• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

Quote:
But Watters couldn’t leave the ice cream issue alone. “The president of the United States licking things, especially ice cream, is childish, it’s frivolous, and it’s too casual a look for the country,” he griped. “Biden’s brain freeze will live in infamy. And just like [George W.] Bush gave up golf after 9/11, Biden should give up ice cream after the recession. You’re not at a birthday party, Joe.”

Did Trump give up golf after Covid?

Last edited:

I guess MAGAtards don't need no education or thought control (couldn't help it).

The right wing is obsessed with things that any normal person would just accept as a day in the life of a diverse population.

They scream bloody murder over the most trivial things in the larger scheme of things.

Furthermore, I wonder if they ever even listened to the lyrics to The Wall.

Last edited:

I guess MAGAtards don't need no education or thought control (couldn't help it).
Actually, the other angle of this I had was, who are the people posting against this? Are these people real or just vacant Twitter accounts posting this BS, like they do for anything else that is 'woke'?

Tucker Wins!
In a stunning reversal, Mars Inc. pulls woke M&Ms. This is a huge win for TC. Woke M&Ms will be replaced with some kinda Black kinda Jewish spokesWoman with freckles. Freckles! What does that tell you? Tune in to Fox weeknights at 8PM to find out.

Tucker Wins!
In a stunning reversal, Mars Inc. pulls woke M&Ms. This is a huge win for TC. Woke M&Ms will be replaced with some kinda Black kinda Jewish spokesWoman with freckles. Freckles! What does that tell you? Tune in to Fox weeknights at 8PM to find out.

However, The New York Times has confirmed what The Takeout surmised from the moment the M&M’s announcement went viral: This is all just a publicity stunt. The spokescandies aren’t actually on “an indefinite pause” as M&M’s claimed, but are instead ramping up for their return during a Super Bowl commercial spot.

“Rest assured, the characters are our official long-term spokescandies,” a brand representative told the NYT via email. “The iconic M&M’s characters are in fact spending some time pursuing their other passions.”

But a commercial airing during the Super Bowl featuring Maya Rudolph will bring back all the erstwhile mascots, even though we’ve barely had time to miss them. The M&M’s rep assured the NYT that the spokescandies will be returned “right where they belong at the heart of the brand.”

This was even better than I could have hoped.

Ms Greene asked US Comptroller General Gene Dodaro how much money meant for Covid-19 relief went toward teaching “CRT.”
Mr Dodaro asked what “CRT” meant, seeming confused.
“It’s a racist curriculum used to teach children that somehow their white skin not equal to black skin and other things in educstion,” she said.
“No, I do not know that, but I do know there’s provisions that the federal funds generally are not used, or supposed to be used for curriculum,” she said.
Ms Greene refuted Mr Dodaro in response. “I have to tell you in Illinois, they received $5.1bn at an elementary there that used it for ‘equity and diversity,’” she said.

The latest right-wing culture war:
Your gas stove might make you sick, but your politics can kill you by Adam Lee
Bad news for those of us who cook with gas. A December 2022 study concludes that gas-fired stoves and ovens are harmful to our health, more than most of us may have realized. They could be responsible for as many as one in eight cases of childhood asthma in the U.S.
noting
IJERPH | Free Full-Text | Population Attributable Fraction of Gas Stoves and Childhood Asthma in the United States
and
The Dangers of Indoor Air Pollution | Fox News - cooking fires and kerosene stoves and the like

Adam Lee concedes that he has a gas stove, but he says that if he decides to renovate his kitchen, he will get an electric one.
In light of research like this, some cities have already banned new natural-gas hookups and are requiring new construction to be all-electric. The Inflation Reduction Act has rebates and incentives for electric appliances.

And, as predictably as night follows day, electric stoves have become a culture war issue. As soon as Democrats were for something, Republicans decided they were against it. Conservative politicians are foaming at the mouth about their God-given freedom to cook with gas (even though the states that use gas stoves most are blue states: Illinois, California, New York, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania, in that order).
Republicans turn up the heat on a new culture war target: gas stoves | Republicans | The Guardian - The possibility of the Biden administration regulating gas stoves due to new safety fears has the right wing fired up
After Joe Biden’s administration announced it was considering regulating – or banning – gas stoves, Richard Trumka of the US consumer product safety commission (CPSC) offered some words of clarity: “To be clear, CPSC isn’t coming for anyone’s gas stoves,” he tweeted.

“You will have to pry my gas stove from my cold dead hands,” replied Matt Walsh, the rightwing political podcaster and Daily Wire columnist.

Despite Trumka’s words of assurance, and the fact that no regulation or ban has been put in place or announced as a course of action, conservative figures are trying to turn gas stoves into the next culture war.

“ABSOLUTELY NOT,” the Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene wrote on Twitter. “Apparently they don’t even cook. Idiots.”

The Arkansas senator Tom Cotton, fresh off of penning Fox News op-eds bemoaning the “Biden’s woke military”, warned Twitter followers: “Democrats are coming for your kitchen appliances. Their desire to control every aspect of your life knows no bounds – including how you make breakfast. They just can’t help themselves.”

“COME AND TAKE IT,” read the caption to a pixelated stock photo of a mint-green stove, floating somewhat menacingly on a white background. This was posted by the Oklahoma Libertarian party. Other rightwing groups joined the Twitter complaining crew, like the House Judiciary GOP, which tweeted: “Secure the border? No. Curb inflation for working families? No. Ban gas stoves? YUP.”

A 2020 photo of Jill Biden using a gas stove to sauté spinach also made the rounds on Reddit as an example of liberal hypocrisy. “Cuz rules only apply to us American taxpayers,” one Reddit user wrote. Ted Cruz shared the photo on Twitter with the caption, “Rules for thee but not for me.”
Right-wingers are so easily manipulated.

How did gas stoves ignite a culture war in the US? | Jill Filipovic | The Guardian
Multiple prominent conservatives and rightwing politicians tweeted some version of “You will have to pry my gas stove from my cold dead hands.” Florida’s governor, Ron DeSantis, tweeted the “Don’t Tread on Me” flag with a gas stove in the place of the snake. Representative Ronny Jackson of Texas worried himself about the day “the maniacs in the White House come for my stove”.

The bellicose defense of the sanctity of the gas range was largely fueled by conservative men, whose typical macho act doesn’t usually entail embracing the feminized work of cooking on the stove.

FL Gov Ron DeSantis wants to continue this culture war.
DeSantis keeps heat on gas stoves issue, proposing tax exemption | The Hill
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) is keeping rhetoric surrounding gas stoves on high, proposing a sales tax exemption for the appliances.

In a new statewide budget proposal, DeSantis, who is widely seen as a potential Republican presidential contender, called for a permanent sales tax exemption for gas stoves.

“They want your gas stove, and we’re not going to let that happen,” the governor said on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom