• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

It does inspire outrage, as long as whitey can be blamed somehow. See Patooka's reply.
Yeah, that's a hugh part of the problem. It's in line with the false narrative that cops are just gunning down black dudes. Young black men are killing each other at higher than Iraq war rates. If lefties can't blame some white/male/NRA member in the suburbs, they don't care.

I'm honestly surprised you leaped to Oleg's defense. I did not see that coming.
Why? I do not agree with him on everything, but he is not wrong here.
If a certain demographic group commits 5 or 6x the homicides than another (as US blacks do, no matter what the reasons might be), then demographics have to be taken into account when comparing homicide rates across countries with different demographic breakdowns.
What's interesting is that racial groups in the US commit homicide at rates similar to their home country cousins. E.g., homicide is rare in East Asia and Asian-Americans are barely a blip as homicide offenders.

Legally, he should be in the clear.
No, legally he either is or is not. Should doesn't apply to questions of law;
In English, "should" can also be used for statements of expectation. As in "we should have nice weather tomorrow".
Should (Modals) | Learn English
I expected him to be in the clear legally. Seeing the full video, I am no longer so sure actually. He may be in trouble for the last few shots.

And Texas law is morally deficient. But that's not a major shock.
I agree that the Texas law goes too far. Here, the perp was a clear and present danger to the employees and patrons. So I think even without the "recover stolen property at night" law, the patron would be in the clear for the first few shots at least, until the perp went down.
I think that the number of deaths and injuries caused by semiautomatic firearms ( hand guns and long guns) is more than adequate reason t place very struck restrictions on their ownership and availability. Much the same way that fentanyl should be severely restricted.

Yes people get hold of fentanyl illegally and sometimes die from it. That is not a reason to make it legal.

Same thing with guns.

If a certain demographic group commits 5 or 6x the homicides than another (as US blacks do, no matter what the reasons might be), then demographics have to be taken into account when comparing homicide rates across countries with different demographic breakdowns.
What's interesting is that racial groups in the US commit homicide at rates similar to their home country cousins. E.g., homicide is rare in East Asia and Asian-Americans are barely a blip as homicide offenders.
Keep 'em out, right? At least be honest on the the hill you want to die don son.

Keep 'em out, right? At least be honest on the the hill you want to die don son.
Whatever you do, don't look at the FBI crime stats. You may not recover.

Build the wall I guess

Build the wall I guess
Yeah, you're too scared to look.

Only the USA has enough mass shootings for the concept of "outliers" to be necessary.
Different demographics.
You know, I was wondering if you would point out how white people are superior but them you went all Stefan Molyneux and openly articulated darkies are the real problem. I'm just disappointed you didn't wheel out the "fact" niggers make 13% of the population but cause 50% of crime. Because poverty and discrimination aren't the problem, niggers are the problem.

There, I said the quiet part out loud for you. You're welcome.
Eh, do you deny the stat? Yes or no? You're never gonna fix a problem if you refuse to acknowledge facts you do not like.
We are never going to fix the problem if we refuse to acknowledge our history. I see it as reaping what we sowed.

Only the USA has enough mass shootings for the concept of "outliers" to be necessary.
Different demographics.
You know, I was wondering if you would point out how white people are superior but them you went all Stefan Molyneux and openly articulated darkies are the real problem. I'm just disappointed you didn't wheel out the "fact" niggers make 13% of the population but cause 50% of crime. Because poverty and discrimination aren't the problem, niggers are the problem.

There, I said the quiet part out loud for you. You're welcome.
Eh, do you deny the stat? Yes or no? You're never gonna fix a problem if you refuse to acknowledge facts you do not like.
We are never going to fix the problem if we refuse to acknowledge our history. I see it as reaping what we sowed.

Story of my (and many other good people in black communities across America) life.

Somebody: Hey look at the statistics!
Me: Yeah. I wonder what the cause is and what we can do about it.
Somebody: (Afraid to say what they really believe out loud)
Me: Well? Any ideas?
Somebody:

You're never gonna fix a problem if you refuse to acknowledge facts you do not like.
So, no part of it is YOUR problem?
Then why are you bloviating?

BTW you continue to presume causality where only correlation is evident.

Can’t vet your “source” but it doesn’t line up with available info.
It’s which definition were using for “mass shooters”. The source I posted uses more than two or three people shot.

Which roughly fits the the demographics of each group
Well, . . .

FmSKLPjXoAEWS3s

Back
Top Bottom