• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alex Jones did WHAaaAAAaattT????

IA obviously NAL so this question must be stupid:

Can/should the judge say "Defendant is obviously a fraud risk, will probably try to hide his assets in another country, so I order that, while he exercises his appeals, $900 million of his assets be sequestered forthwith and placed under a master's control" ?
"Should"? Absolutely.

"Can"? Doubtful.

"Would"? :rofl:

A judge on Thursday ordered far right wing extremist, conspiracy theorist, falsehoods promoter for profit, and Infowars founder Alex Jones to pay an additional $473 million for his lies in a case involving the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School mass shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

Punitive damages for Alex.

Texas too? It's like a conspiracy!

Can that be used to declare him ineligible?
No. I read it was legal for him to do this. I don't remember the details, but I'll see if I can find the article. I read so many news paper articles that I can't promise I'll find it.

Walker: I’d love to debate Joy Reid. You know, Senator Warnock, he’s a slick talking, smooth dressing guy, but in that debate I took him to school because he found out a lot of things he didn’t know. And I can do the same thing with Joy Reid any time of the day.

I think people sit on TV and they talk. It’s easy to talk. But I’ve been a man that have worked my whole life. I built companies. I’ve signed the front of a paycheck. They’ve never done any of that. They don’t know how to do it. I do. And I say any day of the week she want to debate she can show up here and I’ll debate her as well on any subject. She can come up with the subject, and let’s go at it.

Reid: "Okay, Herschel, come on. It aint but a short walk. We will have you on the ReidOut any day. No, seriously. We reached out to your team. We will have you on the ReidOut any day. And we can debate. Just tell us when.

But I do want to make one thing clear, Herschel. You can't bring your friends. You see your little friends there? You can't bring them. You have to do this debate on your own. So come on. The doors to the church are open, like the pastor says."
Walker has yet to accept Reid's open offer to debate him. He hasn't mentioned it at all. So he's actually proving his point that "It’s easy to talk" on friendly TV programs. But he's apparently too scared to face Reid for a debate that he insisted he would "love [to do] any day of the week."

Alex Jones files for bankruptcy following $1 bln Sandy Hook verdict | Reuters
Jones filed for Chapter 11 protection from creditors with the U.S. bankruptcy court in Houston, a court filing showed.

The filing said Jones has between $1 million and $10 million of assets and between $1 billion and $10 billion of liabilities. The extent of Jones' personal wealth is unclear.

Jones claimed for years that the 2012 killing of 20 students and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, was staged with actors as part of a government plot to seize Americans’ guns. He has since acknowledged the shooting occurred.

Jones's lawyers have said he would appeal both the Connecticut and Texas verdict.

The families have sued Jones in Texas state court seeking to unwind what they say are millions of dollars worth of illegitimate transfers from Jones’s company to shell entities he controls. They allege those transactions were intended to shield Jones’ assets from potential judgments.

In whiskey news we really didn’t see coming this week, it appears that the controversial Alex Jones is set to release his own whiskey brand in the weeks ahead.

Alex Jones, who hosts a variety of far right media productions promoting conspiracy theories, has been in the news recently. Notably, this is thanks to a series of monumental judgements against him. A series of defeats in widely publicized defamation cases related to the Sandy Hook school shooting have left the controversial figure with nearly a billion dollars owed to various parties in damages.

Seemingly unable, or unwilling, to decouple himself from alternative news and conspiracy theories, we’re now seeing reports that Jones is planning a whiskey brand release. The whiskey could be available online as soon as December 2022, per industry journalist Fred Minnick:

I wonder if it makes frogs gay.

In whiskey news we really didn’t see coming this week, it appears that the controversial Alex Jones is set to release his own whiskey brand in the weeks ahead.

Alex Jones, who hosts a variety of far right media productions promoting conspiracy theories, has been in the news recently. Notably, this is thanks to a series of monumental judgements against him. A series of defeats in widely publicized defamation cases related to the Sandy Hook school shooting have left the controversial figure with nearly a billion dollars owed to various parties in damages.

Seemingly unable, or unwilling, to decouple himself from alternative news and conspiracy theories, we’re now seeing reports that Jones is planning a whiskey brand release. The whiskey could be available online as soon as December 2022, per industry journalist Fred Minnick:

I wonder if it makes frogs gay.

Don't know that it's a bad thing. Should make his creditors happy that he's trying to bring in revenue.

Don't know that it's a bad thing. Should make his creditors happy that he's trying to bring in revenue.
That was the first thing that popped in to my cynical head.

Do all those people who Jones owes money to get the action? Or did he lie well enough to keep it?
Tom

Jones' lawyer suspended in Connecticut for not being a great lawyer.

Lawyer's team 'accidentally' sent the prosecution team everything they had on Jones. That isn't the problem, mistakes can happen, the lawyer isn't the one even sending this out. However, as the prosecution firmly notes in the trial... he immediately contacted the defense attorney's team and said "Umm... you even gave us the kitchen sink... you cool with that?" Nothing from the lawyer. Both then and in trial. Then the judge in the trial asked (almost leadingly), "You seriously good with this?!" And the lawyer was either playing dumb or was the lawyer from The Simpsons, and declined to object.

This took Jone's goose from on the chopping block to fully cooked. And the lawyer was suspended for it. All things equal, it appears this was intentional. And also fuck Alex Jones.

It's likely they just didn't want to feed the hungry hippo anymore.

Jones' lawyer suspended in Connecticut for not being a great lawyer.

Lawyer's team 'accidentally' sent the prosecution team everything they had on Jones. That isn't the problem, mistakes can happen, the lawyer isn't the one even sending this out. However, as the prosecution firmly notes in the trial... he immediately contacted the defense attorney's team and said "Umm... you even gave us the kitchen sink... you cool with that?" Nothing from the lawyer. Both then and in trial. Then the judge in the trial asked (almost leadingly), "You seriously good with this?!" And the lawyer was either playing dumb or was the lawyer from The Simpsons, and declined to object.

This took Jone's goose from on the chopping block to fully cooked. And the lawyer was suspended for it. All things equal, it appears this was intentional. And also fuck Alex Jones.
Question--if they tried to take it back wouldn't leave the plaintiff able to subpoena the stuff now that they know it exists? I think this was probably oh-shit! paralysis.

Jones’ life, as revealed in the texts, is overshadowed by a sense of isolation. He appears to chat with almost no one who could be described as a friend, disentangled from his activism or Infowars work. Nearly everyone with whom he corresponds, outside of a few people in his family, connects with Jones through their relationship to Infowars, either as an employee or as another pro-Trump influencer. He sends and receives messages with more than 120 people who fit that description. Jones speaks with over 40 people who provide what could be described as personal services to him, like his personal trainer.

Hatewatch has divided our reporting on the texts into a series. This story is part one, and it focuses on what the messages reveal about Jones’ life without the cover of his performance on Infowars. Hatewatch reached out to Jones for a comment on this investigation by text and email. He did not respond, and appeared to block this Hatewatch reporter's phone number. We will update the story if he decides to provide comment after publication.

Jonesy put a lot of parents of slain children through total personal hells for years. And never cared even a little bit. Now he can know how they felt thanks to Jones. Kharma can be a mean little bitch.

It is to be hoped any Alex Jones wannabes out there learn from Jones's hell of his own making and oh so well deserved.

Back
Top Bottom