• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Another Trump Rape Surfaces

Well, it's refreshing that you are now at least talking about DNA and an investigation instead of just believing the man did bad thing just because he is accused.
If my daughter said she had been raped, I wouldn't ask for DNA evidence from her.

But EJC is none of ours daughter. By that same token, if your son was accused of rape, would you not want that he be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? You would certainly not want his accuser to be believed without evidence.
FFS, Jimmy’s comment was not in reference to a criminal prosecution. Obviously he is saying his daughter’s word would be sufficient for him to believe she was raped.

It is possible for an alleging victim to appear sufficiently credible that people believe their story. The credibility of the allegation is bolstered if it is consistent with the alleged perp’s known history and/ or character.

But EJC is none of ours daughter. By that same token, if your son was accused of rape, would you not want that he be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? You would certainly not want his accuser to be believed without evidence.
FFS, Jimmy’s comment was not in reference to a criminal prosecution. Obviously he is saying his daughter’s word would be sufficient for him to believe she was raped.

It is possible for an alleging victim to appear sufficiently credible that people believe their story. The credibility of the allegation is bolstered if it is consistent with the alleged perp’s known history and/ or character.

Unfortunately, no matter how bad the track record of the perp, no matter how much circumstantial (incl DNA) evidence supports the allegation, some people will not endorse prosecuting a rapist unless they were personally attending the rape and taking video of it themselves (just so they know it wasn't doctored).

Unfortunately, no matter how bad the track record of the perp, no matter how much circumstantial (incl DNA) evidence supports the allegation, some people will not endorse prosecuting a rapist unless they were personally attending the rape and taking video of it themselves (just so they know it wasn't doctored).

Even then, there are those who will claim the victim consented. There are individual who genuinely believe that if a girl or woman is beaten half conscious and then quits struggling, that’s consent. And some think that 5 year olds are seductive....

Even then, there are those who will claim the victim consented. There are individual who genuinely believe that if a girl or woman is beaten half conscious and then quits struggling, that’s consent. And some think that 5 year olds are seductive....
The biggest trouble with rape accusations is the accused rarely ever throws up their hands and say ‘got me’.

That said, Robbers are the same. But I don’t recall Derec starting a thread mocking a person that claimed they were robbed. He hasn’t post about whether the doors or windows were unlocked. About how some people have lied about theft.

Odd.

Well, it's refreshing that you are now at least talking about DNA and an investigation instead of just believing the man did bad thing just because he is accused.
If my daughter said she had been raped, I wouldn't ask for DNA evidence from her.

But EJC is none of ours daughter.
Test tube baby?
By that same token, if your son was accused of rape, would you not want that he be presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt? You would certainly not want his accuser to be believed without evidence.
Certainly a father believing their daughter isn’t exactly the threshold for conviction anywhere.

Personally, I weill be glad when the culture is changed so that sexual assaults of any kind will be looked at as a civil rights issue and a hate crime and that women will not be indoctrinated into a mindset of shame and embarrassment. Much ofr the skepticism comes from the lack of reporting of these incidents.

I don't care who does these things, it is the woman that goes through the most.

I would. I don't know her and have no reason to take her accusations as fact, especially if that means prejudging the accused.

I would. I don't know her and have no reason to take her accusations as fact, especially if that means prejudging the accused.

Sounds like you're prejudging the accuser.

You've seen the links to data on false accusations of rape. You know the rate of 'false and unfounded' claims is less than 10%, and when unfounded claims (aka claims lacking evidence) are separated out, the false claims amount to somewhere around 2%.

It is far more likely your unknown, unacknowledged daughter is telling the truth as she knows it. So much more likely that you really have no good reason to doubt her.

As for demanding a rape victim preserve DNA evidence before showering off the residue of a rapist's attack, otherwise you won't believe him/her, that's not only unreasonable, it's cruel.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, no matter how bad the track record of the perp,
Track record of the accused should not matter when that reputation is well-known to the accuser and thus could have influenced her choice of target for a false accusation.
no matter how much circumstantial (incl DNA) evidence supports the allegation,
There is 0 evidence for EJC's accusation.
some people will not endorse prosecuting a rapist unless they were personally attending the rape and taking video of it themselves (just so they know it wasn't doctored).
Bullshit.

