• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Zero credibility left

With or without Fox news I don't think it is that people were uninformed.
There was an enormous discontent with the political establishment. I find it curious that people here rarely or never mention that as the major cause of Trumps success.
Many political outsiders have tried to get into US politics with little success. Trump however destroyed first the other republicans and then the democrats. An obnoxious 70 yo old man with no political experience destroyed them all.
He is skillful manipulator who was able to cleverly tap into that discontent, yet so many people are still trying to blame Russia or fox news.
Because he greatly conveyed a vision, and Clinton didn't. That's mostly how I have correctly guessed every U.S. presidential election since 2000.
So you are only 3 of 5 for popular vote?

Trump didn't have shit for vision. He said shit about things that a lot of people loved to hear. Talked about a health care plan that never existed. Talked about an ISIS plan that never existed. And then he said he'd bring back the dinosaurs and that put him over because enough people believed it. And since then, he has accomplished very little.

I think we sometimes make the mistake of assuming that everyone in this country is well informed. That hasn't been the case for a long time. It comes down to ignorance and in some cases downright stupidity. Ignorance because there are a good number of people who only get their information from Fox News. .

There was an enormous discontent with the political establishment.
You mean the political establishment that largely re-elected? I find it funny how people say people were against the establishment, yet Trump seemed to be the only anti-establishment candidate that won.
I find it curious that people here rarely or never mention that as the major cause of Trumps success.
Ignorance, spite, naivety?
Many political outsiders have tried to get into US politics with little success. Trump however destroyed first the other republicans and then the democrats. An obnoxious 70 yo old man with no political experience destroyed them all.
He is skillful manipulator who was able to cleverly tap into that discontent, yet so many people are still trying to blame Russia or fox news.
You misspelled, "He took advantage of 30 years of anti-Hillary Clinton propaganda".

Bread and Circuses, circa 21st century

Because he greatly conveyed a vision, and Clinton didn't. That's mostly how I have correctly guessed every U.S. presidential election since 2000.

Trump didn't have shit for vision.
Yeah, but MAGA is still better than "I'm with her" (talk about failed campaign wonks)

He said shit about things that a lot of people loved to hear. Talked about a health care plan that never existed. Talked about an ISIS plan that never existed. And then he said he'd bring back the dinosaurs and that put him over because enough people believed it. And since then, he has accomplished very little.
Depends on the vision: "Now, dicks have drive and clarity of vision, but they are not clever. They smell pussy and they want a piece of the action. And you thought you smelled some good old pussy, and have brought your two little mincey faggot balls along for a good old time." -- Snatch

FFvC had Easy Button answers, HRC was more complicated...

Yeah. A stupid, ugly vision that catered to ignorance and spite.

The classic presumed outsider is one that is supposed to provide insight, provide more practical solutions, and do so on behalf of the citizenry. A cult of crass personality doesn't make one an outsider.
I heard much of the same from the right when I predicted Obama would get the nomination and win the general election in '08 and '12. All sides have their axes to grind.

I heard much of the same from the right when I predicted Obama would get the nomination and win the general election in '08 and '12. All sides have their axes to grind.

Obama got the ACA passed with bipartisan support. Cheato can't pass his own grandmother on a bicycle, despite "his party" owning every branch of government.

Trump didn't have shit for vision. He said shit about things that a lot of people loved to hear. Talked about a health care plan that never existed. Talked about an ISIS plan that never existed. And then he said he'd bring back the dinosaurs and that put him over because enough people believed it. And since then, he has accomplished very little.
I don't really care about the politics of the speech, I am just mainly concerned with how it is delivered.

I don't really care about the politics of the speech, I am just mainly concerned with how it is delivered.

I'd be more concerned about how the promised product is delivered (or not, as the case seems to be) than about how the speech is delivered.

Obama got the ACA passed with bipartisan support. Cheato can't pass his own grandmother on a bicycle, despite "his party" owning every branch of government.
I was ignored when I told haters on the right that you better cool it down and focus on Obama's major political chops, because he's going to run over you with health care. Now, Trump is more of a mystery to me in the legislation process, because he lies much greater than most politicians, but I think he honestly doesn't want a replacement for Obamacare.

