• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

I don't think that case was a right vs left. Rather, you can pretty much count on the media to take the side of controversy. Controversy gets eyeballs, a simple self defense case gets a few inches in the local news section. The media care far more about not missing a case that others cover than about whether first impressions are the whole answer.
They go for controversy but they also push stories based on their political agenda.

Another mass shooting.
Illinois officials searching for man suspected in 8 shooting deaths outside Chicago
NBC News said:
Seven people were fatally shot at two homes across the street from each other in Joliet, Illinois, a city about 35 miles southwest of Chicago, and police are searching for a suspect who they believe also played a role in another fatal shooting, authorities said Monday night.
Authorities are searching for a suspect who they consider armed and dangerous. Romeo Nance, 23, is driving a red Toyota Camry with Illinois plate number Q730412, Joliet Police Department chief said.
Police did not provide any details about the identities of the seven victims found in the homes.
I wonder why this case hasn't been posted about yet ...

Edited to add:
Suspect in Joliet, Illinois, homicides found dead
Made it all the way to Texas. I wonder if the tried to make it to Mexico.

The shooter has a criminal history. He apparently shot at a woman back in January 2023 in a road rage incident, but was released.

Joliet shooting suspect arrested in sweep called ‘Operation New Year’s Resolution’
Shaw Local said:
The incident that led to Nance’s arrest began at 9:10 a.m. Jan. 3, when officers responded to Brentwood Place and Westfield Road for a report of shots fired, according to a statement from Joliet police Sgt. Dwayne English.
Officers determined that a 36-year-old woman was driving a vehicle south on North Larkin Avenue from Route 30 when another vehicle driven by a man began honking while he was behind her, English said.
The driver then pulled up to the victim in the 1300 block of North Larkin Avenue and threw a water bottle at the woman’s vehicle, English said. The woman called 911.
Both vehicles traveled west on Ingalls Avenue when the male driver pointed a gun back toward the woman and fired multiple rounds, English said.
She was not injured, but her vehicle was hit.

He was also in jail in 2019 for robbery.
Joliet Inmate Romeo Nance Attacked, Plea Deal Struck
I could not find information about how that case was adjudicated. If he was convicted, I don't understand why he was granted bail for a shooting when he had a previous violent felony conviction. That's what I am talking about when I say that we need to focus on people, and not on particular flavors of firearms.

Last edited:
The thread title is school shootings. We could do another thread on all mass killijgs. But as a forewarning, expanding the number of cases discussed isn't helping your case.

I could be mistaken, but it appears that Derec's argument is that we should not take action to address school shootings while we have not taken any measures regarding brown people with firearms.

I could be mistaken, but it appears that Derec's argument is that we should not take action to address school shootings while we have not taken any measures regarding brown people with firearms.
FIFY
No, absolutely not fixed. Derec historically rails against black on black gun violence not getting enough press because the press has an "agenda". The reality is that inner city gun violence is quite common and not really news. Another indicator our gun laws apparently are fine.

You have to prove self defense--but more typically to preponderance of the evidence.
It comes down to what happened offscreen--were they reacting to what he did? If so, he probably had unclean hands.
But you cannot just assume "unclean hands". I have not seen any evidence that shows that he probably had "unclean hands". And we also know Joseph Rosenbaum was very angry and aggressive that night. Why do you doubt that he would attack Ritt as well?
You can't assume, but you can think it's likely. Something happened off-screen, we can't prove who initiated it.

A specialized laboratory examining the brain of the gunman who committed Maine’s deadliest mass shooting found profound brain damage of the kind that has been seen in veterans exposed to repeated blasts from weapons use.
The lab’s findings were included in an autopsy report that was compiled by the Maine chief medical examiner’s office and released by the gunman’s family.
The gunman, Robert Card, was a grenade instructor in the Army Reserve. In 2023, after eight years of being exposed to thousands of skull-shaking blasts on the training range, he began hearing voices and was stalked by paranoid delusions, his family said. He grew increasingly erratic and violent in the months before the October rampage in Lewiston, in which he killed 18 people and then himself.

You can't assume, but you can think it's likely. Something happened off-screen, we can't prove who initiated it.
And it is much more likely to have been initiated by the child-molesting felon with an anger problem who has just been released from the loony bin. There is no reason to think that it was likely initiated by Ritt.

No, absolutely not fixed. Derec historically rails against black on black gun violence not getting enough press because the press has an "agenda". The reality is that inner city gun violence is quite common and not really news. Another indicator our gun laws apparently are fine.
I think the media most definitely have an agenda, yes.

I do not think our laws are fine, but many of the proposed solutions (like banning certain rifles) will not do much as vast majority of gun crime is committed with handguns. First, we need to enforce existing laws. Instead of saying police should not be making traffic stops and instead of glorifying armed robbers as "princes".

I think the media most definitely have an agenda, yes.
I get that you think that. But it doesn't make it a fact. There are two main things going on.

1) Inner city violence is a known quantity. If you live in the city you will see it on the news. But otherwise, it is something people are interested in. School shootings are a bigger draw ratings wise.
2) It is ugly, btu most people don't care about inner city people killing themselves. Heck, we had that one (well actually two) serial killer in Cleveland, but all he did was murder black women. It barely made the national news.
I do not think our laws are fine, but many of the proposed solutions (like banning certain rifles) will not do much as vast majority of gun crime is committed with handguns. First, we need to enforce existing laws.
The existing laws have allowed the people to buy these guns right before their sprees. So maybe the existing laws aren't working too well.
Instead of saying police should not be making traffic stops and instead of glorifying armed robbers as "princes".
Yeah, you see, while I get you are obsessed over that, it isn't the problem. Inner city issues are a problem steeped with past racism, corporate abandonment, lead, and poverty. And when you add in all the guns you can grab, are we surprised that bad stuff happens?

Instead of saying police should not be making traffic stops and instead of glorifying armed robbers as "princes".
Are you talking about the commonplace law enforcement practice of seizing money and property off innocent motorists without an iota of evidence to support probable cause for such seizures? They have a name for it - civil asset forfeiture. I agree with you, that can certainly be viewed as highway robbery committed by people with guns. I am disgusted by this practice as you appear to be.

Kyle Rittenhouse appeared to talk at Kent State, as part of Talking Point USA. One audience member asked him about the racism of Charley Kirk. Kyle asked what racist things Kirk had said, and the student provided a number of examples. Kyle feigned ignorance, he refused to comment on it, and then left the stage.

So what is Kyle Rittenhouse going college to college speaking about? Best practices while pretending you are a peace officer during demonstrations?

According to Talking Point USA, he is going around talking about the importance of the second amendment.

Checked it out, apparently he is covering #BLM and their lies as well. And the first place they go to is Memphis? What, Howard University was booked?

Kent State is another one with baggage. Shooting protestors... Kent State?! It is like Talking Points is trolling for news coverage. I also don't get why a Rittenhouse would be given a platform. There is no one else to talk about gun rights and #BLM? Is this all the alt-right has?

What does Ritt have to do with this thread? He is not a school shooter. He successfully defended himself against people who attacked him. There are other threads about that subject that could have been revived instead.

Are you talking about the commonplace law enforcement practice of seizing money and property off innocent motorists without an iota of evidence to support probable cause for such seizures?
No, I mean regular stops by police. Many cities have outlawed most traffic stops ostensibly because of "equity".
Why are you bringing up a completely unrelated issue?

Back
Top Bottom