• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

92 year old beaten with a brick, told to go back to Mexico

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
https://www.theroot.com/go-back-to-your-own-country-elderly-mexican-man-beaten-1827442698/

up9xyttkw2aloea7h3lg.png

Are we allowed to call this racist? Or would that trigger too many fragile white people? I don't want to hurt your feewings.

This is where the Trump political message is headed. He has made terrible statements about people from Mexico and Palestine and Iran, without one shred of truth in them and our people just stand and gape...but when a guy says "don't worry about hitting their heads on the cop cars" can't anybody see what that means? America is becoming more racist and our government is becoming move violent and Nazi-like.

https://www.theroot.com/go-back-to-your-own-country-elderly-mexican-man-beaten-1827442698/

up9xyttkw2aloea7h3lg.png

Are we allowed to call this racist? Or would that trigger too many fragile white people? I don't want to hurt your feewings.

Yes, obviously this is racist, and repulsive, and totally disgusting, and all such acts of stupidity and barbarity should be condemned.

My ex-wife is Mexican, my two sons are half-Mexican, and I have nieces and nephews who are Mexican, which is something of which I am extremely proud. I live in the Southwest US, and have worked with Mexicans and other Hispanics, and have had strong bonds with them. I recently wrote a long post hereabouts in defense of immigrants from south of the border, even illegal immigrants - many of whom have been good friends.

I have also worked my entire career in healthcare, including two Nursing Homes and two Assisted Living facilities, so this kind of thing (and especially seeing the photo) angers me to no end, as I have been deeply involved with the elderly since I was in my early twenties. I've listened to more stories about specific instances of elderly abuse than I care to remember, as part of my inservice training.

up9xyttkw2aloea7h3lg.png

Yes, obviously this is racist, and repulsive, and totally disgusting, and all such acts of stupidity and barbarity should be condemned.

My ex-wife is Mexican, my two sons are half-Mexican, and I have nieces and nephews who are Mexican, which is something of which I am extremely proud. I live in the Southwest US, and have worked with Mexicans and other Hispanics, and have had strong bonds with them. I recently wrote a long post hereabouts in defense of immigrants from south of the border, even illegal immigrants - many of whom have been good friends.

I have also worked my entire career in healthcare, including two Nursing Homes and two Assisted Living facilities, so this kind of thing (and especially seeing the photo) angers me to no end, as I have been deeply involved with the elderly since I was in my early twenties. I've listened to more stories about specific instances of elderly abuse than I care to remember, as part of my inservice training.

I don't think of people as Mexicans unless they're .. Mexicans. No such thing in my mind as "half-Mexican". Half Latino/Latina, yeah.
I used to spend a lot of time in Mexico, and I came to absolutely love Mexicans. I know there must be good ones and bad ones, but my experiences with Mexicans has been much better on average than my experience with Americans - or Latinos writ large, for that matter. Looking at that picture makes me see red, and sick to my stomach. To me the man looks like a gentle, kind, innocent victim of senseless violence. Sure, I guess it's possible that he's a drug dealing rapist just as Trump defined him, but it's also possible that Trump is something other than a violence-inciting, cowardly racist traitor. I don't consider either possibility likely.

I think the attack was deplorable. I hope these alleged human beings get the brick book thrown at them.

up9xyttkw2aloea7h3lg.png

I don't think of people as Mexicans unless they're .. Mexicans. No such thing in my mind as "half-Mexican". Half Latino/Latina, yeah.

I generally go by what the people I know refer to themselves as. My eldest son actually calls himself "Mexican", and has no use for the word Latino, or half-Mexican. He began to strongly identify with his Mexican side after being involved with some racist asshats in High School. My youngest son doesn't identify with either side, but refers to himself as 'half-Mexican", or, as he says, "Just a person"; my nieces and nephews, even though they were born in the US, and most of whom are now adults or close to it, refer to themselves as Mexican - I would imagine because that might be what they were brought up to call themselves. It's a national pride issue. My ex is intensely proud of being Mexican, and even though she is now a citizen of the US, she does not call herself an American.

I know that many people from south of the border reject the terms Hispanic and Latino(a), because they are terms imposed or foisted on them from outsiders, are too broad, and don't indicate their specific ethnicity or identity.