I'd be more concerned about how the promised product is delivered (or not, as the case seems to be) than about how the speech is delivered.
Yes, that should normally be the case, yet the average American voter does not have to follow the logical route to still be quite able of making a selection on the ballot.

Yes, that should normally be the case, yet the average American voter does not have to follow the logical route to still be quite able of making a selection on the ballot.

Argument for wuthering hands.

I was ignored when I told haters on the right that you better cool it down and focus on Obama's major political chops, because he's going to run over you with health care. Now, Trump is more of a mystery to me in the legislation process, because he lies much greater than most politicians, but I think he honestly doesn't want a replacement for Obamacare.

I disagree. I think he wants a healthcare bill to sign. Any healthcare bill. He doesn't care what it does or who will suffer because of it because whatever he signs, it will be the greatest healthcare bill ever.

Seriously? He literally said he'd sign "anything". He wants cameras taking his picture while holding up a piece of paper with his absurd signature written with a large tipped sharpie pen. I would say 'He doesn't give a shit about health care', but he certainly wants to look like a master broker of deals and sign a major piece of legislation.

- - - Updated - - -

It was delivered via the equivalent of a jerking off motion.

Seriously? He literally said he'd sign "anything". He wants cameras taking his picture while holding up a piece of paper with his absurd signature written with a large tipped sharpie pen. I would say 'He doesn't give a shit about health care', but he certainly wants to look like a master broker of deals and sign a major piece of legislation.
Yup! Though I first read "master borker" instead of "master broker"...was funnier that way.

It was delivered via the equivalent of a jerking off motion.

"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again." -- Snatch (again) :D

I think we sometimes make the mistake of assuming that everyone in this country is well informed. That hasn't been the case for a long time. It comes down to ignorance and in some cases downright stupidity. Ignorance because there are a good number of people who only get their information from Fox News. .

There was an enormous discontent with the political establishment. I find it curious that people here rarely or never mention that as the major cause of Trumps success.
Of course that was a major cause of his success, with his base. But his base is extremely misinformed.

The enormous discontent with the political establishment is not something that was exclusive to Trump's base in the last election, it was also prevalent with Sander's supporters. While I share some of their disgust with the way things are going in Washington, I found both groups to be pretty ill informed as to how our government is supposed to work.

I disagree. I think he wants a healthcare bill to sign. Any healthcare bill. He doesn't care what it does or who will suffer because of it because whatever he signs, it will be the greatest healthcare bill ever.
I think he wants Republicans to blame while having his own tiny hands off of a bad health care bill.

I think he wants Republicans to blame while having his own tiny hands off of a bad health care bill.

Heh... he's waiting, "pen in hand". It's not like he would read the bill to see if it was bad, even if he could read.
Funny how we didn't see the usual pompous signing ceremony when he was forced to sign the Russian sanctions bill. :rolleyes:

Seriously? He literally said he'd sign "anything". He wants cameras taking his picture while holding up a piece of paper with his absurd signature written with a large tipped sharpie pen.
Of course it is supposed to appear that he wants something like this, but as I've said, he is such a morbid liar.
I would say 'He doesn't give a shit about health care', but he certainly wants to look like a master broker of deals and sign a major piece of legislation.
Agreed, but he definitely does not want to be chained to a lousy bill. Now, lousy being, including his own personal terms. After all, he still has some genuine pride mixed in with his soaring arrogance.

See, what I am saying is nowhere near considered popular, because it is not really supposed to be that easy to read him, as most critics keep falling for, hence his very nomination and eventual election.

How can he sign the bill, praise it as he presumably will, and then blame it on someone else? It doesn't make sense.

How can he sign the bill, praise it as he presumably will, and then blame it on someone else? It doesn't make sense.

Nothing he has done makes sense. Almost 1/3 of the people who say they support him don't even believe what he says per the recent polls.

Back
Top Bottom