• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A day without stupid?

Stupid, dangerous, and fascist.

twitler florida.jpg

Stupid, dangerous, and fascist.

View attachment 18785

I find this nonsense less threatening now than I did last week. Maybe I'm in denial.

But the orange sack of shit just communicates this way. Translated into coherent non-moron language, Trump is saying, "It bothers me that initially I thought we'd won those seats, but now it may go the other way, thereby making things even worse for me."

I don't think he has any plan to do anything about it. That would require extra effort and follow through.

That is his plan, to undermine the public trust and delegitimize election outcomes. Same thing he's been doing to the FBI.

That is his plan, to undermine the public trust and delegitimize election outcomes. Same thing he's been doing to the FBI.
And if the election goes for the 'wrong people' he'll make sure to always refer to them with a patented Trumpsult.

Ghost Voter Nelson, or Election Stealing...

So Trump traveled to Europe, the Europeans practically mocked him to his face, but they used metaphors so he didn't understand that he was being mocked.

He gets back to the US, and suddenly starts raging on Twitter about France.

I think someone here at home must have explained to him what those Europeans were really saying.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...eone-explains-what-they-were-saying-in-Europe

Donald Trump gets back to the United States, and someone explains what they were saying in Europe

[ent]hellip[/ent]
But just threatening to turn over France to The Hun wasn’t enough to satisfy Trump. Because clearly asking people not to be Nazis has brought Trump’s temper to a Freedom Fries level of boil. An hour after posting about how he’d happily watch France be overrun, Trump was back to threaten to slap tariffs on French wine. And that wasn’t the end of it. Trump is still ranting.
[ent]hellip[/ent]

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-illegal-voters-republican-disguise-1215632

“The Republicans don’t win and that’s because of potentially illegal votes,” Trump said in an interview with The Daily Caller, a conservative news and opinion site. “When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on.”

I wonder what's going on in that blocky space between his ears when he comes up with these. It sounds like his mind shat out a snippet of an old Get Smart episode, and then combined it with a desperate attempt to explain why the GOP got shellacked in the election, and how it wasn't his fault.

Maybe next he'll say he knows Obama is spying on him because he saw a guy talking into his shoe last night.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-illegal-voters-republican-disguise-1215632

I wonder what's going on in that blocky space between his ears when he comes up with these. It sounds like his mind shat out a snippet of an old Get Smart episode, and then combined it with a desperate attempt to explain why the GOP got shellacked in the election, and how it wasn't his fault.

His "mind" has been taking dumps since before he ran for president.

Maybe next he'll say he knows Obama is spying on him because he saw a guy talking into his shoe last night.

He will never "Get Smart". Who here is too young to get the reference?

Here's something I want in a leader... gravitas. Without it whatever else he says is irrelevant. Trump has less of it than any leader in history. Even Kim Jong Un, Gaddaffi and Bokassa had more gravitas than this clown.

Here's something I want in a leader... gravitas.
Yeah, just SOME idea that maybe some thought went into his statements before he made them. Or even during. I'd accept during. During would be an improvement.

Or even after. That way he might learn something from his mistakes.
No, not after. Plenty of people tell him what he did wrong AFTER he spoke. But then he'd have to admit error, and that's just not going to happen.

If the reference is too old, then pick any spy movie/tv show where a guy fools people by suddenly changing into a hat and sunglasses. I'm pretty sure that something like that happened in his head. It's as if there's one last tired old woman sitting at an old timey switchboard somewhere in Trump's ever-hardening brain whose job it is to assemble things into coherent thought. Instead of making all the right connections, she just plugs and unplugs a few random jacks, throws a switch or too, and calls it good as long as words come out of his mouth.

If the reference is too old, then pick any spy movie/tv show where a guy fools people by suddenly changing into a hat and sunglasses. I'm pretty sure that something like that happened in his head. It's as if there's one last tired old woman sitting at an old timey switchboard somewhere in Trump's ever-hardening brain whose job it is to assemble things into coherent thought. Instead of making all the right connections, she just plugs and unplugs a few random jacks, throws a switch or too, and calls it good as long as words come out of his mouth.

Not to derail but, we were talking to the kids the other day about the TV shows we used to watch and how bad some of them really were. Ya we all watched the Brady Bunch and it was smarmy and stupid. But we all watched it because that's what was on. With DVD's, cable TV and video streaming these days, I don't think the kids really get that back in the day, we watched what as on and didn't have a choice when to watch it. Ya, I watched Get Smart. It was a stupid show but that's what as on.

Not to derail but, we were talking to the kids the other day about the TV shows we used to watch and how bad some of them really were. Ya we all watched the Brady Bunch and it was smarmy and stupid. But we all watched it because that's what was on. With DVD's, cable TV and video streaming these days, I don't think the kids really get that back in the day, we watched what as on and didn't have a choice when to watch it. Ya, I watched Get Smart. It was a stupid show but that's what as on.

Oh, come on. It wan't stupid. It was clunky, because all TV was clunky back then. It was farcical, but that was intentional - indeed, it was the entire point, as the show satirized other shows that really were stupid, and that took themselves far too seriously. But it had some real flashes of comic genius.

"This building is surrounded by fifty armed agents!"
"I find that hard to believe"
"Would you believe four girl scouts with pocket knives?"

Of course, Sarah Huckabee Sanders actually says stuff like that, so perhaps satire is no longer possible.

Oh, come on. It wan't stupid. It was clunky, because all TV was clunky back then. It was farcical, but that was intentional - indeed, it was the entire point, as the show satirized other shows that really were stupid, and that took themselves far too seriously. But it had some real flashes of comic genius.

"This building is surrounded by fifty armed agents!"
"I find that hard to believe"
"Would you believe four girl scouts with pocket knives?"

...and my oft used favorite upon receipt of bad news:

Max said:
"I told you not to tell me that, 99!"

I kinda' missed the whole Get Smart series. It was on a UHF channel and our TV only had a VHF tuner when I was a kid.

I kinda' missed the whole Get Smart series. It was on a UHF channel and our TV only had a VHF tuner when I was a kid.

We tried explaining UHF and VHF to the kids that day. And how you had to adjust the TV to stop the screen from constantly rolling bottom to top. I think they think we grew up one generation removed from cave man days.

Back
Top Bottom