• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

You find yourself in the cretaceous

You think humans can travel to the past as if the past is out there.

You are deluded.

Show me where the past is.

Point it out to me.

This is like talking to a bunch of Christians.

Show me this god you claim exists.

Einstein is also known for being very wrong about QM.

:hysterical:

More strawmen. No one has claimed that they know we can travel to the past. No one has mentioned god.

You claim it may be possible.

Delusion based on no evidence.

Like a Christian talking about Satan influencing people in the world.

To change the past would mean adding energy to the past.

Impossible. Humans can't do things like that.

Humans can mimic what they see.

They can't escape the travel of time they are trapped within.

You think humans can travel to the past as if the past is out there.

You are deluded.

Show me where the past is.

Point it out to me.

This is like talking to a bunch of Christians.

Show me this god you claim exists.

Einstein is also known for being very wrong about QM.

:hysterical:

More strawmen. No one has claimed that they know we can travel to the past. No one has mentioned god.

You claim it may be possible.

Delusion based on no evidence.

Like a Christian talking about Satan influencing people in the world.

To change the past would mean adding energy to the past.

Impossible. Humans can't do things like that.

Humans can mimic what they see.

They can't escape the travel of time they are trapped within.

Seriously, are you working on a comedy routine of an inept philosopher criticizing scientific methodology?

If so, you are doing a fair job. :hysterical:

You clearly have no rational argument.

Time travel is a childish delusion held by young minds that live in a comic book world.

Asking the religious believer how they intend to approach the past is like asking the Christian how they intend to get to heaven.

Faith.

The Apollo astronauts who went to the Moon aged roughly 3.4 microseconds less than the people that stayed on Earth.

If the past doesn't exist, how could that possibly happen? Where did that difference go?

Absolute time is a completely debunked concept, and flies in the face of both theory and observation.

There is a word that describes the idea that humans can escape the movement forward through time they are trapped within.

A miracle.

There is a word that describes projecting energy into the past and changing the past AND the present.

A miracle.

There is a word that describes getting comic book minds to think scientifically, requiring evidence for their claims.

A miracle.

The Apollo astronauts who went to the Moon aged roughly 3.4 milliseconds less than the people that stayed on Earth.

If the past doesn't exist, how could that possibly happen?

Absolute time is a completely debunked concept, and flies in the face of both theory and observation.

Relativity is based around the observer.

The observer always moves forward through time.

I have no idea how close two observer's clocks must be for two people to shake hands.

But after the mission people could shake the astronauts hands.

There is a word that describes the idea that humans can escape the movement forward through time they are trapped within.

A miracle.

There is a word that describes projecting energy into the past and changing the past AND the present.

A miracle.

There is a word that describes getting comic book minds to think scientifically, requiring evidence for their claims.

A miracle.

Well I didn't agree with you before, but this bald and unsupported assertion is certainly making me reconsider. :rolleyes:

A miracle.

A miracle.

A miracle.

Well I didn't agree with you before, but this bald and unsupported assertion is certainly making me reconsider. :rolleyes:

You say you disagree but have no arguments.

That's fine but it is not the work of a mind. It is a mindless observation.

Show me the person who has broken free from the forward movement of time.

Show me how you can project energy into the past.

Show me where you think you need any evidence to believe the past exists in fairy land for you to return to.

You are the one making a positive claim. Physics doesn't eliminate the possibility. You do. You declare that it's impossible.

Is it possible to add to the total matter/energy of this universe?

Can you change the past without using energy?

It may be possible. It may not be possible. I don't know.

You on the other hand claim to know. You claim to know that it's impossible.

You are the one making a positive claim. Physics doesn't eliminate the possibility. You do. You declare that it's impossible.

Is it possible to add to the total matter/energy of this universe?

Can you change the past without using energy?

I wonder what criteria you use to decide something is possible.

Is the claim that there is a way for humans to change the past an extraordinary claim?

Are extraordinary claims believed true until proven false?

Is that rational thinking?

Jesus is out there somewhere watching us and is very interested in our thoughts.

We believe this claim until somebody proves it false?

Is the claim that there is a way for humans to change the past an extraordinary claim?

Jesus is out there somewhere watching us and is very interested in our thoughts.

What part of ''I don't know if it is possible or not'' is hard to grasp? It is you who emphatically claims that its not possible. It is you who claims knowledge.

I said specific :) "All kinds" isn't. Name five plants with edible roots that are common in the forests of southern Sweden and which you can recognise from there exterior parts under light snow cover!

I'm really not that good at it. But I know enough about edible plants to know what things to look for and how to work out what is edible. Over time. Which is why I think that in the short term I would die. But if I scraped by long enough to figure out what I can eat I could make it.

