• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

A new religion!

Well, aren’t christians encouraged to eat the ‘flesh’ of christ’s Body? How is this different?
I don't really support ritual cannibalism, either, but I'd say the big difference is that Jesus isn't nailing OTHER messiahs to the cross for the purpose of eating them.

A pig selling pork seems more like a concentration camp with a Jewish concierge.
That’s ok.

This is meant to be a fun thread through.

Well, aren’t christians encouraged to eat the ‘flesh’ of christ’s Body? How is this different?
I don't really support ritual cannibalism, either, but I'd say the big difference is that Jesus isn't nailing OTHER messiahs to the cross for the purpose of eating them.

A pig selling pork seems more like a concentration camp with a Jewish concierge.

But they're so happy!
[youtube]rehlpyIGAbU[/youtube]

No not bacon! Just call me an infidel because I despise bacon. I might join a religion that worships chocolate as I have a sticker on my refrigerator that says, "If I ever need religion, I'll worship chocolate cake". I'm a very progressive ecumenical believer, so I will be tolerant to the bacon worshipers, as long as they don't force their bacon down my throat. Are you bacon worshipers fundamentalists?

chocolate-dipped-bacon-dipping.JPG

This looks awesome, btw!

Also, it would seem as though bacon worship has already been formalized.

Okay, I get it. Bacon. But to qualify as religion, as opposed to addiction, a few qualifiers are in order.
1) First things first. Describe your hell and tell us who deserves it.
2) What is your greatest commandment?
3) You will need a human figurehead to channel divine messages. His/her title? Seat of power?
4) Speaking personally here, what dispensation do I as a vegetarian have in your orthodoxy, and, specifically, if I use the Morningstar Farms soy protein fake bacon in my worship, am I justified by faith? I am ready to kneel with the supplicants, but only in a soy-based setting.

No not bacon! Just call me an infidel because I despise bacon. I might join a religion that worships chocolate as I have a sticker on my refrigerator that says, "If I ever need religion, I'll worship chocolate cake". I'm a very progressive ecumenical believer, so I will be tolerant to the bacon worshipers, as long as they don't force their bacon down my throat. Are you bacon worshipers fundamentalists?

chocolate-dipped-bacon-dipping.JPG

This looks awesome, btw!

Also, it would seem as though bacon worship has already been formalized.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_United_Church_of_Bacon

:p

What is likelihood glutany leads to obseity. both good mind you. .....

bacon, bon bon, chocolate, cheesenut cake, (ewe complete the thought)

3EC4203A00000578-4361946-image-a-3_1490859968283.jpg maxresdefault-2-1.jpg hqdefault.jpg flat,1000x1000,075,f.u11.jpg

bacon ...........................bacon ........................... bacon ....................... bacon

an end result of religious tendencies ......?

Okay, I get it. Bacon. But to qualify as religion, as opposed to addiction, a few qualifiers are in order.
1) First things first. Describe your hell and tell us who deserves it.
2) What is your greatest commandment?
3) You will need a human figurehead to channel divine messages. His/her title? Seat of power?
4) Speaking personally here, what dispensation do I as a vegetarian have in your orthodoxy, and, specifically, if I use the Morningstar Farms soy protein fake bacon in my worship, am I justified by faith? I am ready to kneel with the supplicants, but only in a soy-based setting.
Hell is a land without bacon. And no one deserves it
The greatest commandment is thou shall enjoy the bacon and other pork products.
I could be figurehead, though my brother would be better
Yes you can still join, because there is effort there.

I have to say that some of the best bacon I have ever tasted was in Europe. They know how to make bacon, delicate, smoky deliciousness on a plate, eggs, warm bread and olive oil, oh, and Italian Espresso...

Chorizo always tasted like Mexican bacon sausage to me, which is probably why I love it.

Also, when I have trouble explaining bonito katsuobushi to someone, I just describe it as "shaved tuna bacon."

The theologians may spend hours in debate on whether or not tofu bacon counts as bacon in the purest sense, the heresologists of the church of bacon are an open-minded lot, and as long as you bring SOMETHING to the potluck, you're okay with us.

The more the merrier, pass the, what is that? Oh, never mind, you had me at 'bacon-wrapped.'

The theologians may spend hours in debate on whether or not tofu bacon counts as bacon in the purest sense, the heresologists of the church of bacon are an open-minded lot, and as long as you bring SOMETHING to the potluck, you're okay with us.

The more the merrier, pass the, what is that? Oh, never mind, you had me at 'bacon-wrapped.'

I'm glad to hear this, K&C. My own apostasy involves turkey bacon, not to mention turkey sausage. I do eat real bacon at least occasionally.

Well, the important thing, for the purpose of religion, is to venerate the Bacon.

My nephrologist would just as soon that I never actually ATE bacon ever again.
But that's a secular issue, that is. Not a bar to holy enlightenment.

From the page on the Church of Bacon:

The main code are the 9 bacon commandments
  1. Be skeptical
  2. Respect boundaries
  3. Normalise atheists
  4. Normalise religion
  5. Have fun
  6. Be good
  7. Be generous
  8. Praise bacon
  9. Protest Bias in the Law

Back