• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

92 year old beaten with a brick, told to go back to Mexico

The suspected perpetrators were black,
Does not stop Underseer from blaming it on white people.

Well, White people used redlining to keep Blacks out of neighborhoods in the 1930s. Ergo, White people are to blame for this.
Does not stop Derec and Trausti from chiming in to muddy the waters on whether there is a racism problem, by responding to the discussion with pedantry.

Edit:
Seriously, anyone can be racist against anyone of any race. The defining feature here is that some element of their decision making process as relates towards the treatment of the second party be informed by generalization by race rather than interacting with them without assumptions surrounding race.

Seriously, anyone can be racist against anyone of any race. The defining feature here is that some element of their decision making process as relates towards the treatment of the second party be informed by generalization by race rather than interacting with them without assumptions surrounding race.

Well put.

I think the attack was deplorable. I hope these alleged human beings get the brick book thrown at them.

Careful. You're close to being called a Social Justice Warrior and being accused of taking away people's free speech rights.

Conservolibertarians: there's no such thing as rape! Women just make that shit up to persecute men with their female privilege!

Also conservolibertarians: we have to kick out all the Mexicans and build a wall because Mexicans are rapists!

Are you for real, buddy?:eek:

I don't see what the difference is regarding race of one of the perpetrators. Like I wrote in another thread, during the age of slavery, Africans were used by Masters to enforce their will through force at other slaves. I will add, and everyone already knows this, during waves of immigration, previous more settled waves became very against the new waves of immigrants. Like the English and Germans didn't like the Irish and Italians of later immigrations. The least socio-economically tend to (it's not a certainty or even an average) be more against the newbies because of the competition for scraps and bits and jobs. The Man, of course, loves this, loves the division of the masses and labels. That means Trump, I guess, and he uses race to get working class whites on his side but other minorities are not exempt from hearing the message and being affected negatively by it, too. History is there and repeating itself.

Well, White people used redlining to keep Blacks out of neighborhoods in the 1930s. Ergo, White people are to blame for this.
Does not stop Derec and Trausti from chiming in to muddy the waters on whether there is a racism problem, by responding to the discussion with pedantry.
SEE! SEE!!! SEE!!!! We told you! We told you that your strawman position we gave you is wrong!!!

The suspected perpetrators were black, so this won't be framed as a racist attack by anyone other than those whose point is to show that "blacks can be racist too".

Really? Well that certainly complicates things for the illiberals doesn't it? It s clearly anti-immigrant. It would be called racist too if a white guy did it. In any event it is heinous.

And just like that, without a shed of evidence, you've tried to justify what any reasonable person would consider indefensible.

What-aboutism: now in  just-so story flavors!

Anything to rationalize creating an environment of hate that results in beating an old man into the hospital with a brick.

Except that you in your OP introduced white people and racism into the thread.
Racism exists in all cultures, places etc. No place nor people are free of its stain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/07/09/woman-beats-a-91-year-old-mexican-man-with-a-brick-tells-him-to-go-back-to-your-country/?utm_term=.f205ee7e8976

I know it's usually black folks who are treated badly because of their race, but to be fair, I'm posting an example of a disgusting xenophobic black woman who attacked an elderly man because he was Hispanic, and she thought that he inadvertantly bumped into her child while walking.

The Fourth of July fireworks display was just beginning when Erik Mendoza realized his 91-year-old grandfather was missing. Thinking he might have gone for his daily walk, Mendoza wandered around the Los Angeles neighborhood searching for him.

What he found was a bloodstained sidewalk.

Mendoza told The Washington Post that Rodolfo Rodriguez, a permanent resident of the United States, had been attacked with a brick and taken to the hospital with a broken cheekbone and two broken ribs.

Misbel Borjas saw the assault as it happened.

Traffic had slowed Borjas’s car at a corner in Willowbrook, Calif., around 7 p.m. on July 4. Rodriguez accidentally bumped into a young girl while walking on the sidewalk, Borjas told The Washington Post. Borjas, a 35-year-old Los Angeles resident, watched the child’s mother — a black woman — push the elderly man to the ground and repeatedly bash him in the face with a concrete brick while yelling, “Go back to your country.”

Actually, it gets worse. Several young men joined the woman to attack the older man. This article doesn't mention it, but somewhere my spouse read that they have videos of the attack and are trying to find the woman and her accomplices to arrest them. I will see if I can find additional information.

What the fuck is wrong with people! I can't prove that Trump enabled this type of behavior, but I sure don't remember stuff like this happening before he took office.

Black vs Hispanic racially motivated violence, from both directions, is nothing new.

I think the attack was deplorable. I hope these alleged human beings get the brick book thrown at them.

Careful. You're close to being called a Social Justice Warrior and being accused of taking away people's free speech rights.

Conservolibertarians: there's no such thing as rape! Women just make that shit up to persecute men with their female privilege!

Is that a conservative position? It certainly isn't a libertarian one. Why do you believe that?

