• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

My gut feeling says Gun violence (crime in general) is much higher in poverty stricken communities than in wealthy communities.
Crime dropped during the depression and during the great recession.

Thanks for sharing but that doesn't exactly address what I said does it? Was there more crime in communities with greater levels of poverty than wealthy communities during both those times?
The Chinese in San Francisco faced discrimination and poverty for many years. Yet, they are nearly nonexistent in crime statistics.

The Chinese came to America with their language, names, culture and family structure intact. Are you serious?

My gut feeling says Gun violence (crime in general) is much higher in poverty stricken communities than in wealthy communities.

Thanks for sharing but that doesn't exactly address what I said does it? Was there more crime in communities with greater levels of poverty than wealthy communities during both those times?
The Chinese in San Francisco faced discrimination and poverty for many years. Yet, they are nearly nonexistent in crime statistics.

The Chinese came to America with their language, names, culture and family structure intact. Are you serious?
If the claim is that poverty causes crime, and not the reverse, they are an example that refutes it. Also add hispanics/latinos. They are economically similar to black Americans but have a lower crime rate. In any case, what happened a hundred years ago is no explanation for the high homicide rate in Chicago or Baltimore. That’s not why they’re killing each other.

Let me guess, the next argument from Oleg will be that other black countries have high crime rates too. SMH, I'm certain poverty and pressure from external forces played no role.

Let me guess, the next argument from Oleg will be that other black countries have high crime rates too. SMH, I'm certain poverty and pressure rom external forces played no role.
Why would poverty cause you to shoot up your neighborhood? Do people not have agency? Is no one responsible for that which they do?

If the claim is that poverty causes crime, and not the reverse, they are an example that refutes it. Also add hispanics/latinos. They are economically similar to black Americans but have a lower crime rate. In any case, what happened a hundred years ago is no explanation for the high homicide rate in Chicago or Baltimore. That’s not why they’re killing each other.

What happened a hundred years ago matters. American culture itself is also a testament to that. The constitution was written 235 years ago and its values are still held dear to the hearts of every American (that gives a shit) today. It's ingrained in the people. Many events that happened in American history effects its people today across the board whether you recognize that or not. It's passed done from generation to generation. What do you think a people who were stripped of their names, freedom, family structure, beaten and killed with the support of that countries government supposed to pass from generation to generation? Surely no one will be upset and pass that on to their children. Ya know, like corporal punishment for their children. Talking down towards each other & carrying an attitude that their children will never amount to anything because in this country they're worth less than shit. To name a few.

Let me guess, the next argument from Oleg will be that other black countries have high crime rates too. SMH, I'm certain poverty and pressure rom external forces played no role.
Why would poverty cause you to shoot up your neighborhood? Do people not have agency? Is no one responsible for that which they do?

If they had something better to do I'm sure a good chunk of them wouldn't be out killing each other. Have you been to the hood? where money is short and they are just roaming the same 10 mile radius (if that) with other people in the community telling them that crime is the way and snitching gets you stitches? It's a black issue for sure. They have agency for sure. It's coming from somewhere for sure.

Look the same argument can be made for school shooters. There is a theme there. Throw all that "they're mostly white!" bullshit out the door and look at what's left. There is a pattern. Looking at that pattern (through nonrace related glasses) what do you propose the solution should be? I know gun legislation is out the door so toss that aside as well. Should we not look at the patterns, figure out its source and then address it as best we could? Filling the jails is all well and good but wouldn't doing something else about the issue be helpful as well? Ya know, decrease the conditions producing such killings from coming to fruition?

Last edited:
Talking down towards each other & carrying an attitude that their children will never amount to anything because in this country they're worth less than shit. To name a few.
Who is doing that? And it’s counter to fact that black people have higher self-esteem than any other group.

hyenanorm1.jpg
Nothing like referencing a joke and missing the fucking point!

The point being the thing that should be dealt with is the thing that led to the deaths, the guns. No one is saying maybe the hyenas need better mental health care options.
No. The joke is blaming the object not the entity with agency. Norm was often making jokes about political correctness.

Norm Macdonald's premise here was that bowties were used to kill wildebeests? Looks like a fake quote.
But it is a joke Norm MacDonald would do. Heck, I can hear him say it. That Oleg wouldn't get the point is another story.

So tired of blacks whining about inequality. I mean, we gave you guys an unlimited supply of poverty and firearms. What the heck else do you want? You think you could have such an elevated murder rate if you weren't given so many guns?
The lefty take that black people ought to be held to a lower standard because they’re black and can’t help themselves is always something to behold.
:hysterical:

Talking down towards each other & carrying an attitude that their children will never amount to anything because in this country they're worth less than shit. To name a few.
Who is doing that? And it’s counter to fact that black people have higher self-esteem than any other group.

Self-esteem is just a part of a persons character not the whole. Black on black crime in Chicago is littered with YBM's with high self-esteem. many of them also have poor upbringing.

Edit: Sorry didn't answer your question.
Who is doing that?

Black parents. It's also something done in the homes of other races however black people (just like mass shootings) are at the top of the leaderboards.

So tired of blacks whining about inequality. I mean, we gave you guys an unlimited supply of poverty and firearms. What the heck else do you want? You think you could have such an elevated murder rate if you weren't given so many guns?
The lefty take that black people ought to be held to a lower standard because they’re black and can’t help themselves is always something to behold.
Malcom X was right about the white liberal.

Oleg, I'm beginning to think you're not here for an honest conversation but rather to proselytize.

Malcom X was right about the white liberal.
:pancakebunny:

You're both right. The fundamental problem here is that "being poor" and "poverty" are two different things. Being poor is a financial situation, poverty is a state of mind. The latter causes crime. The Great Depression made people poor, it didn't confer the attitudes of poverty.

The man arrested for fatally shooting seven people at two farms in Half Moon Bay on Monday has a history of threatening coworkers, according to court documents obtained by the ABC7 News I-Team.

Back
Top Bottom