How many crawl around in February?

The answer is, lots. If you find snake warrens that's loads of meat right there. There's a lot. And in the cold they all move slowly, so can't put up much of a fight.

You wouldn't survive in penguin land.

On the other hand, I would pay to see that match. One Human vs a flock of penguins.

I'm really not that good at it. But I know enough about edible plants to know what things to look for and how to work out what is edible. Over time. Which is why I think that in the short term I would die. But if I scraped by long enough to figure out what I can eat I could make it.

The answer is, lots. If you find snake warrens that's loads of meat right there. There's a lot. And in the cold they all move slowly, so can't put up much of a fight.

On the other hand, I would pay to see that match. One Human vs a flock of penguins.

The earliest known penguin fossils are ten million years too recent. It's very unlikely that penguins existed in the Cretaceous; And if they did, they didn't live in an icy environment - because no such environments existed for the vast majority of the Cretaceous era.

Penguins are mostly limited in range today to the Southern Hemisphere (and likely always were), but most species don't live in the Antarctic. There is one species of penguins currently living north of the equator, in the Galapagos Islands (oddly these are called 'Galapagos Penguins').

When I lived in Sydney, we had penguins nesting within 100m of my house, on the shore of Manly Cove. There's no snow or ice there, and the general conditions are pretty favourable for humans (as well as for Little Penguins).

"If we get to bring warm clothes, it'd be a breeze" is what you said and what I replied to. Dumping that claim now?
The answer is, lots. If you find snake warrens that's loads of meat right there.
And if you find a stash of a fellow time traveller from the 21st century, that's loads of bread and nutella and a avocado right there. You still need to find it first.
There's a lot. And in the cold they all move slowly, so can't put up much of a fight.

The earliest known penguin fossils are ten million years too recent. It's very unlikely that penguins existed in the Cretaceous; And if they did, they didn't live in an icy environment - because no such environments existed for the vast majority of the Cretaceous era.

Penguins are mostly limited in range today to the Southern Hemisphere (and likely always were), but most species don't live in the Antarctic. There is one species of penguins currently living north of the equator, in the Galapagos Islands (oddly these are called 'Galapagos Penguins').

When I lived in Sydney, we had penguins nesting within 100m of my house, on the shore of Manly Cove. There's no snow or ice there, and the general conditions are pretty favourable for humans (as well as for Little Penguins).

When I say penguin land, I mean land where penguins are 100% of the native macro fauna, not any and all land where penguins live.

"If we get to bring warm clothes, it'd be a breeze" is what you said and what I replied to. Dumping that claim now?

I also said that I'd likely die. I still think the exposure will be a bigger problem than food.

I'm fairly positive that of the peasant kids who didn't make the winter in 18th and 17th century Sweden, more died of hunger (and diseases made lethal by malnourishment) than directly from exposure to the cold - and I'm also fairly positive their parents knew more about edible wildlife and plants than you and your girlfriend combined.

I also said that I'd likely die. I still think the exposure will be a bigger problem than food.

I'm fairly positive that of the peasant kids who didn't make the winter in 18th and 17th century Sweden, more died of hunger (and diseases made lethal by malnourishment) than directly from exposure to the cold - and I'm also fairly positive their parents knew more about edible wildlife and plants than you and your girlfriend combined.

It's a huge difference to be alone, or a group of people. Especially if they are tied to land.

You don't need a lot of people to strip the land bare from food. That's why hunter/gatherers keep going.

If you can keep moving and the forests you go to have been untouched by humans you can survive. It's what our bodies have evolved for.

What part of ''I don't know if it is possible or not'' is hard to grasp? It is you who emphatically claims that its not possible. It is you who claims knowledge.

Saying you don't know if it is possible is saying you think it could be.

How do you determine when something might be possible?

Is evidence needed for you to believe things? Or is faith enough?

Saying I have no faith for many reasons that human time travel is possible is by default saying I think it is impossible.

You have some faith however that it might be possible. You don't know. Meaning it might be possible to you.

Where does this faith come from?

It's a huge difference to be alone, or a group of people.

Yes, it is. Humans are best adapted to living in groups.

Especially if they are tied to land.

You don't need a lot of people to strip the land bare from food. That's why hunter/gatherers keep going.

If you can keep moving and the forests you go to have been untouched by humans you can survive.

If you know where to look. Humans have evolved a complex communication system to reduce the laboursome and often deadly chore of having to find out oneself how to locate a hibernating animals lair, or which plants are poisonous. When you're alone and/or no-one else knows either, you're operating outside humans' evolved niche.

Back
Top Bottom