You've seen the links to data on false accusations of rape. You know the rate of 'false and unfounded' claims is less than 10%, and when unfounded claims (aka claims lacking evidence) are separated out, the false claims amount to somewhere around 2%.
That is being pushed by radical feminists but is highly misleading. The ~10% unfounded rate is the claims that can be dismissed outright. IT IS NOT A CEILING FOR FALSE ACCUSATION. False accusation that seem credible enough to lead to a prosecution, trial and possibly even a conviction (see for example the Brian Banks case) are not counted as "unfounded" but are nevertheless false. The 2% number is just a myth anyway, the only source being radfem publications that keep quoting each other.

It is far more likely your unknown, unacknowledged daughter is telling the truth as she knows it. So much more likely that you really have no good reason to doubt her.
You need evidence to support an accusation, not evidence to doubt an accusation. You are turning the burden of proof ass-backwards!

As for demanding a rape victim preserve DNA evidence before showering off the residue of a rapist's attack, otherwise you won't believe him/her, that's not only unreasonable, it's cruel.
It is not unreasonable, much less cruel, to demand evidence before believing such as accusation. It is neither unreasonable nor cruel to expect that the accuser not destroy evidence before evidence from her person is collected.
It IS unreasonable, and cruel toward the accused, to demand that rape accusers much be believed without evidence and that it is up to the accused to prove his innocence.

That said, Robbers are the same. But I don’t recall Derec starting a thread mocking a person that claimed they were robbed. He hasn’t post about whether the doors or windows were unlocked. About how some people have lied about theft.
I have also not seen people demand that we should believe people that they were robbed even without evidence or that people who were caught lying about being robbed should not be prosecuted so that real robbery victims are not discouraged from coming forward.

[It is possible for an alleging victim to appear sufficiently credible that people believe their story. The credibility of the allegation is bolstered if it is consistent with the alleged perp’s known history and/ or character.
"Known history and/or character" can also be used by a false accuser to deliberately craft a verisimilitudinous, but nevertheless false, narrative.

Sure, Darren.
What? That’s not your name? But it’s what I prefer to call you! Isn’t that what counts????
Jean is her name though. It's not as if I made up a name like Karen or Lily and called her that, Tania.

Of course it isn’t. Given just how frequently you use the familiar names of women and black people who are not among your friends and acquaintances and do NOT treat white males with such false familiarity,
I do use first names for white men as well. And I do not see why you have such a stick up your ass over names. This is an informal forum, and thus a more informal approach to naming is ok. Hell, the President of the United States is routinely referred to by unflattering nicknames like "Twittler" on here, and you are not going off on those posters over that. Why? And if 'Twitler' etc. is acceptable for POTUS, why isn't "Jean" acceptable for some 3rd rate advice columnist and Bergdorff aficionado?

it is difficult to see your refusal to afford a stranger the basic respect of properly using their family name as is the custom in this society as anything other than an intentional sign of disrespect.
This is an informal forum, so using "Jean" is hardly disrespectful. It's no more disrespectful than "Donald" and a great deal more respectful than "Twitler" or "Fuckface von Clownstick"...

I don’t think that bothers you much but it might bother you to know that showing such disrespect makes any of your arguments or points seem petty and insignificant, if not outright wrong headed—and you, as well. It makes you sound as though your opinions are based on overly emotional and irrational fear and dislike rather than careful consideration.
Only to you. But you are not consistent, or else you would be going off on other posters using first names of public figures. Even those public figures who you don't like.

[It is possible for an alleging victim to appear sufficiently credible that people believe their story. The credibility of the allegation is bolstered if it is consistent with the alleged perp’s known history and/ or character.
"Known history and/or character" can also be used by a false accuser to deliberately craft a verisimilitudinous, but nevertheless false, narrative.
True, snd a rape apologist can also bring up every imaginable excuse to dismiss a rape allegation.

Jean is her name though. It's not as if I made up a name like Karen or Lily and called her that, Tania.

I do use first names for white men as well. And I do not see why you have such a stick up your ass over names. This is an informal forum, and thus a more informal approach to naming is ok. Hell, the President of the United States is routinely referred to by unflattering nicknames like "Twittler" on here, and you are not going off on those posters over that. Why? And if 'Twitler' etc. is acceptable for POTUS, why isn't "Jean" acceptable for some 3rd rate advice columnist and Bergdorff aficionado?

it is difficult to see your refusal to afford a stranger the basic respect of properly using their family name as is the custom in this society as anything other than an intentional sign of disrespect.
This is an informal forum, so using "Jean" is hardly disrespectful. It's no more disrespectful than "Donald" and a great deal more respectful than "Twitler" or "Fuckface von Clownstick"...

