• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

... the true left wing did, in fact, deliver this election to Biden single-handedly.

So did black women (not all of whom are "far left") and various other sub-groups without whom Biden would have lost.
This is how change is made, Politesse. If the "far left" can make themselves an indispensable faction to the Dem party, the party will move left. The teabaggers "forced" the Republican party to abandon all pretense to morality and fairness and to embrace racism, lying, treachery, cheating and even treason to stay in power. In the same way, "far left" can, over time, force a migration toward to fairness, reason, a National conscience and equality of opportunity. But it needs to evince core values around which a sufficient minority form a solid united front. I am all for seeing the "far left" congeal into a cohesive voting bloc that becomes vital to winning, but I am not so naive as to think that it's already there.

I think the Tea Party is exactly the model to follow to challenge the dominant wing of the party. Although, there will simply never be the same financial backing, barring some lone activist billionaire, a left-wing Koch. But I find that improbable, so it cannot be counted on by any means.

... the true left wing did, in fact, deliver this election to Biden single-handedly.

So did black women (not all of whom are "far left") and various other sub-groups without whom Biden would have lost.
This is how change is made, Politesse. If the "far left" can make themselves an indispensable faction to the Dem party, the party will move left. The teabaggers "forced" the Republican party to abandon all pretense to morality and fairness and to embrace racism, lying, treachery, cheating and even treason to stay in power. In the same way, "far left" can, over time, force a migration toward to fairness, reason, a National conscience and equality of opportunity. But it needs to evince core values around which a sufficient minority form a solid united front. I am all for seeing the "far left" congeal into a cohesive voting bloc that becomes vital to winning, but I am not so naive as to think that it's already there.

I think the Tea Party is exactly the model to follow to challenge the dominant wing of the party. Although, there will simply never be the same financial backing, barring some lone activist billionaire, a left-wing Koch. But I find that improbable, so it cannot be counted on by any means.
Tea Party model as in hijack a tiny Ron Paul organization of idiots? Or enact a policy of producing 8 hours of propaganda on AM radio for 20 years and transitioning to 24 hr cable news for 10 years? Or enact governing policies in Congress that make ruling for the other party extraordinarily difficult, especially in times of significant difficulties?

Tea Party model as in hijack a tiny Ron Paul organization of idiots? Or enact a policy of producing 8 hours of propaganda on AM radio for 20 years and transitioning to 24 hr cable news for 10 years? Or enact governing policies in Congress that make ruling for the other party extraordinarily difficult, especially in times of significant difficulties?

Oh come on, JH. This is 2021; AM Radio and print media are dinosaurs. Get with the times!

We will start with the internet and our own State TV network. We'll create FCC rules, use financial chicanery, nuclear legal wars and whatever else it takes to bankrupt Faux Noise and Sinclair Broadcasting. Eventually we will graduate from the internet and airwaves to using direct cerebral input via the vaccine implants. Right now we should be laying the groundwork by warning the right of exactly what we are going to do, so that when a vaccine comes around it's the right wingers who die, rather than be "implanted".
The future looks bright - buck up!

‘WHOA, WHOA, WHOA’

Fox News Cuts Off Kayleigh McEnany Press Conference for Spreading Election Lies
In an unprecedented move on Monday afternoon, Fox News cut away from a press conference that White House Press Secretary was holding—likely illegally given her government role—on behalf of the Trump campaign.

As McEnany baselessly accused Democrats of actively stealing the 2020 presidential election from President Trump, host Neil Cavuto interrupted the event to tell Fox viewers what was actually going on.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, I just think we have to be very clear,” he said, talking over her. “She’s charging that the other side is ‘welcoming fraud and welcoming illegal voting. Unless she has more details to back that up, I can’t in good countenance continue showing you this.”

Fox News Cuts Off Kayleigh McEnany Press Conference for Spreading Election Lies
In an unprecedented move on Monday afternoon, Fox News cut away from a press conference that White House Press Secretary was holding—likely illegally given her government role—on behalf of the Trump campaign.

As McEnany baselessly accused Democrats of actively stealing the 2020 presidential election from President Trump, host Neil Cavuto interrupted the event to tell Fox viewers what was actually going on.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, I just think we have to be very clear,” he said, talking over her. “She’s charging that the other side is ‘welcoming fraud and welcoming illegal voting. Unless she has more details to back that up, I can’t in good countenance continue showing you this.”

Wow! Well, that's encouraging. They should have damn well been cutting off lying WH press secretaries since four years ago, but I guess now is better than never.

I’m watching an interview with the Pfizer CEO, and wondering what might have happened if the vaccine announcement had been made last Monday. Obviously the mailed ballots would be the same, but in-person voting might have been shifted a bit in key places.

