old to get it. So it could be something else. Regardless, people who hear voices should not have access to guns.

That sounds like quite a spectacle, and I'd definitely be interested in watching. Are you considering live-streaming the event? It has the potential to be even more entertaining than Eddie Murphy's films!

Well, it seems the shooter was a well known extreme right wing gun nut. All his neighbors knew to avoid the family.

link

article said:
The attack in Lewiston, Maine, on Wednesday was the deadliest mass killing this year, with at least 18 dead — and is the eighth deadliest attack since 2006.
Let that sink in. While the majority of Americans who die from guns, die at their own hand, we do have a small cottage industry in America dedicated to the mass murdering people. 18 killed in Main, it is only the 8th worst mass murder spree since 2006. That means more people were killed in mass murder sprees seven times in 17 years.

Sure 320,000 to 400,000 or so died by guns at their own hands in the last 16 years, which does seem to dwarf the mass murder toll, are we really going to set the bar that low?

Mass murders are so common, they aren't shocking. They are depressing as all heck, but it isn't shocking anymore. It'd take probably 50 to 100 to make people be shocked. It has gotten that common. I mean, not every day 60 or so Americans murder themselves with a gun type of common, but much more common than a mass murder should be.

320,000 to 400,000 or so died by guns at their own hands in the last 16 years, which does seem to dwarf the mass murder toll, are we really going to set the bar that low?
We already have. The main attribute of a “big” mass murder that sets it apart, is that it can sell drugs for your psoriasis, whereas it’s really hard to wring profits out of suicides (unless they’re famous) or “small” murder sprees. This one has economic life more because the perp is at large than because another dozen or two got randomly murdered.

It'd take probably 50 to 100 to make people be shocked.
Not sure what "people" you are talking about but the ones I know can never be so shocked that they would give a shit. You can pile the bodies to the moon and they wouldn't be fazed.

They had trouble identifying victims because the wounds were made by .223 bullets !!!
Their congressman for their district, a centrist ex-marine gun rights supporter, said he has changed his mind and these weapons need to be removed from the streets.

They had trouble identifying victims because the wounds were made by .223 bullets !!!
Their congressman for their district, a centrist ex-marine gun rights supporter, said he has changed his mind and these weapons need to be removed from the streets.
But I have it on the authority of our resident .223 authority that the killer could have done this with a .22 or a .38 revolver. Or probably a rock.

We all know that even if tomorrow some how they get banded it would take years to get rid of even a small number of the millions out there.

Back
Top Bottom