I don’t think that bothers you much but it might bother you to know that showing such disrespect makes any of your arguments or points seem petty and insignificant, if not outright wrong headed—and you, as well. It makes you sound as though your opinions are based on overly emotional and irrational fear and dislike rather than careful consideration.
Only to you. But you are not consistent, or else you would be going off on other posters using first names of public figures. Even those public figures who you don't like.

I differentiate between those in public office or who are most commonly referred to by some nick name and otherwise private citizens.

I am almost certain that prior to her coming forward with her book and the allegation against Trump that it contains, you had never heard of E. Jean Carroll.

If you commonly refer to white men you don’t care for by their first name, please link an example.

Your bias and disregard is hereby noted.

True, snd a rape apologist can also bring up every imaginable excuse to dismiss a rape allegation.
It's not rape apologia to demand evidence before believing an allegation.

It is when your default stance, even in the face of evidence, is to deny or excuse the alleged rapist.

Here, you are actually using Trump’s well known admissions of sexually assaulting women as evidence that Caroll’s accusation is false.

It's not rape apologia to demand evidence before believing an allegation.
No one said it was. It is arrogant to tell others how they must form their conclusions,
No one is telling you to believe this allegation.

Arctish said:

That is being pushed by radical feminists but is highly misleading. The ~10% unfounded rate is the claims that can be dismissed outright. IT IS NOT A CEILING FOR FALSE ACCUSATION. False accusation that seem credible enough to lead to a prosecution, trial and possibly even a conviction (see for example the Brian Banks case) are not counted as "unfounded" but are nevertheless false. The 2% number is just a myth anyway, the only source being radfem publications that keep quoting each other.

We've been over this before.

Unfounded claims are claims for which there is insufficient supporting evidence or no supporting evidence, either because the evidence has been obscured, lost, never existed, or was never collected.

For example, suppose a man said a woman pulled a knife on him and she says she didn't. No one else saw what happened, there was no record of events, and no knife was found. His claim is unfounded. That doesn't mean he's lying or mistaken or that a crime wasn't committed. It means there's no evidence other than his say-so which is disputed, therefore the evidence of a crime is insufficient to support the claim.

Also, it should be noted that not all false claims are deliberately, knowingly false. A victim might be genuinely mistaken about the identity of his/her attacker, or have only a hazy recollection of an incident due to alcohol or drug use, or having been slipped a roofie.

Anyway, the numbers I'm citing come from the FBI and published research on the rates of false reporting like this:

Drawing from the last published Uniform Crime Reporting data on "unfounded" reports in 1996, the FBI says the unfounded rate for "forcible rape," at 8 percent, is higher than the average for all other crimes measured, at 2 percent. However, the agency has since modified its guidelines to narrow this definition. Criminal justice professor Philip Rumney, writing in the Cambridge Law Journal in 2006, questions these numbers, which come from law enforcement agencies across the United States: "Among such a large number of agencies there is likely to be a significant variation in recording practice," he writes, citing the Philadelphia Police Department, which "dumped cases," labeling them "unfounded," in order to "reduce workload" for nearly two decades

<link.
>

Where are you getting your data?

You need evidence to support an accusation, not evidence to doubt an accusation. You are turning the burden of proof ass-backwards!

Are we talking about proof beyond a reasonable doubt at a criminal trial, or are we talking about a man believing his own daughter is reporting the truth as she knows it? Because if you think men should only believe their daughters if they can mount an effective prosecution complete with DNA evidence, eyewitness testimony, and a compelling argument for conviction, I think you're being ridiculous. But if you're just substituting one for the other in order to score a rhetorical point, I think you're being disingenuous.

It is not unreasonable, much less cruel, to demand evidence before believing such as accusation. It is neither unreasonable nor cruel to expect that the accuser not destroy evidence before evidence from her person is collected.

So, just to be clear: if your own kid said she'd been raped, you would demand that she preserve the evidence before you believed her. But you don't believe a woman who said she was raped and preserved the evidence, and you oppose her attempt to secure DNA in order to support her claims.

Sounds like you just prefer to disbelieve rape claims, period. .

It IS unreasonable, and cruel toward the accused, to demand that rape accusers much be believed without evidence and that it is up to the accused to prove his innocence.

We've been over this before, too.

No one is suggesting that all claims must be automatically believed to be 100% true, accurate, and complete or that trials are unnecessary. No one, that is, except for hysterical extremists who either don't understand or don't want others to understand that believing someone is telling you the truth as they know it is not the same as believing they couldn't possibly be mistaken in whole or in part, or that they couldn't possibly be one of those rare two-percenters who tell lies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom