• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

2020 Election Results

…Elixir made the same obvious point. Why was Jason confused about this?
Let’s see if he answers my question:
“Who won the 2020 presidential election?”
An obvious glutton for right wing propaganda, I suspect he’s a big fan of The Big Lie. That would explain his confusion, but let’s see what he wants to tell us about how he came by his delusions.

…Elixir made the same obvious point. Why was Jason confused about this?
Let’s see if he answers my question:
“Who won the 2020 presidential election?”
An obvious glutton for right wing propaganda, I suspect he’s a big fan of The Big Lie.
I doubt that. His MO is more about 'the Dems are just as bad'.

Like how the Democrats investigated the Russian connections via an actual... oh wait... that wasn't the Democrats, that was a Trump appointed Dept. of Justice leader who launched an investigation after Trump fired Comey.

Meanwhile, the Trump Campaign didn't take any election fraud cases to court, instead choosing to hold fake legislative hearings.

See, just as bad!

“Dems bad too” is a standard response employed by trumpsuckers to divert attention from the absurdities to which they subscribe, i.e. The Big Lie.

“Dems bad too” is a standard response employed by trumpsuckers right-wingers to divert attention from the absurdities to which they subscribe, i.e. The Big Lie.
FIFY. Moore-Coulter is an old term these days. Heck, it has aged a bit and things have gotten exponentially worse. Comparing the Dems in 2017+ with the GOP in 2021... comparing immunization to the Holocaust.

you admit that there were indeed a significant portion of the public that believed that Trump was never actually elected due to Putin's interference
Nope. Trump WAS actually elected and everyone knows it. The most left-leaning “fake news” media agree. That disinformation was a major contributor to his victory, is likewise not in question.
Your false equivalence reeks of desperation to find Democrats as deluded as trumpsuckers who believe The Big Lie.
Come to think of it, you might be one of them.
Who won the 2020 presidential election, Jason?

The electoral vote clearly went to Biden, yet you are now claiming Trump won. How odd.

I know you are confused right now, so I will elaborate.

I like that people are starting to doubt outcomes. I just wish there was some overlap between when Team Blue doubts the outcome and when Team Red doubts the outcome. Unfortunately each team only doubt it when their own side loses and thinks the election was perfectly in order when their own side wins. The two teams must have gotten whiplash over the last 6 years, but neither team seems to have noticed how quickly they themselves moved through "it is rigged, no it is good, no it is rigged, no it is good".

I want people to doubt. I want to encourage those who doubted 2016 and those who doubted 2020, because I want doubt. Once again you are confused by consistency.

I like that people are starting to doubt outcomes. I just wish there was some overlap between when Team Blue doubts the outcome and when Team Red doubts the outcome. Unfortunately each team only doubt it when their own side loses and thinks the election was perfectly in order when their own side wins. The two teams must have gotten whiplash over the last 6 years, but neither team seems to have noticed how quickly they themselves moved through "it is rigged, no it is good, no it is rigged, no it is good".

I want people to doubt. I want to encourage those who doubted 2016 and those who doubted 2020, because I want doubt. Once again you are confused by consistency.
If you hate reliable democratic processes, just come out and say so. Spare me your false equivalency "both sides are bad" bullshit. Saying you support people flinging shit onto a wall just to see what sticks makes you an obtuse cunt.

I don't hate reliable democratic processes, I wish we had them. Instead we have Stacy Abrams and Donald Trump both refusing to concede Georgia. There's nothing in common between refusing to acknowledge a loss and refusing to acknowledge a loss, nothing at all.

I just wish there was some overlap between when Team Blue doubts the outcome and when Team Red doubts the outcome.
You have yet to provide any significant proof that team blue doubts the outcome of the 2016 presidential election. You're straw-manning.

I just wish there was some overlap between when Team Blue doubts the outcome and when Team Red doubts the outcome.
You have yet to provide any significant proof that team blue doubts the outcome of the 2016 election. You're straw-manning.
If you close your eyes you won't ever see any proof.

You have yet to provide any significant proof that team blue doubts the outcome of the 2016 election. You're straw-manning.
You haven't posted any proof to see except one post from the Huffington Post by someone whom no one has ever heard of on a page labeled "This post was published on the now-closed HuffPost Contributor platform. Contributors control their own work and posted freely to our site."

Well, you are confusing false equivalence for consistency.

You haven't posted any proof to see except one post from the Huffington Post by someone whom no one has ever heard of on a page labeled "This post was published on the now-closed HuffPost Contributor platform. Contributors control their own work and posted freely to our site."
Not to mention the writer didn't claim Trump didn't win the election. He claimed Trump was so individually bad and his affiliations with Russia were cause to have his electors and Clinton's electors choose a differant person. He suggested John Kasich, another Republican.

I don't hate reliable democratic processes, I wish we had them. Instead we have Stacy Abrams and Donald Trump both refusing to concede Georgia. There's nothing in common between refusing to acknowledge a loss and refusing to acknowledge a loss, nothing at all.
Not this bullshit again. It's true that Stacey never formally conceded, but unlike Trump, she never once said that she won the election in Georgia. Do you realize that Kemp was the SOS while he was running for governor and that he was the one who was in charge of his own election? He was asked to give up his SOS position many times, in the interest of having a fair, democratic election. There was evidence that he and his buddies removed people from the voting roles while he was running for governor. That is why Stacey didn't formally concede, but not once did she say that she won. There was evidence that Kemp tried to suppress the vote, which made a lot of us a bit suspicious of the outcome, but, unlike Trump and his fools, we all accepted it.

