• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2 UM students expelled for getting girl drunk and raping her

"Sending a message" is normally an excuse for doing something wrong
... when wrong doers do it.

I'm sending a message: "be more selective in your use of sayings Loren Pechtel".

Do you actually think I'm doing something wrong? :)

You misunderstand. I'm saying that when people do things to "send a message" it's likely the wrong thing. That has nothing to do with literally sending a message.

The teen reported the crime to University of Miami Police, who then contacted the local police department.

A spokesperson for the Coral Gables police department told BuzzFeed that on Tuesday Figueroa and Blue went to the police station and admitted to “buying and administering several alcoholic beverages for the victim” and taking her back to Figueroa’s dorm room, where they “performed sexual acts on the her without her consent.”
At that point they were arrested.
. http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/miami-football-players-arrested-sexual-battery

I have to admit that when this story broke locally, my first thought was to wonder whether people would side with the male students (after all, we all know female students are lying liars who lie after getting drunk and having sex they regret in the morning), or with the female student because themaelstrome students are black, which makes them guilty until proven innocent. Sadly, both pov's have been represented in the comments sections of various publications.

In the meantime, does anyone here have an issue with the fact that both male students have already been kicked off the football team and expelled from the university?

Those men are clearly being persecuted by the Feminist Agenda! Stop the persecution of men! [/conservolibertarian]

Back
Top Bottom