• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

Great, but how many members does Republicans for Voting Rights have? Can I invite them all to my house for drinks?

ZERO in the Senate, where it matters most.

I think less attention should be focused on the $3.5 trillion (or $0 in Manchin's latest counteroffer) and more focused on H.R.1. American Democracy is on the line. This Congress may literally be the last chance to save it.

JM and KS need to find a way to block a filibuster on H.R.1, even if just temporarily. If not, the airwaves should be blasted 24/7 with "JM and KS oppose democracy; they want a fascist take-over."

But they won't. And American attention will focus on the Superbowl Halftime Show. When The Decline and Fall of Western Enlightenment is written, what will be the name of the chapter on 2021?

But they won't. And American attention will focus on the Superbowl Halftime Show. When The Decline and Fall of Western Enlightenment is written, what will be the name of the chapter on 2021?

Oh, no. America falls because some designer can't anticipate how activity will induce a woman's private part equipment failure?

It isn’t projection. It is bald faced lying.

Amazing how pervasive this is, across the entire Repub party, national, state, local. This is the most corrupt party in our history. They are extremely dangerous and extremely good at propaganda.

It's hardly surprising.

This is what always happens when you have a two party system (and usually happens in a political system with larger numbers of parties, though it takes much longer to start).

To begin with, the parties are both seeking to govern in the best interests of their nation, while having a few opposing views on what is 'best' and/or how to achieve that. They share a goal (good governance), but compete for the power to implement that goal via their preferred approach.

This is how democracy is meant to work. The people pick the side that they most expect to be effective in achieving good governance, and give power to that side, switching allegiances according to how well those given that power are perceived to have performed.

But there's a catch. If one side, instead of pursuing good governance instead switches to pursuing power as a goal in itself, the whole system breaks down. When one side is trying to govern, and so (inevitably) to negotiate and compromise, but the other is hell-bent on doing nothing but secure more power (not power to implement any agenda, but rather power as a goal in itself) the side not singlemindedly seeking power is inevitably at a disadvantage in securing that power.

It's the reason that sports teams need independent referees. Without them, a friendly competition can take place, but as soon as one side decides cheating to win is an acceptable way to behave, the whole thing falls apart. Cheats, contrary to the fables we like to tell, often prosper - at least for long enough to render fair play untenable. But independent referees are hard to establish and maintain in democratic systems - and the US system, with its use of democracy even to select civil servants, is particularly bad at filling that role in the non-partisan ways necessary to protect against partisan power seeking.

the refs need to be switched out... say a bench for the refs.

According to a lawsuit filed in the Las Vegas Justice Court this month, the man, Donald Kirk Hartle, voted his deceased wife Rosemarie Hartle’s ballot. At a November press conference, Matt Schlapp, chairman of the American Consevative Union, named Rosemarie Hartle as one example of the “hundreds of dead people" he said had voted in the election in Clark County. The Nevada Republican Party also cited Hartle’s interview with KLAS Channel 8 in their voter fraud allegations.

Hartle told the TV station, which first reported the lawsuit, that his wife died at 52 from breast cancer in 2017 and that no ballot ever came to his house, despite a ballot for her being issued and received by the county.

“That is pretty sickening to me to be honest with you,” Kirk told the TV station at the time.

Hartle has been charged with two category D felonies, according to the criminal complaint. Both are punishable by a prison term of up to four years, as well as a fine of up to $5,000.

Hartle is the senior chief financial officer and treasurer for the Ahern Family of Companies, according to his LinkedIn page. The company’s owner, Don Ahern, is a major supporter of former President Donald Trump, whose rally the company hosted at one of their manufacturing facilities in September in violation of COVID-19 health and safety protocols.

So a person who fraudulently voted for Trump is evidence that Trump’s election totals are fraudulently high? Ok. Got it.

Trump criticized Mark Zuckerberg, saying the $400 million he donated to help local election offices makes him a 'criminal'

Former President Donald Trump criticized Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook's chief executive, in a statement. Trump said the $400 million donation that Zuckerberg made to local election offices last year makes him a "criminal."

"Mark Zuckerberg, in my opinion, a criminal, is allowed to spend over $400 million and therefore able to change the course of a Presidential Election, and nothing happens to Facebook," Trump said in an emailed statement to supporters.

Trump appeared to be referring to the $400 million that Zuckerberg and his wife, Priscilla Chan, donated to local election offices last year.

The money was to help the offices adapt to changes in voting patterns that resulted from the pandemic.

It was spent on items such as personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, and equipment to process mail ballots, the Associated Press reported.
Projection and jealousy. Trump's never donated to anything.

The continued activity of this thread makes me think of what the ideology scores of the various candidates are.

Members of the United States Congress - GovTrack.us -  2020 United States presidential election -  2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries -  2020 Republican Party presidential primaries
govtrack.us has ideology scores for Congresspeople for 2014, 2016, 2018, and 2020.

