• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another cop "fears for his life" - Officer Michael Slager Shooting Unarmed Black Man In The Back

Not understanding why doesn't change the facts--give-birth-and-discard is not treated the same as killing a baby.

The white woman did NOT "give birth and discard". She THREW THE NEWBORN OUT THE WINDOW!!

The black woman, otoh, did NOT "kill a baby". She made a horrible tragic mistake that caused the death of her baby (whom she loved and cared for) because she was trying to get a job and not be the "freeloader" too many conservatives and libertarians claim single mothers are. Maybe if you people would not have demanded the impossible from her, her child would still be alive.

White woman outright KILLED her baby, yet you are defending her while denigrating the other mother. Why is that?

Perhaps you're seen racism where none exists?

We treat crimes committed for psychiatric reasons differently.

These give-birth-and-kill cases do seem to be treated as psychiatric but I don't know why.

Since she was not confined to a psychiatric ward for murdering her baby, it doesn't seem that they found her "guilty but insane" or anything else that would explain the discrepancy.
Would a sane mother murder her child? :rolleyes:

Yes.

It's not common but it happens sometimes, especially with a young mother who views motherhood as the end to any chance at happiness.

Yes.

It's not common but it happens sometimes, especially with a young mother who views motherhood as the end to any chance at happiness.

But would the mother be classified as sane? I think not. It's some kind of a birth syndrome, therefore a mental breakdown.

Are you seriously suggesting that we chuck out the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and replace it with "Is that sane? Angelo thinks not"?

You must be fucking crazy.

Yes.

But would the mother be classified as sane? I think not. It's some kind of a birth syndrome, therefore a mental breakdown.

Plenty of sane people murder and do horrific things. You are not required to be insane to commit atrocities. Far from it. Most atrocities are committed by perfectly sane people.

Not understanding why doesn't change the facts--give-birth-and-discard is not treated the same as killing a baby.

The white woman did NOT "give birth and discard". She THREW THE NEWBORN OUT THE WINDOW!!

The black woman, otoh, did NOT "kill a baby". She made a horrible tragic mistake that caused the death of her baby (whom she loved and cared for) because she was trying to get a job and not be the "freeloader" too many conservatives and libertarians claim single mothers are. Maybe if you people would not have demanded the impossible from her, her child would still be alive.

White woman outright KILLED her baby, yet you are defending her while denigrating the other mother. Why is that?

And throwing it out the window isn't discarding it?? Also, note that throwing it out the window doesn't cover it up--which strongly suggests a psychiatric component! Murderers generally don't just openly commit murder with a basically 100% chance of getting caught unless something is seriously wrong upstairs.

You're trying to make a racial issue out of something that isn't racial.

Are you seriously suggesting that we chuck out the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, and replace it with "Is that sane? Angelo thinks not"?

What did I just say ffs! It IS a mental break down. No sane mother [ unless a cold hearted killer ] would murder her own offspring!

As I said, I don't understand what's going on.
But that did not stop you from trying to explain the no jail time in the case of a mother killing her baby and jail time for the mother who left her kids in the car.

If you don't understand what is going on, then you really have no business trying to explain what went on, do you? But you are willing to minimize the actions of the white woman (using the euphenism of discard for throwing) in order to eliminate the real possibility that the race may have played a factor in the stark differences in the sentences.

If you don't understand what is going on, then you really have no business trying to explain what went on, do you? But you are willing to minimize the actions of the white woman (using the euphenism of discard for throwing) in order to eliminate the real possibility that the race may have played a factor in the stark differences in the sentences.

I see no reason to blame race when we have a far more obvious candidate--psych issues. One of the big indications of a psych-caused crime is a lack of attempt to conceal it. Throwing the baby out the window certainly isn't concealing it. You don't need to understand the psychology behind it to see the pattern.

I see no reason to blame race when we have a far more obvious candidate--psych issues. One of the big indications of a psych-caused crime is a lack of attempt to conceal it. Throwing the baby out the window certainly isn't concealing it. You don't need to understand the psychology behind it to see the pattern.
You see no reason to acknowledge race might have been a factor in the sentencing even though you admit you don't understand what was going on. Wow.

BTW -
1) acknowledging race might have been a factor is not blaming race.
2) the black woman who did jail time did not try to conceal anything either. I wonder why that did not occur to you as well.

You see no reason to acknowledge race might have been a factor in the sentencing even though you admit you don't understand what was going on. Wow.

BTW -
2) the black woman who did jail time did not try to conceal anything either. I wonder why that did not occur to you as well.

In other words, it's racism until proven otherwise. No thanks.

BTW -

Yet another fundamental reasoning failure - when something might be a factor, that means it is a possibility.

Yet another fundamental reasoning failure - when something might be a factor, that means it is a possibility.

The problem is you are looking at a lack of disproof as evidence. You're treating racism as guilty unless proven innocent.

The problem is you are looking at a lack of disproof as evidence. You're treating racism as guilty unless proven innocent.

The problem appears to be that your default position is your ideology, and not an openness to what is logically possible.

What did I just say ffs! It IS a mental break down. No sane mother [ unless a cold hearted killer ] would murder her own offspring!

I love a self-refuting argument.

Back
Top Bottom