Also conservolibertarians: we have to kick out all the Mexicans and build a wall because Mexicans are rapists!

I have already stated the libertarian position of basically open borders. Do you honestly think that we should kick out Mexicans and et cetera?

Since this thread is becoming a sniping contest and some of you seem to be missing the point, let me introduce another instance where a man, this time a white man, is arrested for harassing someone who he believes doesn't belong in the US. She's an American citizen with ties to Puerto Rico.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/us/puerto-rico-woman-harassed.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=thumb_square&state=standard&contentPlacement=10&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2018%2F07%2F10%2Fus%2Fpuerto-rico-woman-harassed.html&eventName=Watching-article-click

“You are not going to change us, you know that, right?” Mr. Trybus, 62, says to Ms. Irizarry, 24, as he walks up to her. “Are you a United States citizen? Then you should not be wearing that.”

Ms. Irizarry, who was at the park with friends for a birthday party, can be heard on the video telling Mr. Trybus that she is indeed an American citizen. Her friends can be heard telling him that Puerto Rico is part of the United States. At one point in the video, Ms. Irizarry tries to move away from Mr. Trybus and walks out from under a pavilion, but he follows her as Officer Connor appears not to approach them.

“Officer, officer, I feel highly uncomfortable,” Ms. Irizarry tells Officer Connor, who does not appear to respond to her as he is addressed, and can be seen turning his back and walking toward his police car.

The video shows Mr. Trybus continuing to confront Ms. Irizarry and her friends for about 10 minutes before additional police officers arrive and eventually arrest him. Mr. Trybus was charged with disorderly conduct and assault, the Forest Preserve District said in a tweet. He could not be reached for comment on Tuesday afternoon.

And, there is a video linked which shows that the man is white, but that's not the real issue. The real issue, imo, is that too many people are becoming hateful, racist and/or xenophobic since Trump was elected. Can't we all agree on that, as we certainly have a lot of evidence for that claim? The disgusting cop ignored her when she asked for help, and the governor of PR is asking that the officer be fired.

I don't care what the skin color is of the attacker. The point is that Trump is doing a great job at making American hate again.

I saw that. What the hell was wrong with that dickless, busted rubber cop? They had to have six cops there before they could confront one stupid old man?

Edit:

Nope, Black people can't be racist. Thus, this isn't a racism issue.

I'm going to assume the old guy is actually a White Hispanic and must have groped the girl. Hispanics have the ability to become White Hispanics to preserve racism storylines but there are no recorded instance of Black people becoming White Black people. [Insert Michael Jackson joke here]

https://www.theroot.com/go-back-to-your-own-country-elderly-mexican-man-beaten-1827442698/

up9xyttkw2aloea7h3lg.png

Are we allowed to call this racist? Or would that trigger too many fragile white people? I don't want to hurt your feewings.

The suspected perpetrators were black, so this won't be framed as a racist attack by anyone other than those whose point is to show that "blacks can be racist too".

Or, you know, people who just dislike violent bigotry in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:

I'm going to assume the old guy is actually a White Hispanic and must have groped the girl. Hispanics have the ability to become White Hispanics to preserve racism storylines but there are no recorded instance of Black people becoming White Black people. [Insert Michael Jackson joke here]

Huh. Could have sworn that, as an afro-latino, I had next to no chance of being regarded as a Hispanic white guy.

Are we confusing race and ethnicity again, dismal?

Or, you know, people who just dislike violent bigotry in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit:

Huh. Could have sworn that, as an afro-latino, I had next to no chance of being regarded as a Hispanic white guy.

Are we confusing race and ethnicity again, dismal?

So, wait, you can't be racist against a Hispanic guy? Underseer fucked up Underseerizing this even before we knew it wasn't racism because a Black person did it?

Edit:

Completely agree.

Edit:

Completely agree.

You mean like when Underseer assumed a white person did this, that was a white person being racist against white people?

Edit:

Completely agree.

You mean like when Underseer assumed a white person did this, that was a white person being racist against white people?

More in the sense to reject the Orwellian practice of redefining the meaning of commonly understood words for political purposes.

More in the sense to reject the Orwellian practice of redefining the meaning of commonly understood words for political purposes.

What if the person in question has a long and documented history of bashing white people? Like 3 or 4 threads a day history. Shouldn't we conclude he's self-loathing white anti-white racist?

What if the person in question has a long and documented history of bashing white people? Like 3 or 4 threads a day history. Shouldn't we conclude he's self-loathing white anti-white racist?

More like a Kalergi.

And then, despite being called out for *and reading the callout for* using a tangent to disrupt the flow of conversation away from the situation where anti-immigrant attitudes spread by wealthy "fuckyouigotmine" GOP fucks has become a widespread racial animus against racial groups currently seeking to immigrate, you continue to talk about how it's somehow racist to be against that animus and the people spreading it. Good job.

Hell, you both even emphatically agreed with the statement that is the basis and justification for the claim that the black person beating a Hispanic dude with a brick constitutes racism.

Back
Top Bottom