• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A new religion!

Both Jews and Muslims consider bacon vile, along with all other pork products. What becomes of them, hmm?

Both Jews and Muslims consider bacon vile, along with all other pork products. What becomes of them, hmm?

Well, the inspiration for this thread was a discussion of religious dietary rules, and how international airlines typically serve a choice of chicken or fish, so as not to upset any of those rules. Beef is out because Hindus and (at various times) Catholics may be offended by it; Pork offends the Jews and Muslims; But nobody seems to take offence at chicken or fish.

As it takes a minimum of 24 flying hours to get from the Australian East Coast (where we live) to the UK (where much of our family lives), this implies that any journey to visit family will include at least one, and possibly as many as three, baconless breakfasts, amongst the parade of rather tedious airline food. I like to have a proper fry-up for breakfast, when I am on my holidays. It's hardly a holiday without it.

Hence the tongue-in-cheek idea that a religion that demands bacon would potentially inspire airlines to serve it, to avoid giving religious offence.

Well, the inspiration for this thread was a discussion of religious dietary rules, and how international airlines typically serve a choice of chicken or fish, so as not to upset any of those rules. Beef is out because Hindus and (at various times) Catholics may be offended by it; Pork offends the Jews and Muslims; But nobody seems to take offence at chicken or fish.

As it takes a minimum of 24 flying hours to get from the Australian East Coast (where we live) to the UK (where much of our family lives), this implies that any journey to visit family will include at least one, and possibly as many as three, baconless breakfasts, amongst the parade of rather tedious airline food. I like to have a proper fry-up for breakfast, when I am on my holidays. It's hardly a holiday without it.

Hence the tongue-in-cheek idea that a religion that demands bacon would potentially inspire airlines to serve it, to avoid giving religious offence.

There's an easy cure for that.

Don't they have places that serve brunches in the UK? Surely you can go to one and gorge yourself on bacon, pork sausage, etc.

Emerging racism. First they criticize taking of foreskin then they accused them of cheating then they force tongue-in-cheek.

Eyup.

Bacon can definitely be promoted to religion. Think of it. Bring out fish(bait) withall.

No one would beef about that.

Can gas camps be far off?/methane reivew

There's an easy cure for that.

Don't they have places that serve brunches in the UK? Surely you can go to one and gorge yourself on bacon, pork sausage, etc.

Sure, I can go to one. I shall likely go to several. Maggie's Cafe in Lewisham does an all day 'build your own' breakfast, which I shall no doubt turn into a scene of gluttonous debauchery that will single handedly lead to a shortage of pork products in the South East of England for several days thereafter.

That won't alter the fact that I likely cannot get bacon for breakfast during the ~30 hour trip from Brisbane to London, during all of which time we are prisoners of the airline. Last time out, we flew with Emirates, so even during the transit between flights, bacon was out of the question.

This time our transit is in Singapore, so bacon is a real possibility on the ground - but depend on our incoming flight being on time or early, or there simply won't be time for it. :(

I was just wondering if the Church of Bacon had some sort of Hell.

Maybe a life without bacon, ever, would be sufficiently hellish? :D

The Bacon afterlife is one big feast. Everyone sits at the same vast table.

If you live a proper life (details TBP), you order bacon and they give you bacon. Order tofu and they give you tofu.

If you live an improper life, you order bacon and you get tofu. Order tofu and you get bacon, that sort of thing.
Hitler sits at the kids table and is served bacon bits...

On the topic of religions based on our digestive tracks it seems to me we should be paying more attention as moderns to the religion of excretion. After all it is the only faith we can see it's continuing products throughout life. All the totems are already in place, with commodes, urinals, antiperspirants and deodorants, rituals.

Lets take rituals. Anyone who has ever been at a public restroom has seen rituals of excrement, worshipers turning to see product before flushing, the wiping, applying TP, the standing and turning around to see whether product is properly displayed and flushed. Grunting and farting are essential parts of the excrement practice as is pit sniffing, shirt viewing and touching. Obvious communal implements already built us as we advance our understanding ot shit, piss, and seat.

Even bacon is subservient to excrement since it and corn leave evidence we can witness as it passes from our bodies.

I'm not saying bascon isn't a worthy religion, I'm just saying that excrement is a more complete and well developed new religion. There are northern and southern branches of the religion, gravity and powered versions of the religion, public and private versions, etc.

I'm just saying that to be complete humans have developed several new religions. It seems to me we should be cognizant of those that are actually sacrement worthy rather than just waving our flags for a particular consumption religion.

The Bacon afterlife is one big feast. Everyone sits at the same vast table.

If you live a proper life (details TBP), you order bacon and they give you bacon. Order tofu and they give you tofu.

If you live an improper life, you order bacon and you get tofu. Order tofu and you get bacon, that sort of thing.
Hitler sits at the kids table and is served bacon bits...

hell_hath_no_bacon_by_chillsters-d79ygbh.png

Back
Top Bottom