• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

I kinda' missed the whole Get Smart series. It was on a UHF channel and our TV only had a VHF tuner when I was a kid.

We tried explaining UHF and VHF to the kids that day. And how you had to adjust the TV to stop the screen from constantly rolling bottom to top. I think they think we grew up one generation removed from cave man days.

When I was a kid, if you wanted to see what was on THE other channel, you had to stand up, walk over to the TV, and press a button (or turn a dial). Same if you wanted to turn up (or down) the sound volume.

And if you wanted to know what show was on next, you had to go buy a magazine or newspaper with the TV listings for the week in it. Although mostly it was whatever was on the same time last week, and the week before, and the week before that...

I kinda' missed the whole Get Smart series. It was on a UHF channel and our TV only had a VHF tuner when I was a kid.

We tried explaining UHF and VHF to the kids that day. And how you had to adjust the TV to stop the screen from constantly rolling bottom to top. I think they think we grew up one generation removed from cave man days.

When I was a kid, if you wanted to see what was on THE other channel, you had to stand up, walk over to the TV, and press a button (or turn a dial). Same if you wanted to turn up (or down) the sound volume.

And if you wanted to know what show was on next, you had to go buy a magazine or newspaper with the TV listings for the week in it. Although mostly it was whatever was on the same time last week, and the week before, and the week before that...

The UHF Chanells we got, 56 and 38 were the old movie channels. Every Sunday the Boston Globe, a paper newspaper, had the Paper TV schedule magazine for the coming week. News print in black and white. I would study that schedule looking for movies I wanted to watch when I could watch the TV. Saturday morning was always the "Creature Double Feature". Japanese monster movies. Great stuff! - for kid.

Holiday time "Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin" or "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" were on only once. No Dvd. You had to know when to watch them or you'd miss it.

I often wonder what it does to kids brains not to have to think about that kind of planning any more.

Saturday morning was always the "Creature Double Feature". Japanese monster movies. Great stuff! - for kid.
Loved the Creature Double Feature! Best way to top off Saturday morning cartoons. All kinds of sci-fi and horror movies from the 40’s-60’s

Yeah. My youngest really can't imagine a world without the internet and smart phones. She was born in 1999. For her entire existence, it's just the way things have been. When I describe having a total of 7 channels to watch, it's like I'm telling her I was at Auschwitz.

Is the level of histrionics coming from the WH rising rapidly, or is it just me?
I feel like we're watching a rat in a corner who is just now realizing that there is absolutely no way out of the corner in which he is trapped. Maybe someone is educating him on how the Government works, and he is astonished to learn that he can't fire the House of Representatives - not as a matter of optics as with the Special Council, but that he just plain flat out doesn't have that power?

I already spoke of this. His temporary AG is obviously moling in the Mueller investigation and passing back to Bonespurs what's in it. I think it's freaking him out, the prospect that him and his family have a very real possibility of going to jail. Especially so because he can't figure out a way to stop it.

Miriam Adelson is getting the Presidential medal of honour for donating large sums of money to the Republican party. Trump really don't understand how this... being the president... works. Even though corruption exists, the president is supposed to politely pretend that corruption that benefited him... didn't. It's just polite. Certainly not rub it in the face of everybody.

Also Elvis Presley! But we already knew Trump was racist... So sure

Miriam Adelson is getting the Presidential medal of honour for donating large sums of money to the Republican party. Trump really don't understand how this... being the president... works. Even though corruption exists, the president is supposed to politely pretend that corruption that benefited him... didn't. It's just polite. Certainly not rub it in the face of everybody.

Also Elvis Presley! But we already knew Trump was racist... So sure
Strom Thurmond, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney (before the W years), Kissenger won this award. So there certainly are asterisks regarding the Award's legitimacy.

Oh holy fuck... Sunday morning -

"Has your opinion on climate change shifted?""
"No, I have a very strong opinion. I want great climate."

{{runs creaming from the room...}}

Oh holy fuck... Sunday morning -

"Has your opinion on climate change shifted?""
"No, I have a very strong opinion. I want great climate."

{{runs creaming from the room...}}
At some point climate scientist (and really all scientists) would have to start calling Trump publicly what they call him among themselves. What can he do to them really?

Now he's bashing Navy Seals who killed Osama for not doing it sooner.

He later graciously threw out rakes to the homeless fire victims.

Back
Top Bottom