• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alex Jones did WHAaaAAAaattT????

300 GB? On a cell phone?
Is that unusual? My antique iPhone 11 has 128gb onboard, and that wasn’t the highest option.
300 GB is just the personal data, not including the operating system.

I still haven't used that much total on my Windows 10 machine, including the OS.

300 GB? On a cell phone?
Is that unusual? My antique iPhone 11 has 128gb onboard, and that wasn’t the highest option.

I still haven't used that much total on my Windows 10 machine, including the OS.
Iirc they were offering 1tb of data storage on that phone when I bought it a few years ago.
And they would have bought it with the explicit knowledge that Jones moves and holds a lot of data...

I watched a video on YouTube about the leak, and how Jones' lawyer fucked up beyond all possible and legal measures as when the leak was discovered, the prosecutor reported it and the defense attorney didn't actually go the legal route to plug the leak. He made some non-legally binding request and that was that. So either he fucked up terribly or he fucked his client intentionally. In either case, likely a case for malpractice for Jones to win. Likely wouldn't get much in damages though as virtually all that info should have been turned over. 300 GB worth. :oops:
Was it this? Hilarious.

Seeing Alex Jones is a habitual liar, I wouldn't believe him if he said the sky was blue. There could be legitimate domestic violence claims between he and his wife, but I wouldn't just take his say that it was so.

I'm just wallowing in schadenfreude.

I honestly couldn't work up any sympathy for Mrs Jones any way. She married him 5 years ago, during the Trump administration. He was a known quantity by then.
Tom

John Oliver had a piece on the Alex Jones trial in last week's show that is hilarious. One section has the presiding judge lecturing him to tell the truth on the stand. I'd post a link but none of the commands on the menu seem to work for me now.

300 GB? On a cell phone?

Iirc they were offering 1tb of data storage on that phone when I bought it a few years ago.
And they would have bought it with the explicit knowledge that Jones moves and holds a lot of data...
From what I gather, the contents of the phone may have only been a fraction of the contents of the dropbox to which the defense sent the link. And sending that link was only the first of their series of fuckups that ended up making the entire lot admissible...
Where do these clowns find their lawyers, from numbers written on the walls of public restrooms?

300 GB? On a cell phone?

From what I gather, the contents of the phone may have only been a fraction of the contents of the dropbox to which the defense sent the link. And sending that link was only the first of their series of fuckups that ended up making the entire lot admissible...
Where do these clowns find their lawyers, from numbers written on the walls of public restrooms?
Wait... What? It's not just the phone, but... Alex Jones' dropbox?!?

I just got the kind of serotonin rush that normally would result in rolling on the floor giggling in the most deliciously ironic Shaudenfruede

300 GB? On a cell phone?

I just got the kind of serotonin rush that normally would result in rolling on the floor giggling in the most deliciously ironic Shaudenfruede
I’m curious what they actually meant to send. But yeah, it was the phone and bonus material. Sounded like a former assistant for the defense attorney clicked way too high in the folder chain.

When I give links to Dropbox or OneDrive for work, I am hyper-paranoid about what I’m giving access to. Triple, quadruple checking.

300 GB? On a cell phone?

I’m curious what they actually meant to send. But yeah, it was the phone and bonus material. Sounded like a former assistant for the defense attorney clicked way too high in the folder chain.

When I give links to Dropbox or OneDrive for work, I am hyper-paranoid about what I’m giving access to. Triple, quadruple checking.
My regimen puts me to finding the "share" option specifically of only the file I wish to share, and then poking that one object at a time, letting each generate its own email.

300 GB? On a cell phone?

Ah, I see now how they got to 300 gigs.

When I share, I create a new, separate folder and copy the shareables there, put tags all over it that it is shared, and THEN triple check before clicking share!

When I share, I create a new, separate folder and copy the shareables there, put tags all over it that it is shared, and THEN triple check before clicking share!
Yeah, that's a part of it too, partitioning off the shared files.

Oftentimes I don't even share from the same Dropbox account. I have an entirely different environment for files that are "mine" vs the ones I would "share".

Even then, I'm careful to share granularly.

I've never even failed on that side of things. Paranoia has kept me safe from such until now.

Instead, my failure is to forget to attach/share/send at all.

I don't actually currently use cloud share technology. My husband does, because they are an artist with files that matter if they are lost.

I am not so afflicted, and anything that I lose is so much stuff I've let get clogged with old crap anyway. My husband has already backed up my Iraq photo album (and several other soldoers' photo albums which I still have, from when they asked me to make copies and backups), and that's the only real "artifact" that would be forever lost to see it fail.

As a result, I just send individual files over telegram or email these days and even then, I partition as you say, from an "outbox folder".

I wonder when all of Jones's files end up on some hacker dark web site?
I cause significant friction injuries to my genital region. That's what. And so do you. And so do we all. Let's not be coy about it.*

*From the fact, not from the contents.

300 GB? On a cell phone?
Quite possible on modern phones. I've got high resolution topographic maps for much of the area within 100 miles of here on my phone, I've never looked at how many gb they take up.

300 GB? On a cell phone?
Quite possible on modern phones. I've got high resolution topographic maps for much of the area within 100 miles of here on my phone, I've never looked at how many gb they take up.
We've already found out it was so much more than what was just on his phone.

Back
Top Bottom