• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

You've got to be fu.... ah... kidding me!

RavenSky

The Doctor's Wife
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
atheist
SC mom arrested for using 'F-word' in grocery store in front of her kids

According to North Augusta law, disorderly conduct generally means, to "utter, while in a state of anger, in the presence of another, any bawdy, lewd or obscene words or epithets."

The woman who says she witnessed the incident said she saw Wolf use the f-word repeatedly and Wolf started cursing at her after she approached Wolf. The woman says she wasn't having a bad day and that hearing Wolf use those words brought her back to her abusive childhood.

The woman who says she witnessed the incident said she saw Wolf use the f-word repeatedly and Wolf started cursing at her after she approached Wolf. The woman says she wasn't having a bad day and that hearing Wolf use those words brought her back to her abusive childhood.

well

Fuckety fuck fuck fuck

Almost everywhere, people are bombarded by media, like having thousands of people all yapping at you at once. I think that because of this, there's a lot of people (even some who don't watch Fox News) who live in a state of anxiety and fear these days without realizing it. Exposed to all these different views and events, and conditioned to hold morally righteous opinions about all of it... I guess for some people it's just easy to target cursing or some other arbitrary non-issue to lash out, judge, punish, etc., in the face of all that. For some, "fuck" really is a scary word, and it will be until they notice that it's just a word and not a weapon against them.

Well fuck me!!!

Oh good, I can add another reason to my list of reasons why I never, ever, ever want to move to the US.

Is she from Ohio?

Insane.

This is straight out of the wet dreams of the reactionary old fucks who write letters to the editor.

What kind of mother models anti-social behaviour for her children, behaviour that will exclude them from polite society, behaviour that will deny them jobs, mark them as uncouth and part of the underclass?

What kind of mother models anti-social behaviour for her children, behaviour that will exclude them from polite society, behaviour that will deny them jobs, mark them as uncouth and part of the underclass?

A mother who is part of the underclass, perhaps? On the other hand, I work in a high tech, high paying industry, and people drop f-bombs all day around the office. It's just a fucking word, after all. Maybe the cops need to show up at the office with a few paddy wagons and haul off all of the IT professionals working here and making good money, for our uncouth, underclass behavior. Or maybe saying "fuck" is neither uncouth, nor underclass in the 21st century, and this is one of the most ridiculous reasons to arrest a person, ever.

Fuck that.

Nothing inherently wrong with words like fuck or shit. Ethnic slurs should cause some concern, but words made taboo just for the sake of making them taboo is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of. And to arrest somebody for saying a taboo word is just insane.

The most fucks I heard in any conversation was late at night on I-90 and they came from the mouths of Cleveland's finest as they assisted at a collision scene. They used every combination of fuck you can think of & I think a few creative ones. Fuck as a verb, noun, adjective, interjection, intensifier. Fuck to their buddies. Fuck on their cell phones (or walkie-talkies; this was 29 years ago.) I thought: this is a true fuckometer of the stress level of this job. I can only conclude that if they picked you up for cussing, it would be with the phrase, Get yer fuckin' hands up and don't get fuckin' wise. Yer under arrest, fuckhead.

Fuck polite society. I prefer honest society. Making arbitrary social norms some kind of moral code is one of the lowest forms of ideology. Are we not diseased enough in our cultures? Not enough "kinds" of people or judgments about harmless behaviors to use against your fellow human beings like petty little weapons? Yes, the word "fuck" is harmless unless you are trained to react to it... why would anyone consciously follow along with mindless norms in our dumb ass tendency to cultivate words into bombs?

Those of you who think "polite society" is more important than ordinary compassion for another human being expressing frustration, do you like having that ability to hurt people with words knowing damn well it's conditioned and means nothing in and of itself? You want to make sure you always have that little weapon available to use against others? If not, then stop making it a weapon. That's what taboo does. That's what insisting on "polite" above "honest" does.

That lady was frustrated and angry, and for reasons we can't possibly know. But hey, fuck compassion and letting minor social infractions pass. Escalate a non-issue to the level of morality about "how she's raising her son" and any other not-your-fucking-business issue you can fabricate. Let's just stick with the petty punishment mentality. Teach our kids that they're somehow unworthy if they don't live up to arbitrary shit you've never questioned. It's been working so well all this time and all.

I don't have a problem with polite society. I think more of us should practice it more often.

Do we swear too much? Depends. Some people do, and thereby cheapen the power of the words, but others don't swear enough and wind up walking through life all pent up and miserable. they make the rest of us miserable too and that's not good.

I also don't have a problem with grown up people using grown up words.

Sometimes no other Words will do nor should they have to.

And I would much rather have an exasperated parent drop an f-bomb around a child than an atomic elbow on a child.

e451bfcc6af22a9590c3665e2a465a77cc403913996af03c19b4d2177b9e5ffe.jpg

I guess we have to conclude that the fucking SC legislature is fucking idiotic about idiom. Rousseau would indeed not be a happy camper in SC...especially if he has a fucking foul mouth.;)

Back
Top Bottom