• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alex Jones did WHAaaAAAaattT????

I hope Alex Jones wore his Depends today. I suspect Jones' next meeting with his attorney is going to be very interesting.
I've known adults who shit themselves on purpose who have more composure and dignity than Alex Jones at this point.

I guess the Alex Jones jury is now deliberating damages. I have a question but I'm a poor Googler; I hope someone here can help.

If the jurors unanimously agree on the same dollar figure, I guess their job is done, but what if they can't? Surely it can't be just "take the arithmetic mean": If one juror disliked Jones and wanted him to pay $200 million, he could say "$2.4 billion" and get his way even if the other eleven opt for Zero. Pure geometric mean wouldn't work either. Is there a procedure to come up with a number when jurors don't agree?

Ha.
Well, there it is...

Oof.
Heard he plead the fifth nearly 100 times in his deposition for the Jan 6 committee.

Well I think they are going to get some real answers to their questions, along with a lot more questions and probably a bunch of people to call in to answer them. Can't wait for the second season of the committee hearings!

Alex Jones lawyer did WHAaaAAAaattT????

Edit: Would that be consider malpractice on the lawyers part? Their partners must be scrambling about with papers flying all over the offices right now.

Schadenfreude is so delicious.

Wouldn't it be fun if one of the partners dumped the mother of his children for a Trumpish trophy wife. But she knew his passwords and gave them to an office menial, who then found the folder marked "Jones Emails" and sent the folder to Sandy Hook lawyers.

Then quit.

Tom

There was no "mistake" on the lawyers part, or whoever pushed the send button knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

There was no "mistake" on the lawyers part, or whoever pushed the send button knew EXACTLY what they were doing.
How could you possibly know that?
Tom
Yeah, like, if they were a dumbshit and thew all their files in one folder and control-clicked or shift-clicked to select a set and that set alphabetically included the source file they were decompressed from, and sent them all, oh yeah. Totally could have happened.

It's one of the common blunders of sending file batches, to decompress them to the source folder and accidentally send the compressed source.

Yeah, like, if they were a dumbshit and thew all their files in one folder and control-clicked or shift-clicked to select a set and that set alphabetically included the source file they were decompressed from, and sent them all, oh yeah. Totally could have happened.

Do you realize that lots of successful people wouldn't even know what you're talking about?

That there are people out there who don't grasp the difference between a file in your cabinet and a file in your computer?
Tom

I think it depends on what was asked for in discovery.

I also wonder if this was done to create a loophole to claim incompetant representation in an appeal.

They were required to produce the texts, so it's not exactly incompetent to do so.

Accidentally emailing the wrong person happens all the time.

Do you realize that lots of successful people wouldn't even know what you're talking about?

That there are people out there who don't grasp the difference between a file in your cabinet and a file in your computer?
Tom
Yes, that's why I'm explaining exactly how and why it is easy, and so that they may grasp the difference and thus see how they can be easily mixed up and mishandled.

Even so, let's just say I'm agnostic on the intent/accident debate. It's plausible either could have happened and we're never going to know which, unless it was intentional and admitted as such

Back
Top Bottom