• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Fucking Mass Shooting At US School

Rubbish. You keep making excuses for standing by and letting a massacre occur.
You could vote against the politicians who support 2nd amendment rights for the mentally ill.

If you don't do that, you're standing by and letting the massacre occur.
Tom

I’d be willing to put my life on the line as well, my kid or not.

That would not be my concern. My concern would be if my aim were not good enough to get a head shot—he was wearing body armor and had already downed one officer.
I'd be worried about a lot of things but nothing would prevent me from trying to save my own kid and the rest of the people trapped in there.

Only a skilled marksman should go into such a situation.

Rubbish. You keep making excuses for standing by and letting a massacre occur.

I’d be extremely worried about any of my shots hitting a child. Only an idiot would not. I’m a lot of things but I am not an idiot when it comes to safety of other people’s children.

That's fine, it's not for you but don't deny other people the opportunity to take action.
Jebus!

Toni: I'd be worried about harming children if I miss, given the high intensity situation... and the guy I'm shooting at has a gun to.
TSwizzle: You don't have the right to deny me the right to collateral damage.

Today on Alt-Right Commentary

TSwizzle: How did the teen afford the guns?
Trausti: Why didn't the police react quicker after the 21 were already dead or bleeding out?

Ivermectin, could it have saved children's lives?

Trausti: Why didn't the police react quicker after the 21 were already dead or bleeding out?
You don’t know that. How many were killed while the cowards were arresting parents?
So you are telling me you can't say that there were shots being fired in the school while the police were outside.
??? There was an active shooter. Damn it, Jimmy. You’re a father. If your child was in immediate harm from an active shooter, would you be okay if the armed cops stood around with the excuse that they’re waiting for backup?

Are all 14,000 or so of America's school communities equipped with a police force to handle a school massacre when in progress?

Is it okay to consider the police in a small community to be cowards for not receiving adequate training to take down one or two heavily armed shooters in a confined space?

Should teachers arm themselves, so they can kill a killer, presuming they have adequate training for confined space manhunts?

Fuck, why aren't we blaming the fucking children or is that in a couple massacres... with Fucker Carlson asking "Why aren't students more involved in their own protection? Are liberals raising children to be completely defenseless?"?

As a reminder, this did come up in the Dylan Roof shooting, and by at least one poster here.

The shooter had a speech problem and had been bullied throughout much of his childhood. Of course, that doesn't excuse him, but I always wonder what kind of lives young people have had when they resort to such a horrific crime. It's another American tragedy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/05/25/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-gunman/
These school shooters seem to be mostly people who had a hard time of it and nobody took it seriously. To take it seriously would mean having to deal with a hard issue, all too many people take the path of deluding themselves that it's only a minor issue in the first place. A lot more turn into ordinary suicides.

Japan has a very strict policy on guns and a very strict penal system. Don't know about today, they had a low recidivism rate in the past.

And not too much concern for whether the person sent to jail is guilty or not.

There's also a cultural pattern that makes people like this nut more likely to just commit suicide rather than lash out as part of committing suicide.

There is a movement to have the bodies of these children actually shown on tv, show the actual carnage wrought by guns in the US. The anti-abortion forces does that. Emmitt Till's mother did it.

The point is to make it real to people, not just statistics.
Bad idea! Mass shootings are driven by publicity. Make mass shootings something we don't talk about and we will have a lot less mass shootings.

Japan has a very strict policy on guns and a very strict penal system. Don't know about today, they had a low recidivism rate in the past.

There's also a cultural pattern that makes people like this nut more likely to just commit suicide rather than lash out as part of committing suicide.
He was not a "nut". There is no indication he suffered from a specific illness (of which he still wouldn't be a "nut", that shit is part of the problem). He wasn't capable of coping with what he was suffering from. And he devolved into a very dark psychopathic mindset.

He was hurting badly and wasn't helped.

There is a movement to have the bodies of these children actually shown on tv, show the actual carnage wrought by guns in the US. The anti-abortion forces does that. Emmitt Till's mother did it.

The point is to make it real to people, not just statistics.
Bad idea! Mass shootings are driven by publicity. Make mass shootings something we don't talk about and we will have a lot less mass shootings.
So the University of Texas shooting had no coverage? Mass shootings happen because in America, we provide the tools easily to people just mad enough, at the right time.

He was not a "nut". There is no indication he suffered from a specific illness (of which he still wouldn't be a "nut", that shit is part of the problem). He wasn't capable of coping with what he was suffering from. And he devolved into a very dark psychopathic mindset.

Or he was just a psychopath.

I just heard this morning some idiot Florida congress person actually said dead kids are an okay price to pay for the second amendment.

We true Pro-Life people totally agree.

And in the case of Texas, with SB8, I want the right to sue everyone involved in the procurement of the murder weapon. Everyone from the dealer to the dealer's supplier to the manufacturer to everyone who owns stock in the manufacturer.

Everyone.

And not just in Texas. If a Californian grandma lost a grandchild she should be able to sue the manufacturer in Arizona or wherever.
And she should be protected from any countersuit.

See how long guns get sold the way they are now.
Tom

Are all 14,000 or so of America's school communities equipped with a police force to handle a school massacre when in progress?

Is it okay to consider the police in a small community to be cowards for not receiving adequate training to take down one or two heavily armed shooters in a confined space?

Should teachers arm themselves, so they can kill a killer, presuming they have adequate training for confined space manhunts?
According to someone I interacted with on the social media yesterday, the answer is yes. Trained, armed teachers. But that's only the beginning.

This person posited that the answer to school shootings was to turn Named After President Elementary School into a "hardened target." Armed guards, choke points, metal detectors at every entrance, and when I jokingly suggested "why not guard towers with snipers trained on the entrances?" the response was:

Wait so you think it's ok to have that level of security to keep prisoners in prison but not to keep criminals out of our schools?

Really. Schools should be like prisons. And since the GOP continues to insist that mental health is the real problem, what would the mental health impact of kids going to a school that was like an armed POW camp? Probably not good.

Finally, I find it fucking hilarious that Republicans will loudly support any and all security measures at schools, but paying the teachers enough to cover the supplies they buy out of their own pockets because the budget has been cut again? That's a bridge too far. So we need absurdly expensive security at our public schools...that Republicans are trying to destroy in favor of private and parochial schools.

One big change was that the assault weapons ban of 1994 only lasted 10 years. Congress let it expire. Afterwards, military style assault weapons became the weapon of choice for mass shootings. Quick trigger action and very high capacity magazines allow even poorly trained users to kill and injure a lot of people very quickly. Add body armor to keep the shooter alive, when security forces finally show up. Here is a  List of school shootings in the United States. That page is a rather long list that covers just those since 2000. There is a link to another long list for those that took place in the previous century. Most of these shootings only manage to kill a few people or even fail to accomplish that, but the frequency and lethality have gone up over time as more and more guns with enhanced firepower have become available to the public.
The assault weapons ban did nothing. Fundamentally, it was based on evil looks, not on function. It's just an example of the left trying to chip away at gun rights, just like the right likes to chip away at abortion rights.

Or he was just a psychopath.
There is no evidence supporting he was a psychopath while growing up. His behavior shifted and allegedly began cutting himself.

Back
Top Bottom