• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

And it seems even worse when you use the full context of the situation.

White House transcript said:
THE PRESIDENT: But when you do 14 million tests, you’re going to find more cases. If instead of 14 million tests we did 3 million — like, Germany is at about 3 million; South Korea is at 3 million, and they’ve done a very good job. It’s not a knock, but we’re at almost 14 million. We’re going to be passing 14 million very soon.So you’re going to have more tests. If we do 3 million, everyone would say, “Oh, we’re doing great,” you know, in terms of cases. We’re going to have more cases. If we did 3 million — maybe that’s what we should’ve done. I said — if I would’ve done 3 million, they’d say, “Oh, they have very few cases. United States is doing well.”

We’re finding a lot of people. By doing testing, you’re finding people. So we’re doing 14, Germany is doing 3, South Korea doing 3, and I think they’re number two and three. So we’re way ahead of everybody. But when you do that, you have more cases. So a lot of times, the fake news media will say, “You know, there are a lot of cases in the United States.” Well, if we didn’t do testing at a level that nobody has ever dreamt possible, you wouldn’t have very many cases.

So we’re finding a lot of cases, and we’re doing a great job once we find them.

Okay, thank you very much.

Q (Inaudible) follow up. How does it compare to a per capita basis? Obviously, the United States is much larger than a lot of these Europeans countries.

THE PRESIDENT: Yeah.

Q How does our testing compare per capita —

THE PRESIDENT: Sure.

Q — to those nations?

THE PRESIDENT: You want to do that, Deborah?

DR. BIRX: Yeah.

THE PRESIDENT: Per capita.

DR. BIRX: Yeah, our — you know, our testing now, we’re almost up to 4 percent. So some of the state — some of the European countries are at 4 to 5 percent. And I think our goal is to ensure that we can find the asymptomatics. And I think that’s really our focus right now, working with every state to really help them identify where these clusters came from historically, and then proactively going for those clusters, identifying them early, and finding the asymptomatic individuals before. And no one is intending to spread the virus. I always want to be very clear about that. Asymptomatic patient — people don’t know they’re infected. And so, together, we’re really working to find them.

And I think it’s a — it’s a unique challenge, and I think together we’re really making progress.

THE PRESIDENT: And, you know, when you say “per capita,” there’s many per capitas. It’s, like, per capita relative to what? But you can look at just about any category, and we’re really at the top, meaning positive on a per capita basis, too. They’ve done a great job.
So, when you look at it in full context, it becomes clear, Trump has no fucking clue what the term "per capita" means, as he had to shuffle the question to Dr. Birx to deal with. But then to make matters worse, he tries to save a little face with that Peter Griffin face plant.

And now for some reason, an SNL sketch pairing 'per capita' with the 'macarena' is entering my mind. Hmmm....

Per Capita, Per Capita
we are testing so many via aggregata
Per Capita, Per Capita
but, so many dying of Covid per capita...OI!

...needs work

Are you saying the President couldn't give a clear explanation of per capita, per diem, mean, median, and mode? Careful now -- the man went to Wharton. And he patented covfefe.
I can give him a little understanding mean, median, and mode... but per capita is per capita. Unless he thinks European nations are reporting per 10,000 people and the US is per 100,000 people.

Metric per capita vs. Imperial?

Hope this helps:

IMG_5062.JPG

In Chicago, when you die you don’t go to heaven or hell, you go to the voting booth.

This works better with the Macarena:

The US have the best of per capita,
Wear it like a badge, I love per capita
Don't know the difference between that and aggregata
Dr. Birx talk about per capita... Oi!

This works better with the Macarena:
Zwei, drei, vier, one, two, three, it's easy to see
But it's just that I don't care, so
'Cause I hear it all the time, but they never let you know
On the TV and the radio (Cha!)
The aide was young, her heart was pure, but one night her test was shot
She said the economy's best ,
She come a-spendin' with the rest
Then I knew that she was hot.

She was singin'
Don't round them down, oh
Per Capita is found, oh
You're in his eye and you'll know why
The more you breathe, the faster you will die.

Take with a grain of salt but...

According to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll, 44 percent of Republicans believe that Bill Gates is plotting to use a mass COVID-19 vaccination campaign as a pretext to implant microchips in billions of people and monitor their movements

I guess the remaining 56% believe it's George Soros doing the microchipping.

According to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll, 44 percent of Republicans believe that Bill Gates is plotting to use a mass COVID-19 vaccination campaign as a pretext to implant microchips in billions of people and monitor their movements

Saw a meme imagining that conversation....

