• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A new religion!

gmbteach

Mrs Frizzle
Basic Beliefs
On my journey :D
Okay! I have decided to create a new religion.

We will now start worshipping BACON!

Over the next few days I will develop the symbol somehow, but what I envisage is a pigs head, with a halo of pork crackling, and underneath it will be a wreath of crisp streaky bacon!

I know my brother, and at least one teacher aide at my school will join me!

Would you?

You wouldn’t have to go to church! However, you would have to consume the flesh of bacon and give thanks to the poor piggie that gave up its life for it!

Instead of church, regular meetings where the consumption of bacon, and other pork products, are a must, as well as appropriate beverages!

How many of you would join such a religion?

Can't say I'd join cuz I'm not a joiner, but I know I wanna make the maple cured applewood smoked bacon in my fridge now. -_- I had bacon last week, though. Like, all week, cuz it's just me, and my cat doesn't like people foods.

We will now start worshipping BACON!
Start?

Okay., yes, I realise we have all been worshiping the tasty goodness of pork products for years! Isn’t it about time it was formalised?

- - - Updated - - -

Forget the bacon, just give me the crackling! (Does that mean I'm a Nonconformist?)

Nope. Still a pork product, and, IMO, the next best thing to bacon itself.

- - - Updated - - -

I worship chocolate stout beer with marijuana as one of the ingredients.

Sorry, you must now be decapitated by a suicide bomber who will be promised 73 virgins (if they can be found) serving them unlimited bacon!

- - - Updated - - -

Can't say I'd join cuz I'm not a joiner, but I know I wanna make the maple cured applewood smoked bacon in my fridge now. -_- I had bacon last week, though. Like, all week, cuz it's just me, and my cat doesn't like people foods.
You don’t have to ‘join’, just enjoy the benefits!

I had bacon on my burger yesterday. Feeling quite ashamed of myself for not paying due homage and swearing fealty and obedience.

gmbteach

I eat my crackling as 'Chicharrones A la Lima, Peru' :

First a good-sized pile of them cooked with "yerbas buenas" , then fried, and served with fried sliced rounds of sweet potatoes and a salad of raw onions and special hot peppers (sliced jalapenos are a good substitute), and all washed down with copious Crystal lager.
The yerbas buenas are not just 'good herbs', but a specific herb, unobtalnable in Canada, so leave it out or try other herbs to taste.
Eaten regularly like this the crackling makes you forget bacon even exists. :)

No not bacon! Just call me an infidel because I despise bacon. I might join a religion that worships chocolate as I have a sticker on my refrigerator that says, "If I ever need religion, I'll worship chocolate cake". I'm a very progressive ecumenical believer, so I will be tolerant to the bacon worshipers, as long as they don't force their bacon down my throat. Are you bacon worshipers fundamentalists?

gmbteach

First a good-sized pile of them cooked with "yerbas buenas" , then fried, and served with fried sliced rounds of sweet potatoes and a salad of raw onions and special hot peppers (sliced jalapenos are a good substitute), and all washed down with copious Crystal lager.
The yerbas buenas are not just 'good herbs', but a specific herb, unobtalnable in Canada, so leave it out or try other herbs to taste.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerba_buena

No not bacon! Just call me an infidel because I despise bacon. I might join a religion that worships chocolate as I have a sticker on my refrigerator that says, "If I ever need religion, I'll worship chocolate cake". I'm a very progressive ecumenical believer, so I will be tolerant to the bacon worshipers, as long as they don't force their bacon down my throat. Are you bacon worshipers fundamentalists?

chocolate-dipped-bacon-dipping.JPG

Joseph Campbell observed, time and again, that while priests and other authorities of different religions tend to shout at each other about the differences, the monks of completely separate traditions shared a common understanding of that feeling of connecting to the divine. Whether they achieved it through prayer, meditation, drugs, fasting, whatever it took, they understood each other at a basic level.

Bacon or chocolate, as long as you're willing to rip it out of the hands of someone who doesn't appreciate or deserve it, I think we can find a common ground.
Ever tried chocolate covered bacon? Could be a bridge...

gmbteach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yerba_buena

Thanks T2. Did some asking around, turns out Peru's "mysterious" herb is in fact spearmint Mentha spicata.

I also plan to make homemade chocolate treats infused with weed.

Two beers and chocolate treat makes any movie good.

Back
Top Bottom