• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

Illinois bans semi-auto firearms. Gov sez it will save “hundreds of lives”. Current owners are required to register their guns within a year, and are responsible for any crime committed therewith.
Let‘s see.
Will gun deaths go down in Illinois?
If it only saves ONE life, is it worth it?
How about ten lives?
If no, then how many?

Have Illinois residents lost their freedumb?
Apparently, many of the county sheriffs announced they would not enforce it.

Agreed. And this monomaniacal obsession with "cowardly weenies" with AR15s is counterproductive. How about locking up gun criminals? Kenyatta Lee Oglesby plead guilty to gun crimes. So why the fuck did the judge release him until sentencing so he could shoot up his girlfriend's family and kill a 3 year old? Why was not Chris Copeland not locked up for his parole violation? Instead he was free to rob a convenience store and execute the clerk.
Kind of pointless talking about new gun laws when those who violate present ones are treated with kid gloves. Or even praised as "princes" or honored with decals on NFL helmets.
The basic problem is politicians pass "tough" laws to be "tough on crime" but don't back it up with prosecutors, public defender funding and jails.

Which roughly fits the the demographics of each group
Well, . . .

FmSKLPjXoAEWS3s

So ahh. What do you believe is the cause and what should be done about it?
I do not know what should be done in London. I live in the US

That might be a long bow. It seems this bastard would have attacked those people regardless of whether he had a gun. But the gun allowed more carnage.
Why was he released by that stupid magistrate? Don't you Yanks have recall elections for judges? I can think of at least 1 judge who is begging for a recall.
Long bows are less common and require more skill, I think. Compound bows are used for hunting some game and those are fairly powerful. There are bow hunting seasons for deer and perhaps bear in some places.

Jails and prisons are crowded in the US where we lock people up over a lot of minor stuff, including possession of small amounts of pot. I'm sure there will be political blow back over this but that doesn't help those who got killed much.
Toni
I was using the term longbow as a metaphor, not literally.
Sorry for the confusion.

That might be a long bow. It seems this bastard would have attacked those people regardless of whether he had a gun. But the gun allowed more carnage.
Why was he released by that stupid magistrate? Don't you Yanks have recall elections for judges? I can think of at least 1 judge who is begging for a recall.
Long bows are less common and require more skill, I think. Compound bows are used for hunting some game and those are fairly powerful. There are bow hunting seasons for deer and perhaps bear in some places.

Jails and prisons are crowded in the US where we lock people up over a lot of minor stuff, including possession of small amounts of pot. I'm sure there will be political blow back over this but that doesn't help those who got killed much.
Toni
I was using the term longbow as a metaphor, not literally.
Sorry for the confusion.
Ah. That makes much more sense. Sorry about that. I do live in an area with a deer hunting season that includes a portion exclusively for bow hunting. So, you never know..or I don’t. Apparently.

Jesus, I stopped for gas in Goshen just this past Sunday. It's not a large town, just a little alfalfa hub in the south valley. Not where you think "mass shooting".

Poor, though. Very poor.

Jesus, I stopped for gas in Goshen just this past Sunday. It's not a large town, just a little alfalfa hub in the south valley. Not where you think "mass shooting".

Poor, though. Very poor.
Dang, you could have stopped the shooting. :biggrina:

I do love how the police are like

"We're pretty sure this is a 'drug thing', because we searched this house for drugs last week and didn't find any."

Another mass shooting, this time in Goshen, Ca. Gang related. Home may have been a stash house.