The suspected perpetrators were black, so this won't be framed as a racist attack by anyone other than those whose point is to show that "blacks can be racist too".

Really? Well that certainly complicates things for the illiberals doesn't it? It s clearly anti-immigrant. It would be called racist too if a white guy did it. In any event it is heinous.

I think the attack was deplorable. I hope these alleged human beings get the brick book thrown at them.

Careful. You're close to being called a Social Justice Warrior and being accused of taking away people's free speech rights.

Conservolibertarians: there's no such thing as rape! Women just make that shit up to persecute men with their female privilege!

Also conservolibertarians: we have to kick out all the Mexicans and build a wall because Mexicans are rapists!

The suspected perpetrators were black, so this won't be framed as a racist attack by anyone other than those whose point is to show that "blacks can be racist too".

Really? Well that certainly complicates things for the illiberals doesn't it? It s clearly anti-immigrant. It would be called racist too if a white guy did it. In any event it is heinous.

And just like that, without a shed of evidence, you've tried to justify what any reasonable person would consider indefensible.

What-aboutism: now in  just-so story flavors!

Anything to rationalize creating an environment of hate that results in beating an old man into the hospital with a brick.

Last edited:

Read the article. Not indicated attackers race. Got a citation?

just askin'- for completion.

There is a picture of the woman. I'm just guessing the other four perpetrators were black too, but could be wrong about that:

https://wsvn.com/news/us-world/poli...suspects-who-beat-92-year-old-man-with-brick/

I don't think of people as Mexicans unless they're .. Mexicans. No such thing in my mind as "half-Mexican".
Well that's weird. Mexican is a nationality. It's pretty normal to refer to people with mixed national heritage as "half X, half Y". If your mother is from Spain, and your father is Italian, I think most people would understand what "I am half Spanish and half Italian" means.
Half Latino/Latina, yeah.
Well that' even weirder, as Latino/Latina is just a super-national ethnicity which basically means "Non-Spanish Hispanics" (and maybe includes Brazilians, who aren't Hispanic, they are Lusitanic, but that word isn't in common use).

Not trying to start an argument or anything.

And just like that, without a shed of evidence, you've tried to justify what any reasonable person would consider indefensible.

What-aboutism: now in  just-so story flavors!

Anything to rationalize creating an environment of hate that results in beating an old man into the hospital with a brick.

WTF did you think I wrote? Read again.

Black woman attacks Hispanic man and tells him to go back to his country

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/07/09/woman-beats-a-91-year-old-mexican-man-with-a-brick-tells-him-to-go-back-to-your-country/?utm_term=.f205ee7e8976

I know it's usually black folks who are treated badly because of their race, but to be fair, I'm posting an example of a disgusting xenophobic black woman who attacked an elderly man because he was Hispanic, and she thought that he inadvertantly bumped into her child while walking.

The Fourth of July fireworks display was just beginning when Erik Mendoza realized his 91-year-old grandfather was missing. Thinking he might have gone for his daily walk, Mendoza wandered around the Los Angeles neighborhood searching for him.

What he found was a bloodstained sidewalk.

Mendoza told The Washington Post that Rodolfo Rodriguez, a permanent resident of the United States, had been attacked with a brick and taken to the hospital with a broken cheekbone and two broken ribs.

Misbel Borjas saw the assault as it happened.

Traffic had slowed Borjas’s car at a corner in Willowbrook, Calif., around 7 p.m. on July 4. Rodriguez accidentally bumped into a young girl while walking on the sidewalk, Borjas told The Washington Post. Borjas, a 35-year-old Los Angeles resident, watched the child’s mother — a black woman — push the elderly man to the ground and repeatedly bash him in the face with a concrete brick while yelling, “Go back to your country.”

Actually, it gets worse. Several young men joined the woman to attack the older man. This article doesn't mention it, but somewhere my spouse read that they have videos of the attack and are trying to find the woman and her accomplices to arrest them. I will see if I can find additional information.

What the fuck is wrong with people! I can't prove that Trump enabled this type of behavior, but I sure don't remember stuff like this happening before he took office.

Am I the only one that thought immediately of Zimmerman's injuries after being 'beaten to near death' by another black person?

This attack is just awful. Wonder what the daughter experienced in observing this?

Back
Top Bottom