• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Angela Merkel wants to ban the burka?

So the Brits now throw gays off of buildings, murder someone who draws a cartoon, and segregate women in society?
Babbling a response is not a good way to make an argument. Try again.

Equating Muslims in France enforcing gender segregation with the British vote for Brexit is stupid. You know that and I know that. Anyone who can tell their arse from their elbow knows that.

Babbling a response is not a good way to make an argument. Try again.
Equating Muslims in France enforcing gender segregation with the British vote for Brexit is stupid.
To anyone who can tell their ass from an elbow would know that my point is that the illiberal values in the West predate that migration.

Equating Muslims in France enforcing gender segregation with the British vote for Brexit is stupid.
To anyone who can tell their ass from an elbow would know that my point is that the illiberal values in the West predate that migration.

So the British desire not to be ruled from the continent - either by the Pope, Napoleon, Hitler, or Brussels - is an illiberal value? Similar to the illiberal values expressed by Eastern Europe in the late 1980s not be ruled from Moscow? Or the American colonies' illiberal values refusing to be ruled by Britain? Or all other former British colonies that agitated for home rule? Don't think you know what liberal values actually are.

So the British desire not to be ruled from the continent - either by the Pope, Napoleon, Hitler, or Brussels - is an illiberal value? Similar to the illiberal values expressed by Eastern Europe in the late 1980s not be ruled from Moscow? Or the American colonies' illiberal values refusing to be ruled by Britain? Or all other former British colonies that agitated for home rule? Don't think you know what liberal values actually are.
Are you under the delusion that the Brexit vote was solely driven by the British desire not to be ruled from the rest of Europe?

Are you under the delusion that the Brexit vote was solely driven by the British desire not to be ruled from the rest of Europe?

Whatever the reasons that Brits voted for Brexit (and no doubt just like any referendum people have different reason for voting as they do), to contend that a desire for self-government is illiberal is one of the ass-dumbest things a person can say (even for you laughing dog).

Sorry for the derail. But LD started it! :D

Whatever the reasons that Brits voted for Brexit (and no doubt just like any referendum people have different reason for voting as they do), to contend that a desire for self-government is illiberal is one of the ass-dumbest things a person can say (even for you laughing dog).
What is truly intellectually dishonest is to consistently posit a straw man as a fact. But as history has shown, that has never stopped you, Trausti.

That's an excellent point. People actually use ski masks when they're skiing. Germany is right next to the alps. How are they planing on dealing with that issue? Muslim women could just start walking around with ski masks then. Which would make Merkel look like an idiot. Also the Muslim women. But not as much as Merkel.

If I were them, I'd rob a few banks while I was doing that. You know, just to confuse my supporters about whether or not they should be on my side.

Burka-wearing teens charged in north-end bank robbery - Toronto - CBC News

Sorry for the derail. But LD started it! :D

Britain may not actually take steps to leave the EU. Step 1 has not even started. The EU pushed high immigration figures onto the UK which I don't think the Tories will change. Manageable immigration figures are not an issue however.

Your anecdotal examples are just anecdotal examples. I too had known some Middle East "muslim", he drank beer and stuff.
What's more, Syria before the West started supporting terrorists there, was a pretty forward-looking country, and no Saudi-Arabia.
Not quite so anymore, thanks to great foreign policy of US and EU.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't need to assume anything, I was asked to look at the past and make a prediction based on that. I did exactly that and I saw Dark fucking Ages after Roman Empire fell.

So, don't introduce slavery or pass laws forcing people to follow their father's trade; don't demand very big taxes that don't in any way benefit the taxpayer and, above all, don't have a military that is very well paid and able to set up whomever it chooses in government. mostof all, don't have an Empire that disarms vast numbers of people and prevents them fighting invaders. You are welcome to those lessons, but I fear they are not very relevant, and nor is an obsession with other people's religions, about which you know next to nothing. The Muslims I know are extremely British (other than those in Bradford who insist in sending 'home' for wives), and everything I read suggests that those in the States are even further forward.
Your anecdotal examples are just anecdotal examples. I too had known some Middle East "muslim", he drank beer and stuff.
What's more, Syria before the West started supporting terrorists there, was a pretty forward-looking country, and no Saudi-Arabia.
Not quite so anymore, thanks to great foreign policy of US and EU.

