• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Alex Jones did WHAaaAAAaattT????

While what Jones said was stupid, what really tanked him was his lawyers.

What tanked him was that he doubled down on his hyperbolic bullshit for years and years and years. Something about fooling some of the people some of the time.

What tanked him was that he doubled down on his hyperbolic bullshit for years and years and years. Something about fooling some of the people some of the time.
Well, maybe. But the incompetence of his laywers bewilders me.

What the living fuck?

Jones recently told HuffPost that he is holding onto weapons for InfoWars War Room host Owen Shroyer and video editor Sam Montoya. Shroyer and Montoya were two of more than a thousand people charged in the Capitol riot so far.

Remember everyone, no one was armed at the Capitol... :rolleyes:

Well, maybe. But the incompetence of his laywers bewilders me.
Narcissistic douchebags who can't help but draw attention to themselves can't be saved by lawyers. ... ... unless the lawyers are a Republican Congress.

What the living fuck?

Jones recently told HuffPost that he is holding onto weapons for InfoWars War Room host Owen Shroyer and video editor Sam Montoya. Shroyer and Montoya were two of more than a thousand people charged in the Capitol riot so far.

Them having guns doesn't mean they were carrying them that day.

Presumably he's holding them because the individuals can't legally do so.

This isn't anywhere near the WTF level of much of his stuff.

What the living fuck?

Felons cannot legally possess firearms in America. If someone goes to jail, then their firearms need to be transferred to someone. In some cases, the firearm in question has a lot of value. so, a trusted person (to the owner) would be needed to care for it... and insure it... and secure it... etc..

Jones’ spending in July, which was up from nearly $75,000 in April, included his monthly $15,000 payment to his wife, Erika Wulff Jones — payouts called “fraudulent transfers” by lawyers for the Sandy Hook families. Jones says they’re required under a prenuptial agreement.

A PRENUPTIAL agreement???! So, she's making $500 a night to be his wife???

Also that month, Jones spent $7,900 on housekeeping and dished out more than $6,300 for meals and entertainment, not including groceries, which totaled nearly $3,400 — or roughly $850 per week.

$850 a week is difficult to come to from groceries--you'd have to be buying the most expensive things, like steaks for every meal of the day. Or making your own lavish dinners with many different ingredients and expensive taste.

$3400 on meals and entertainment. Uh, if you are already buying steaks, what kind of other meals are these? It's > $100 a day. Lap dances?

$7900 on housekeeping???! That's over $250 a day on housekeeping and usually that's not a daily task but more a weekly thing. One wonders exactly what is he paying his maid to do...

Man, I should have gone into the Professional Asshole racket, instead of merely being an amateur.

Wouldn't you? Demand something up front I mean, not marry Alex Jones.
I suppose in a parallel universe where I was marrying an untrustworthy conman, I might try to come up with a contract to de-risk the marriage, but...why would parallel universe Don be marrying an untrustworthy conman to begin with? Why would anyone?

I suppose in a parallel universe where I was marrying an untrustworthy conman, I might try to come up with a contract to de-risk the marriage,
The Jones' weren't high school sweethearts or anything. Mrs Jones married him during the Trump administration.
If you were marrying an Alex Jones, wouldn't you demand a pretty detailed and ironclad prenuptial?
Tom

This all kinda reminds me of a scene from some old sitcom or something.
A husband and wife both come from humble beginnings. Husband becomes very successful at something and makes piles of money. Wife complains, "I didn't realize being rich was so expensive!"
Tom

Now that I think about it, parallel universe Don would be asking for a lot more than $500 a night. He has principles after all.

Jones’ spending in July, which was up from nearly $75,000 in April, included his monthly $15,000 payment to his wife, Erika Wulff Jones — payouts called “fraudulent transfers” by lawyers for the Sandy Hook families. Jones says they’re required under a prenuptial agreement.

Also that month, Jones spent $7,900 on housekeeping and dished out more than $6,300 for meals and entertainment, not including groceries, which totaled nearly $3,400 — or roughly $850 per week.

$850 a week is difficult to come to from groceries--you'd have to be buying the most expensive things, like steaks for every meal of the day. Or making your own lavish dinners with many different ingredients and expensive taste.

$3400 on meals and entertainment. Uh, if you are already buying steaks, what kind of other meals are these? It's > $100 a day. Lap dances?

$7900 on housekeeping???! That's over $250 a day on housekeeping and usually that's not a daily task but more a weekly thing. One wonders exactly what is he paying his maid to do...

Shit like this makes me doubt that American justice is effective. All of Jones' property should have been seized by now. He can be offered a government job cleaning sewers to pay for food rations. The idea that his concubine -- prenup or not -- gets paid before the victims is absurd.

A lawyer on another board I'm on said the court can make a monetary judgment but it's up to the plaintiff to collect. The court can't do that, which seems completely stupid to me.

A lawyer on another board I'm on said the court can make a monetary judgment but it's up to the plaintiff to collect. The court can't do that, which seems completely stupid to me.
If Alex Jones had enough integrity to honor his court-ordered debts he wouldn’t have to.

What leverage does a plaintiff have to collect court ordered debts from a dirt bag? Are the victims just supposed to call his phones and nag him until he pays up? I feel like victims, even in civil cases, should have more leverage than a credit card company pursuing deadbeats.

Back
Top Bottom