Goshen shooting: 6 people, including 6-month-old baby, shot and killed at California home, Tulare County police say
Only mentioning because I saw the story linked in the above article but apparently some guy in Utah killed his entire family and then himself because his wife filed for divorce. 8 dead, total:

This is a different article which gives more info:

I do love how the police are like

"We're pretty sure this is a 'drug thing', because we searched this house for drugs last week and didn't find any."
You have to admit that it would be a big coincidence if a police drug raid and the gangland-style massacre were unrelated.
745fb55c-f030-4b9b-ba28-c3c74d3922bd_text.gif

Maybe they successfully flushed the drugs down the toilet, and the suppliers still wanted to get paid and blamed the stash house operators for losing them. Or Sgt. Wayne Jenkins-like cops took the drugs and never logged them into evidence, with the same result of stash house people getting the blame.
ezgif-2-70e29e3e34.gif

Looks like a gang hit, not a mass shooting.
Depending on the definition a particular source/database uses, all that matters is the number of those shot/killed, not the motivation. See the chart I posted upthread. Under those definitions, this would qualify.

Not quite seeing the humor.

You got the part about "baby and its teenage mother murdered", right?
But this isn't really a mass shooting. One house was targeted--that is almost always a drug rip regardless of the death toll. Unfortunately, an innocent was in the middle of it (the woman was probably with one of the targets--you choose to live with scum, sometimes bad things happen.)

Not quite seeing the humor.

You got the part about "baby and its teenage mother murdered", right?
But this isn't really a mass shooting. One house was targeted--that is almost always a drug rip regardless of the death toll. Unfortunately, an innocent was in the middle of it (the woman was probably with one of the targets--you choose to live with scum, sometimes bad things happen.)
Depends what you consider a mass shooting.

Also, your utter lack of empathy for the victims is astounding. You know almost nothing about these people, but are certain they deserved to die? Even a 16 year old girl and her baby, because she "should have known better" than to live in a house ravaged by police and gang violence? Who was shot in the head while trying to run away with her child?

But this isn't really a mass shooting.
As I said before, depends on your definition. There are various definitions used (which leads to some confusion) and only some require the shooting to be indiscriminate and in a public place.
Since you've ignored the chart I posted upthread, here it is again.
how-the-loose-definition-of-mass-shooting-changes-the-v0-x4up61po059a1.jpg

One house was targeted--that is almost always a drug rip regardless of the death toll. Unfortunately, an innocent was in the middle of it (the woman was probably with one of the targets--you choose to live with scum, sometimes bad things happen.)
She may even have had a job in the stash house - like cutting the dope - and not just have been some dealer's shorty.
What kind of scumbag shoots an infant though?

I think that the number of deaths and injuries caused by semiautomatic firearms ( hand guns and long guns) is more than adequate reason t place very struck restrictions on their ownership and availability. Much the same way that fentanyl should be severely restricted.
What do you consider "very struck[sic] restrictions", and how do you propose such restrictions will pass constitutional muster?
Also, what is your opinion of revolvers?
Yes people get hold of fentanyl illegally and sometimes die from it. That is not a reason to make it legal.
It is also not a reason to withhold it from people who need it.
Same thing with guns.
They are not exactly analogous. And I would welcome stricter requirements for gun ownership. When your side starts talking about level of onerous regulation that is tantamount to a de facto ban for personal use, that's where we part ways.

Can’t vet your “source” but it doesn’t line up with available info.
What available info? You did not even provide a source, just a screen shot from Statista. What source do they use? And what definition of "mass shooting" are they using? They have 137 mass shootings over 40 years, which is only 3.4 mass shootings per year. That suggests that they are considering only high-profile mass shootings.
That is in stark contrast to your original question:
Of the 600+ "mass shooting" perps in the US in 2022, how many were white people?
Shifting goalposts much? You ask the question with a definition where there were >600 mass shootings last year alone, then pretend to answer it with unsourced numbers that consider only 137 mass shootings in 40 years. Which is it, Elixir?

The mass shooting database posted by Oleg actually has the numbers of mass shootings in line with your original question, suggesting they use one of the more inclusive definitions. But you reject it because the number (75% black perpetrators of mass shootings) does not align with your ideological compulsion to blame whitey for everything.

Looks like, if you get shot in a mass shooting in the US, chances are you got shot by a Caucasian.
Even with your unsourced numbers, only 53% of mass shooters would be white. That would make the so much hated whitey actually underrepresented among mass shooters even counting only the most flashy ones.

Back
Top Bottom