I suppose that experience and anecdote are different: yes, I have anecdotes about drinking with Muslims, but I have experience of Muslim students, even from Bradford, rather a lot of them, who were already pretty much where I stood on most issues, and I can't see that is just anecdote, because it continued over a number of years. Inevitably you get a reaction, often in the third generation, against assimilation (I had 'Irish' students whose father's were big deal officers in the British Army who learned Irish and went out to the West, but this has always been so - read up on Erskine Childers). In my own case, my parents were quite happy to give up our language, and I have devoted a great part of my life to learning to be a decent patriot). I found that the women Muslim students, in particular, were a great deal more forward-looking and feminist than most of their English contemporaries. I think any personal experience is inevitably limited, but most racist-type opinion is based on prejudice only. And incidentally, in Sarajevo, I have discussed alcohol with a Muslim waiter who was a lot more on the ball than my temperance great-aunts in their formidable Congregationalist masses.

France/Belgium has had few generations of muslims who now in a state of full de-integration, some of which went to Syria to join ISIS. I know french did a piss poor job of integrating them but even with that I still think it's ridiculous. Problem I think are shitholes like Saudi Arabia who send their mullahs everywhere. It's not that I am against of people migrating it's just this migration is so unnatural. People who move to other country should be willing to accept new culture at least to some degrees. Instead we see these assholes who were born in Europe and who openly harass natives. Oppressing women and treating them like baby making machines is not helping Europe in a long run at all.

Belgium, as you know, is an artificial state, and the antics of its politicians are hardly important. France is a country that has bullied its minorities since the Revolution, bullied them stupidly and unfailingly, and, like the 'States, kept them in poorly-paid employment and living in ghettoes. What has this to do with anything?
Muslim integration in Europe has failed. And I don't think it's all europe's fault.
You mentioned poorly-paid employment and living in ghettoes, But these bags over a head a sure way to keep that way.

Well, take the bloody bag of yours, you noodle, and look at the crap you are spouting. The Queen regularly wears a headscarf, as most women here used to. What the shit has it to do with you or anyone else what people choose to wear, and what does this bilge have to do with anything?

I think it a great pity that the desperate male chauvinist urge to be bullying women should interfere with serious discussion, Very, very few Muslim women in the West wear the full Middle-
Eastern rig, and assimilation depends largely on the degree of racism indulged in by the local peasantry, as we all know.

Well, take the bloody bag of yours, you noodle, and look at the crap you are spouting. The Queen regularly wears a headscarf, as most women here used to. What the shit has it to do with you or anyone else what people choose to wear, and what does this bilge have to do with anything?
"Regularly" is not the same as "all the time"
And "headscarf" is not the same as "bag over a head"

So try again.

So try again.

What proportion of women in the West, Muslim or otherwise, wear any such thing, fashionista? Stop stirring the shit and sink back down, there's a good racist.

So try again.

What proportion of women in the West, Muslim or otherwise, wear any such thing, fashionista? Stop stirring the shit and sink back down, there's a good racist.

Before banning the burkha, what about banning this abomination?

mens-navy-onesie-large.jpg

Or the fanny pack, ie satans purse

dare-fanny-pack.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

There's quite a few "fashions" that I'd put way above the Burkha in causing public offence.

Before banning the burkha, what about banning this abomination?

View attachment 9037

Or the fanny pack, ie satans purse

View attachment 9038

- - - Updated - - -

There's quite a few "fashions" that I'd put way above the Burkha in causing public offence.

No need to ban something which virtually no one will want to be seen wearing anyway.

If by "those people" you mean Islamists who want to turn Europe into an Islamic society, I have never hidden my contempt for them nor for those Europeans who are allowing them to flood Europe.
People like this should not be allowed to immigrate into any Western society, and should be deported to whatever Crapsackistan they came from.

They are not even trying to hide their intentions any more.

What I don't understand is the irrational Islamophilia of people like you and many Europeans, including European politicians.
quote-i-think-that-s-what-makes-many-swedes-jealous-of-immigrant-groups-you-have-a-culture-an-identity-mona-sahlin-263999.jpg

quote-the-swedes-must-be-integrated-into-the-new-sweden-the-old-sweden-will-not-return-mona-sahlin-89-69-68.jpg

Her nickname is "Mona Muslim" by the way, for obvious reasons.

P.S.: Speaking of elections, did it ever occur to you that rank Islamophilia by the Left is what is driving support for the likes of Trump in the US or LePen in France? Without Muslims flooding Europe, Marie LePen would not even warrant a footnote in French politics.

So people who wear Burkas are automatically islamists?

I know of no other religion that wears black tents!

I know of no other religion that wears black tents!

8ca7c549d8d0ee6d79ef1d00bbbbfe3f.jpg

Religiously mandated clothing is extremely common. It's rare when it isn't. It used to be in Christianity. It's just very recently you could get away with dressing like you wanted to in the West.

Back
Top Bottom