Gates: i want to track everyone's movements!
Asst: We have their phone data.
G: Maybe a microchip in a vaccine...
A: The fones are GPS capable, and they recharge their own tracking devices.
G: So, we need to find or manufacture an excuse to give everyone this special vaxx.
A: And phones exist.

Trump's Law is tearing at the fabric of our reality.

I have a hard time believing these people are real. Person on the right, maybe? But on the left? Who put that image together? Printed to that size? Are there people that dedicated to this conspiracy theory? Has it even been around long enough?

And the whole idea of using vaccines for tracking purposes? Could there possibly be a dumber way, other than hiring one person to follow each American?

GettyImages-1212435943C.jpg

Who put that image together? Printed to that size? Are there people that dedicated to this conspiracy theory?

Wherever you see forces that are tearing at the fabric of (what used to be) American society, the hand of Vladimit Putin and his proxy (Trump) can be found amplifying those forces.

And the whole idea of using vaccines for tracking purposes? Could there possibly be a dumber way, other than hiring one person to follow each American?

It's almost as if the entire effort begins with filtering for those stupid enough to get riled up about imaginary - or even impossible - things. With the conscientious destruction of the American education system, the populace is ever less able to respond rationally to the garbage they are being fed.

I think that is actually not a new idea. Think there is some conspiracy theory about the smallpox vaccinations, that was even used for several episodes of X-Files. One where they mention the idea the vaccines were used to somehow tag people, or at least get tissue samples from everyone (Paper Clip S3E2) and an episode where there was a conspiracy to use bees to spread smallpox for some reason, possibly to force new vaccinations. (Zero Sum S4E21)

Trump's Law is tearing at the fabric of our reality.

I have a hard time believing these people are real. Person on the right, maybe? But on the left? Who put that image together? Printed to that size? Are there people that dedicated to this conspiracy theory? Has it even been around long enough?

GettyImages-1212435943C.jpg

The one on the left needs a lot more red tape.

When I give blood for labwork they put a barcode on everything and the kitchen sink. Can you even begin to imagine the amount of paperwork necessary to tie a particular dose of vaccine (i.e., a particular microchip) to the identity of the individual receiving the shot?

(And don't get me started on the Star Trek level tech needed to make an antenna on something that small, inside a person's bloodstream, visible to the black satellites...)

There was a man who shot up a pizza parlor looking for a nonexistent basement that he imagined contained a child-sex and cannibalism dungeon.

There was a man who shot up a pizza parlor looking for a nonexistent basement that he imagined contained a child-sex and cannibalism dungeon.
Very true, but who started it? How many people actually bought into it?

#SayNoToBillGates reeks of external subterfuge.

That wasn't more 'real' in any meaningful sense of the word. The origins are online through botnets that are created to amplify these sorts of messages to enough rubes that they show up in physical space. That individual woman could be real or fake, but the content of the poster is not going to be a reliable indicator. If there's enough PR online some set of people, real or not, will show up in physical places. If people show up in physical places, then more people amplify message online. It either becomes self-sustaining, or they discard that message until they find another one that works.

And to put a finer point on this - it sort of doesn't matter if the woman on the left is real or not. Poe's Law applies.

This is what it means to 'flood the zone with shit'

That wasn't more 'real' in any meaningful sense of the word. The origins are online through botnets that are created to amplify these sorts of messages to enough rubes that they show up in physical space. That individual woman could be real or fake, but the content of the poster is not going to be a reliable indicator. If there's enough PR online some set of people, real or not, will show up in physical places. If people show up in physical places, then more people amplify message online. It either becomes self-sustaining, or they discard that message until they find another one that works.

And to put a finer point on this - it sort of doesn't matter if the woman on the left is real or not. Poe's Law applies.
Trump owns that law now in my opinion.

And it matters to me because one is idiotic rube and the other is compensated liar. The whole SayNoToBillGates movement is surreal. We have people out there claiming this whole thing is a scam. They aren't arguing that we don't need to fear the virus, but we need to fear the virus is an elaborate hoax to get people to be vaccinated to track them, a bodily fluid equivalent to chemtrails.

But who? Alex Jones like people that want money? People that want the world to burn? External nations or syndicates? Who is trying to convince people that we shouldn't get vaccines once developed?

This is what it means to 'flood the zone with shit'
We are certainly heading there.

...And the whole idea of using vaccines for tracking purposes? Could there possibly be a dumber way, other than hiring one person to follow each American?

No, no, no. You need three government surveillance operatives to follow each citizen.

One who can read.

One who can write.

And one to keep an eye on the two dangerous intellectuals.

Back
Top Bottom