Trump on the other hand continues to this day to lie about the 2020 election, claiming the election was rigged and that he won. And, a high percentage of Republicans believe or are pretending to believe "The Big Lie". Trump asked Raffensberger to "find" votes for him, which was clearly an illegal attempt to overturn the election. Stacey did nothing illegal, by simply not formally conceding. Trump on the other hand has done many things that should put him in legal jeopardy. What is wrong with you? Are you serious, or are you just repeating the bullshit that you probably heard on some nutty right wing broadcast? It's fine to disagree, but don't use bullshit to make your case. It doesn't help your position.

Not this bullshit again. It's true that Stacey never formally conceded, but unlike Trump, she never once said that she won the election in Georgia. Do you realize that Kemp was the SOS while he was running for governor and that he was the one who was in charge of his own election? He was asked to give up his SOS position many times, in the interest of having a fair, democratic election. There was evidence that he and his buddies removed people from the voting roles while he was running for governor. That is why Stacey didn't formally concede, but not once did she say that she won. There was evidence that Kemp tried to suppress the vote, which made a lot of us a bit suspicious of the outcome, but, unlike Trump and his fools, we all accepted it.

Trump on the other hand continues to this day to lie about the 2020 election, claiming the election was rigged and that he won. And, a high percentage of Republicans believe or are pretending to believe "The Big Lie". Trump asked Raffensberger to "find" votes for him, which was clearly an illegal attempt to overturn the election. Stacey did nothing illegal, by simply not formally conceding. Trump on the other hand has done many things that should put him in legal jeopardy. What is wrong with you? Are you serious, or are you just repeating the bullshit that you probably heard on some nutty right wing broadcast? It's fine to disagree, but don't use bullshit to make your case. It doesn't help your position.
But to JH, they are equivalent... somehow.

Seems that @Jason Harvestdancer has done a runner. Been a week now…
Perhaps revealing his stance on The Big Lie isn’t something he wants to do.
Not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course.
If he did come and answer and nobody has quoted him, I apologize.

I’m glad you admit that you want to destroy public confidence in our electoral process. Public confidence in election integrity is a necessary component of a functional democracy, which is why trump and his rubes have been trying to destroy it for over five years.
You still have not been able to back up your specious assertion that lefties think Cheato didn’t win in 2016, and the power of repetition failed you some time ago on that.

Who won the 2020
* popular vote
* electoral vote and
Was the outcome a result of fraud?

If you answer the above truthfully, there is no excuse for undermining people’s confidence in the integrity of the election.

I saw where you tried to hedge, @Jason Harvestdancer , and admitted tha Joe won the EC.
Which implies that he lost some other way.

In what way did Biden not win the 2020 election, Jason?

Last edited:
It’s fairly obvious that only by pushing false equivalences can Jason rationalize his attacks on election integrity, which are mandated dogma of the Trump Party.
He might even think he favors sound democratic process, but in fact we had it. Until Trump lost and he blew it up with a coup attempt.
There was no massive fraud. Everyone knows that except a few credulous dummies who constitute Cheato’s most rabid support, and the margin of Republicans’ victories, wherever they can arrange it by hook or crook.

But I am not alone in expecting massive fraud in November, should Dems pull any upsets in red States.

I’m glad you admit that you want to destroy public confidence in our electoral process. Public confidence in election integrity is a necessary component of a functional democracy, which is why trump and his rubes have been trying to destroy it for over five years.
You still have not been able to back up your specious assertion that lefties think Cheato didn’t win in 2016, and the power of repetition failed you some time ago on that.

We don't have a functioning democracy though. The system is broken, and public confidence is nothing more than the duct tape holding together the remnants. You need to be able to recognize that there is a problem in the first place before you can start trying to fix it.

Who won the 2020
* popular vote
* electoral vote and
Was the outcome a result of fraud?

If you answer the above truthfully, there is no excuse for undermining people’s confidence in the integrity of the election.

I saw where you tried to hedge, @Jason Harvestdancer , and admitted tha Joe won the EC.
Which implies that he lost some other way.

In what way did Biden not win the 2020 election, Jason?

Fascinating. Let me guess, you are going to try to claim that I never answered who won, even though you admitted you found a post in which I answered you.

The way in which he lost was that he was the second president in a row to have people doubting the legitimacy of the office holder. That's too abstract for you, so you'll say that isn't an answer. You'll want an answer a 3rd grader can understand.

Other people are accusing me of not answering already.

The way in which he lost was that he was the second president in a row to have people doubting the legitimacy of the office holder.

Doubting the legitimacy of an election is hardly something new. In my lifetime, I remember several elections starting with John F. Kennedy where there were many claims of ballot irregularities. Many times there have been supporters of the losing candidate who pushed for lawsuits to contest the election results. But other than Bush v Gore, I don't remember anyone other than President Trump continuing to push the idea that the election was fraudulent for more than a few days, and even Gore conceded fairly rapidly after the court's decision.

Ruth

Back
Top Bottom