The Democrats in the race:
  • Joe Biden
  • Bernie Sanders VT-Sen 0.00 0.01 0.04 0.04
  • Tulsi Gabbard HI-02 0.35 0.34 0.43 0.41
  • Elizabeth Warren MA-Sen 0.21 0.15 0.00 0.03
  • Michael Bloomberg
  • Amy Klobuchar MN-Sen 0.19 0.32 0.25 0.22
  • Pete Buttigieg, Tom Steyer, Deval Patrick
  • Michael Bennet CO-Sen 0.32 0.41 0.39 0.26
  • Andrew Yang
  • John Delaney MD-06 - 0.48 0.41 0.35
  • Cory Booker NJ-Sen 0.09 0.17 0.24 0.16
  • Marianne Williamson, Julian Castro
  • Kamala Harris CA-Sen 0.02 0.05 - -
  • Steve Bullock, Joe Sestak, Wayne Messam
  • Beto O'Rourke TX-16 - 0.36 0.35 0.30
  • Tim Ryan OH-13 0.35 0.34 0.33
  • Bill de Blasio
  • Kirsten Gillibrand NY-Sen 0.06 0.00 0.06 0.08
  • Seth Moulton MA-06 0.34 0.35 0.37 -
  • Jay Inslee, John Hickenlooper, Mike Gravel
  • Eric Swalwell CA-15 0.30 0.32 0.24 0.29
  • Richard Ojeda
0 is very liberal, 1 is very conservative.

So in the end, the "Stop the Steal" movement has actually vindicated the democratic processes in our country to an absurd level of accuracy on people voting legally. The bigger, though not very impacting, issue is under and over votes caused by machine or people error.

YET... people are still certain the election was stolen... though apparently not moved enough to do anything but support the Trump movement. Proving that people can be persuaded to believe what they want to believe.

CNN)Former President Donald Trump railed against his one-time close ally Benjamin Netanyahu in a new interview series, saying he felt betrayed by the then-prime minister of Israel's call to Joe Biden congratulating him on winning the presidency.
"It was early. OK? Let's put it this way -- he greeted him very early. Earlier than most world leaders. I've not spoken to him since. F**k him," Trump told Israeli journalist Barak Ravid during an April interview which was published by Axios Friday.
Discussing his decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel -- upending decades of US policy and international consensus -- as well as recognizing Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights, captured from Syria during a war in 1967, Trump laid out why he felt so embittered.
"There was no one who did more for Netanyahu than me. There was no one who did for Israel more than I did. And the first person to run to greet Joe Biden was Netanyahu. And not only did he congratulate him -- he did it in a video. If you look at the leaders of other countries -- like Brazil -- he waited months. Putin. Many other leaders. Mexico. All of them also felt that the election was over. But they, too, were waiting. No one did more than me for Bibi. Money too. We gave them a lot of money and gave them soldiers. We did everything."
me, me, me, me...

Look who's anti-semitic now.

Reactions: jab

CNN)Former President Donald Trump railed against his one-time close ally Benjamin Netanyahu in a new interview series, saying he felt betrayed by the then-prime minister of Israel's call to Joe Biden congratulating him on winning the presidency.
"It was early. OK? Let's put it this way -- he greeted him very early. Earlier than most world leaders. I've not spoken to him since. F**k him," Trump told Israeli journalist Barak Ravid during an April interview which was published by Axios Friday.
Discussing his decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel -- upending decades of US policy and international consensus -- as well as recognizing Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights, captured from Syria during a war in 1967, Trump laid out why he felt so embittered.
"There was no one who did more for Netanyahu than me. There was no one who did for Israel more than I did. And the first person to run to greet Joe Biden was Netanyahu. And not only did he congratulate him -- he did it in a video. If you look at the leaders of other countries -- like Brazil -- he waited months. Putin. Many other leaders. Mexico. All of them also felt that the election was over. But they, too, were waiting. No one did more than me for Bibi. Money too. We gave them a lot of money and gave them soldiers. We did everything."
me, me, me, me...

I don't think that's anti-semitic, but simply not supporting His Flatulence.

me, me, me, me...

Well, some people here feel that disagreeing with Israeli government policy is anti-semitic.

me, me, me, me...

Well, some people here feel that disagreeing with Israeli government policy is anti-semitic.
A lot of the disagreement with their government is antisemitism in disguise.

me, me, me, me...

See?

me, me, me, me...

See?
You realize that's a self-fulfilling claim? You're taking objection as proof--that's the sort of thing Trumpets do.

Cyber Ninjas, a firm hired by the Arizona state Senate to conduct a review of Maricopa County’s election results, on Thursday announced that it is shutting down after a county government report slammed the firm and a judge ordered it to pay $50,000 a day in fines.

Sam Levine, a reporter for The Guardian, first reported the news of Cyber Ninjas closing down on Thursday, tweeting that CEO “Doug Logan and the rest of the employees have been let go and Cyber Ninjas is being shut down.”
The news followed a Thursday order that Cyber Ninjas turn over public records to The Arizona Republic, including emails and text messages, to comply with an August ruling — or face $50,000 in fines per day.

The firm was hired to conduct an audit of the 2020 election in Maricopa County following former President Trump's claims the election was stolen from him. Arizona was a swing state that Biden won narrowly.

Cyber Ninjas, which says it recounted 2.1 million ballots, confirmed Biden beat Trump in the state but claimed in its September draft report that thousands of ballots had issues, including duplicate ballots, voters who cast ballots multiple times and unregistered voters participating in the election.

Maricopa County released a report this month, arguing Cyber Ninjas made 22 misleading claims, 41 inaccurate claims and 13 claims that were false.

Meanwhile, here in Missouri.....this is a poll by a somewhat local television station:

2020.JPG

These are the people I live around. :rolleyesa:

Ruth

Back
Top Bottom