• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

4th Circuit Rules against Trump Ban in Voluminous Decision

The White House announced it would seek to overturn this ruling at the Supreme Court. And just within the last couple of hours, Trump apparently is attempting to make it as hard as possible for a political ruling in his favor.

Trump Tweet said:
The Justice Dept. should have stayed with the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version they submitted to S.C.

and

Trump Tweet said:
People, the lawyers and the courts can call it whatever they want, but I am calling it what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!
The man loves his ALL CAPS. It also indicates that the term "temporary" was BS. He, well Bannon, wants to stop people coming that share a particular religion.

The White House announced it would seek to overturn this ruling at the Supreme Court. And just within the last couple of hours, Trump apparently is attempting to make it as hard as possible for a political ruling in his favor.

and

Trump Tweet said:
People, the lawyers and the courts can call it whatever they want, but I am calling it what we need and what it is, a TRAVEL BAN!
The man loves his ALL CAPS. It also indicates that the term "temporary" was BS. He, well Bannon, wants to stop people coming that share a particular religion.
What is really bizarro, is that FFvC is potentially damaging his EO odds of surviving in court. Though...could he actually be plotting far enough ahead, to actually get the courts to strike it down, so he can rant and rave at the courts and try to blame "them" when the next terror attack happens in the US? Since El Cheato's temporary travel ban really wouldn't accomplish much of anything as it is...

And we know there isn't a viable threat against the US from these nations, because Trump hasn't blurted out about it.

As we know the terrorist bomber of Libyan descent has been several times to Libya. A small percentage of people from these countries are involved in terrorism

However with attacks and attempted ones growing in Europe a temporary ban followed by tighter restrictions applied in Europe are in the interests of the human rights of their own residents.

What can you tell us of the existing restrictions relating to "vetting" immigrants? You say "more is needed"... well what is the state of the vetting now, and how does it need to improve?

95ed589208a37c027fb35cd4477a8e3a.jpg
You mean those that believe that just because somebody is born in a certain country, that means they truly belong to that country.

For example, Al Alwaki might have been born in the US, but that only makes him de jure American. He never was de facto American because his allegiance was to Islam and Yemen.
30mag-30awlaki-t_CA0-master675.jpg

Unlike our very own home grown white guy:
timothy-mcveigh-this-white-guy-killed-americans-oh-were-they-white.jpg

and

What is really bizarro, is that FFvC is potentially damaging his EO odds of surviving in court. Though...could he actually be plotting far enough ahead, to actually get the courts to strike it down, so he can rant and rave at the courts and try to blame "them" when the next terror attack happens in the US? Since El Cheato's temporary travel ban really wouldn't accomplish much of anything as it is...

He's not even close to being that smart.

He genuinely doesn't grasp that his tweets have real world consequences. He's an utter political ignoramus, who can't keep his mouth shut to save his life.

He genuinely doesn't grasp that his tweets have real world consequences. He's an utter political ignoramus, who can't keep his mouth shut to save his life.
Yeah, I thought about covfefe stupid issue...But maybe Bannon was hanging out with FFvC at 3AM and helped him with his Tweets. I think Bannon is probably smart enough.

But maybe Bannon was hanging out with FFvC at 3AM and helped him with his Tweets. I think Bannon is probably smart enough.
I'd thnk Bannon would be in the bag by 3am.

I would agree, he's probably smart enough after his first Scotch of the morning, about 0900, but will he still be coherent at midnight?

But maybe Bannon was hanging out with FFvC at 3AM and helped him with his Tweets. I think Bannon is probably smart enough.
I'd thnk Bannon would be in the bag by 3am.

I would agree, he's probably smart enough after his first Scotch of the morning, about 0900, but will he still be coherent at midnight?

You misspelled 10 AM.

Yeah, I thought about covfefe stupid issue...But maybe Bannon was hanging out with FFvC at 3AM and helped him with his Tweets. I think Bannon is probably smart enough.

I just noticed that covfefe includes ffvc. Hmm....

I just noticed that covfefe includes ffvc. Hmm....

Try as I might, I can't figure out what the (I assume) disparaging acronym FFvC stands for.

I guess Derec's view is that if you're born in America and become an islamist terrorist, you were never TROOOOLY an American.
But if you're born in America and turn into an alt-right terrorist, you are "once an American, always an American".

As with most of Derec's "points", I can't see how he can hold such views without suffering a lethal level of cognitive dissonance.

I guess Derec's view is that if you're born in America and become an islamist terrorist, you were never TROOOOLY an American.
But if you're born in America and turn into an alt-right terrorist, you are "once an American, always an American".

As with most of Derec's "points", I can't see how he can hold such views without suffering a lethal level of cognitive dissonance.

In the UK terrorism is out of control. The hundreds going back and forth to war zones and 'dodgy countries' is now supposed to be around 3,500 with another 20,000 who are not regarded as so dangerous.
However these represent a minuscule amount of Muslims who interact very well in the UK.

Nonetheless restrictions on entry against suspicious persons should be implemented instead of noting their movements. This could include detention centres for this purpose. In fact this may only amount to a few hundred out of hundreds of thousands. Nonetheless it only takes 5 or 6 people to cause havoc.

Actually the Ultra-right and Ultra-left are cut from the same cloth.

U.S. top court lets Trump's latest travel ban go into full effect

The high court said in two similar one-page orders that lower court rulings that partly blocked the latest ban should be put on hold while appeals courts in San Francisco and Richmond, Virginia weigh the cases. Both courts are due to hear arguments in those cases this week.

The Supreme Court said the ban will remain in effect regardless of what the appeals courts rule, at least until the justices ultimately decide whether to take up the issue on the merits, which they are highly likely to do. The court's order said the appeals courts should decide the cases "with appropriate dispatch."

Heh.

giphy.gif

The high court said in two similar one-page orders that lower court rulings that partly blocked the latest ban should be put on hold while appeals courts in San Francisco and Richmond, Virginia weigh the cases. Both courts are due to hear arguments in those cases this week.

The Supreme Court said the ban will remain in effect regardless of what the appeals courts rule, at least until the justices ultimately decide whether to take up the issue on the merits, which they are highly likely to do. The court's order said the appeals courts should decide the cases "with appropriate dispatch."

Heh.

giphy.gif

What's wrong with them? It's very clear that His Flatulence's order is an attempt to do something unconstitutional.

I agree with the dancing. It's about time more Americans start seeing themselves for who they are as opposed to holding onto the delusion that they're a worthwhile country. The more stuff like this happens, the more likely they'll pull their heads out of their asses and maybe do something about it.

Or not. There's probably something good on tv.

Heh.

giphy.gif

What's wrong with them? It's very clear that His Flatulence's order is an attempt to do something unconstitutional.

Nah. The Executive Branch has always held sway when it comes to foreign affairs. Article III courts have little constitutional basis to interfere. That the Supreme Court set aside the lower court injunctions is an indication that if the appeal gets there, Trump will win. It was a 7-2 vote.

Back
Top Bottom