• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Afghan "train, advise and assist" 1984 style

That was a knee jerk post. It has to start with getting cash out of politics. It should all be publicly funded through taxes. No politician should (or should have to) rely on private money (that comes with private stipulations) in order to get elected. American governmental positions should not be a pay-to-win system.

What should Americans who have opposed the nonsense in Afghanistan for 20 years do?

Fly over there and help the poor victims of US foreign policy?

Growing up & accepting that you're a citizen of a country whose influence is global and comes with great responsibility is a start. The next move is to learn how to work together instead of finding stupid shit to disagree about and fueling the two-party TRASH system you have as a result.

Where is there any need for me to grow up?

What should Americans who have opposed the nonsense in Afghanistan for 20 years do?

Growing up & accepting that you're a citizen of a country whose influence is global and comes with great responsibility is a start. The next move is to learn how to work together instead of finding stupid shit to disagree about and fueling the two-party TRASH system you have as a result.

There is no need for you to grow up to me. I said something more than that. If your focus is the growing up part then maybe you do need to grow up.

Long story short, If George Bush would have gone into detail (during that important briefing that all of America and the world was watching) about why Osama Bin Laden attacked us instead of just saying "they hate our freedoms" you think this Afghanistan shit and that Iraq shit would have happened?

There is no need for you to grow up to me. I said something more than that. If your focus is the growing up part then maybe you do need to grow up.

I focus on what I question.

For that I need to grow up?

Where does this growing up crap come from?

It comes from what you just posted. Can we talk about Afghanistan? Why were we thier? Because of Osama Bin Laden right? To destroy Al Queda because they attacked us. Do you know why they attacked us?

OK. I thought maybe you had something real.

Afghanistan is worse than when the US arrived 20 years ago.

We did not teach them a lesson with all our greatness.

Wow. That’s impressive.

E9P-7VsXsAEyd-z

So you think we should take OBL's advice because he's a great judge of character?

Taliban for Trump and Trausti!

Is one ever tempted to take one's own advice?

Boy, the way some folks talk, you’d think they were expecting the Taliban to be shuttling folks to the airport. Anything less and Biden’s a screwup.

I wouldn’t worry too much about all that gear we left behind. I hear the vehicles have OnStar.

I was looking at the pictures of taliban fighters and wondering why they often looks like Captain Jack Sparrow.
I thought it was natural look specific to the region or something. But apparently they use eye liners.

Long story short, If George Bush would have gone into detail (during that important briefing that all of America and the world was watching) about why Osama Bin Laden attacked us instead of just saying "they hate our freedoms" you think this Afghanistan shit and that Iraq shit would have happened?

If he just never went into Iraq at all, none of this would have happened. If he had gone into Afghanistan with far more troops initially, and killed Bin Laden before he escaped, none of this would have happened. Prior to 2005 there were no suicide bombings in Afghanistan. It wasn’t the Taliban style. They took their cues from what happened in Iraq and knew they could demoralize Americans. It gave them a new lease in life. I overheard one general comparing Bush’s invasion of Iraq as the equivalent to Hitler’s invasion of Russia.

There would have remained a low level insurgency in Afghanistan, but it probably wouldn’t have amounted to much.

We'll get out people out. And we'll replace the equipment. And for this, we got out of a 20-year crisis.

Is your post supposed to follow mine logically somehow? Did you respond to the wrong post?

Sorry, I didn't read your post careful enough. My fault. Yes, Trump created many crisis's! To add to your post, a crisis is something that someone creates that was unanticipated. That's the definition of Trump. On the other hand, Biden clearly stated that he was pulling the US out of Afghanistan. Is there anyone who thought that a pullout of Afghanistan would be anything other than chaos?!!

We'll get out people out. And we'll replace the equipment. And for this, we got out of a 20-year crisis.

Is your post supposed to follow mine logically somehow? Did you respond to the wrong post?

Sorry, I didn't read your post careful enough. My fault. Yes, Trump created many crisis's! To add to your post, a crisis is something that someone creates that was unanticipated. That's the definition of Trump. On the other hand, Biden clearly stated that he was pulling the US out of Afghanistan. Is there anyone who thought that a pullout of Afghanistan would be anything other than chaos?!!
One could argue that since everyone thought the ultimate result would be the same — that is, Taliban retaking Afghanistan — perhaps it is actually better that it happened quickly without a drawn out civil war between the Afghan army and the Taliban as was originally believed would happen.

But, it is clear that some people did anticipate chaos and others thought it would not go this way. Certainly some things could have gone better but it seems unlikely that things would have gone swimmingly under any scenario.

I think there is going to be a civil war regardless. Part of the Afghan army has just retreated to their own tribal areas, and are going to fight if Taliban comes knocking on their door. They won't be retaking Kabul any time soon, but there is a real possibility of a low-level, pro-longed conflict akin to Libya. It's too early to tell whether Taliban can actually assert full control of the country.

Of all the things Biden's administration has done, this, the one thing he actually did that was right, is the thing that is causing him to lose support.

Yes, the withdraw was very badly managed. A trained chimpanzee could have done better. Still, the troops are no longer there.

There's even people muttering about impeachment, even though the end result was a good thing.

I'm not worried about impeachment though. The Whites still support Biden, and know that if anything happens to Biden then Harris becomes president.

So not only was I right when I said this:

And he would have definitely not bothered to do anything to help the Afghani interpreters and others who provided aid to the US.

The Trump administration was actively blocking getting them out.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/Tc35eiFjk98[/YOUTUBE]

Loyalty for me but not for thee.

Of all the things Biden's administration has done, this, the one thing he actually did that was right, is the thing that is causing him to lose support.

Yes, the withdraw was very badly managed. A trained chimpanzee could have done better. Still, the troops are no longer there.

There's even people muttering about impeachment, even though the end result was a good thing.

I'm not worried about impeachment though. The Whites still support Biden, and know that if anything happens to Biden then Harris becomes president.

Jason, I agree with your post. But could it have been managed better? There's no star trek transporter than can beam all our people, allies, and equipment out of there overnight. It's my understanding that Biden wanted to start the withdraw on 9.11. We got further intel that the Afgan gov would fall. Once they started trying to withdraw at night to hide it, the Taliban started their offensive.

Back
Top Bottom