I also wonder why there hasn’t been more outrage from the conspiracy theorists about the timing.

I’m watching an interview with the Pfizer CEO, and wondering what might have happened if the vaccine announcement had been made last Monday. Obviously the mailed ballots would be the same, but in-person voting might have been shifted a bit in key places.

I also wonder why there hasn’t been more outrage from the conspiracy theorists about the timing.
They are too worried over things that didn't happen to care about things that actually did happen.

There is. I have a game account on facebook with thousands of "neighbors," and quite a lot of them are trump fans. They have been talking about this as a Dem conspiracy.

They're also talking about how awful Jill Biden is what a pedo Biden is and of course about the monstrous Kamala Harris. The usual.

Brian Kahn on Twitter: "After @AOC noted every Medicare for All co-sponsor won reelection, I took a dive into the Green New Deal. Of the 93 co-sponsors who ran for reelection, all but two won (and three of four co-sponsors in swing districts won). Pretty good imho! https://t.co/Hm2mNpmYdg" / Twitter
noting
The Green New Deal Didn't Sink Democrats
Earther looked at the Green New Deal, another bête noire of conservatives and Fox News, to see if it sank Democrats chances. The bill has 101 co-sponsors in the House and 14 co-sponsors in the Senate. Of the 93 House co-sponsors who ran for a seat in Congress’s lower chamber in 2020, only one lost reelection.

Using Cook Political Report’s Partisan Voting Index, Earther found four House co-sponsors who are in districts that range from very slightly Democratic to moderately Republican. Of those four, three decisively won their reelection bids, including Reps. Mike Levin, Jahana Hayes, and Peter DeFazio. The fourth, Rep. Tom Suozzi, is currently behind in his race in New York by about 4,000 votes, but is projected to “easily win” once all mail-in ballots are counted, according to Cook Political Report’s Dave Wasserman.

Outside of Suozzi, the only Green New Deal co-sponsor to lose is Florida Rep. Debbie Murcasell-Powell. She lost what was a moderately Democratic-leaning seat, though it was previously represented by Rep. Carlos Curbelo, arguably the most outspoken Republican on climate change prior to losing the seat in 2018 to Murcasell-Powell.

I know Michael Scott isn't nearly as terrible as Trump, but it's something Michael Scott would do.

So Trump Campaign lawyers in Arizona are busily wasting the time of countless people in challenging under 200 ballots in Maricopa County. This is about 1 percent of his deficit in Arizona. Now, one could whittle away in some states 1 percent by 1 percent, but in Arizona, roughly 124% of the state lives in it. So, Trump isn't picking up many more votes in any other county.

article said:
Republican officials behind a lawsuit alleging poll workers "incorrectly rejected" votes cast in person on Election Day will make their case in front of a Maricopa County Superior Court judge later this week.

The defendants — Secretary of State Katie Hobbs, Maricopa County Recorder Adrian Fontes and the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors — also will have a chance to produce evidence and make oral arguments, according to Judge Daniel Kiley.

But it appears unlikely the case would affect the outcome of the presidential vote. A lawyer for the county said fewer than 200 ballots are at issue.
Remember folks, Trump needs your money so he can continue picking up 50 votes here and 75 votes there, to reduce his margin of loss by a hundredth of a percent!

Dem leaders warn liberal rhetoric could blow Georgia races - POLITICO
If “we are going to run on Medicare for All, defund the police, socialized medicine, we're not going to win," says Jim Clyburn.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her top lieutenants had a stark warning for Democrats on Thursday: Swing too far left and they’re all but certain to blow their chances in the Georgia runoff that will determine which party controls the Senate.

Why the networks can't bear to call the election - Bad News - Nov 7
Meanwhile, Justice Democrats and the Sunrise Movement commissioned an analysis of Democrats in swing districts who won and lost races, and it found that, in fact, supporters of Medicare for All did just fine relative to centrists. In fact, Democratic vote share declined for candidates the further they moved to the right.
There is a sizable amount of scatter, but the trend is real.
The Democratic leadership argument may be primarily emotional and reflexive, but it also serves an internal political purpose. Democrats are likely to have little more than an 8-seat majority next Congress, meaning a small bloc of Democrats can wield outsized power if they band together. Consider that the Squad’s ranks grew this election season, with incoming freshmen Jamaal Bowman, Cori Bush, Mondaire Jones and Marie Newman making eight. With the Senate still on the line, House leaders chose an inopportune moment to launch a new war inside the party. The next eight weeks in Georgia, leading to the special elections, will be pivotal.

Back
Top Bottom