• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Anti-semitic activity in the US on the rise

If I am wrong about you mean, then the problem then is your obfuscatory language. You appear to be saying American foreign policy justifies anti-semitism. You could clear this up by clearly stating whether you think anti-semitism is justified or not, and then explain what American foreign policy has to do with anti-semitism. If someone doesn't like American foreign policy, is it rational and justified for them to be anti-semitic? Does American foreign policy make you want to tell a random Jewish person that his kids should die in an oven?

Firstly, anti-semitism is not acceptable and I never said it was.

Secondly, you're skipping a step. Its the response to opposition of these policies that help stoke the fire. Maybe its not solely responsible for the rise of anti-semitism, but surely helped it grow.

This step doesn't add anything. The same question applies to that step. If someone doesn't like the response to opposition to American foreign policy, is it rational and justified for them to be anti-semitic?

And then to the question in the OP, how would that explain any rise in anti-semiticism.

I still don't understand what it is about the current social and political climate that is emboldening these alt-right assholes and their dupes into coming out from underneath their rocks.

Bigotry fuels bigotry, and all racial identity politics is racism that fuels all forms of bigotry. The racism and bigotry of the regressive left, such as the inherently racist presumptions underlying "white privilege" arguments, not only emboldens white-supremacists to be more open and vocal, but creates additional white supremacists out of whites who have been shit on by the same system that disproportionately shits on minorities but then are told by better-off minorities and other whites that they have no right to complain about unfairness against them as people and individuals because of the color of their skin.
Wow, I did not think people could be so irrational. But then again, such hatred is irrational at its core, so maybe your explanation holds some water. Although it is still hard to see how this would cause a rise in anti-semitism.

Although it is still hard to see how this would cause a rise in anti-semitism.

The best thing about anti-Semitism is that you don't really need a good reason behind it. If anyone challenges the foundations of your logic, you can just blame the inconsistencies on the Jews.

I'm heartened to hear there are those who attend to such data. But right now I'm focused on the rate at which blacks are detained, arrested, and imprisoned in the US. So I'm keeping my attention there. I've already already been alerted by the sociological canary (antisemitism) that should have indicated what's happening to blacks about 90 years ago. I'm not prepared to be diverted again.

Poland is getting it right! This is awesome!

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/director-polish-culture-institute-berlin-fired-jewish-content-771281

Poland's minister of culture has called for ending 'the culture of shame.'

Hili Perlson, December 5, 2016

The director of the polish culture institute in Berlin, Katarzyna Wielga-Skolimowska, was fired this past Tuesday from her position. According to the German left-leaning daily TAZ that broke the story, Poland’s right-wing PiS-led government called for her immediate departure due to her programming, which included “too much Jewish-themed content,” as Poland’s ambassador in Germany Andrzej Przyłębski had complained.

In a recent internal assessment of the institute carried out by the foreign ministry, her work received a negative evaluation due to the focus on Jewish themes, and insufficient engagement with social media, the Berliner Zeitung reports.

Earlier this year, Poland’s minister of culture, Piotr Gliński (PiS) called for an end to the “culture of shame” regarding WWII and the Holocaust, and Wielga-Skolimowska’s work has irked the government ever since.

Are you saying when someone tells someone that they should die in a gas chamber, it's because of their views on American foreign policy?

What I am saying is that when you tell people they can't boycott Israeli goods and that they're anti-semites for wanting to do so, that it feeds into the idea that "Jews control the world and want to stop you from speaking out!"

Someone has told people they can't boycott Israeli goods? I.e they have told them they are going to force them to buy Israeli goods? I'm sure the only reason I haven't heard about this is that this news is being suppressed by the Zionist-controlled media.

As for the OP, the rise of anti-antisemitism in the alt-right has nothing to do with opposing Israeli policy (which the alt-right is as ignorant of as Stern is), but is just good 'ol fashioned Christian-based white-supremacy.

I agree.

As for the OP, the rise of anti-antisemitism in the alt-right has nothing to do with opposing Israeli policy (which the alt-right is as ignorant of as Stern is), but is just good 'ol fashioned Christian-based white-supremacy.

I agree.

Islamic fanatics and attitudes among some Muslim fanatics also.

Almost anyone who was/is hostile to Hitlerism is hostile to Zionism, which are pretty much the same volkish, racist filth, if in different hats. Many Muslims don't know much about European politics and think in religious terms, so they accept the foul Nazi propaganda that Zionism IS Judaism, a proposition that their like in the US accept, if for different reasons. Trump's lies and cynicism have allowed all the hidden evil in the American psyche to re-emerge, foaming at the mouth, and the Nazis are heaving sighs of relief and getting back to hating Jews as well as pretty well everyone else,

Bigotry fuels bigotry, and all racial identity politics is racism that fuels all forms of bigotry. The racism and bigotry of the regressive left, such as the inherently racist presumptions underlying "white privilege" arguments, not only emboldens white-supremacists to be more open and vocal, but creates additional white supremacists out of whites who have been shit on by the same system that disproportionately shits on minorities but then are told by better-off minorities and other whites that they have no right to complain about unfairness against them as people and individuals because of the color of their skin.
Wow, I did not think people could be so irrational. But then again, such hatred is irrational at its core, so maybe your explanation holds some water. Although it is still hard to see how this would cause a rise in anti-semitism.

It is an irrational response to bigotry, but no moreso than the irrational racist arguments of "white privilege" and other irrational responses by segments of the left.
As for contributing to anti-antisemitism, when you reinforce racial and ethnic identities as these leftist ideologies typically do, and combine that with a general human tendency for scapegoating and in-group bias, then you get people being more likely to use their race that the left constantly reminds them about and attacks them for, as central to their self-identity and thus more likely to scapegoat other races and ethnicities for various problems.

It is an irrational response to bigotry, but no moreso than the irrational racist arguments of "white privilege" and other irrational responses by segments of the left.
As for contributing to anti-antisemitism, when you reinforce racial and ethnic identities as these leftist ideologies typically do, and combine that with a general human tendency for scapegoating and in-group bias, then you get people being more likely to use their race that the left constantly reminds them about and attacks them for, as central to their self-identity and thus more likely to scapegoat other races and ethnicities for various problems.
Asd you know, every kind of racism is, in every country, an exclusively right-wing phenomenon, because it divides people and encourages hate.

So is excessively harping (not just correctly identifying in small targeted doses) about white privilege a right wing activity?

Asd you know, every kind of racism is, in every country, an exclusively right-wing phenomenon, because it divides people and encourages hate.

Utter nonsense. Unless you tautologically define racism a priori as inherently right-wing, which then leads to silly deduction that most of the modern left is strongly right-wing.

True liberalism isn't racist, but most modern leftism is not actually liberalism and has no regard for the value, liberty, and treatment of individuals, only of groups and group-level equality. Leftist policies and rhetoric typically seek to rectify group-level "average" inequalities by presuming all racial group members are prototypical of their racial group averages (as most leftist ideology and policy does), which is inherently racist, reinforces racial identity and thus racism of all forms, and morally validates bigotries in general.

If I am wrong about you mean, then the problem then is your obfuscatory language. You appear to be saying American foreign policy justifies anti-semitism. You could clear this up by clearly stating whether you think anti-semitism is justified or not, and then explain what American foreign policy has to do with anti-semitism. If someone doesn't like American foreign policy, is it rational and justified for them to be anti-semitic? Does American foreign policy make you want to tell a random Jewish person that his kids should die in an oven?

Secondly, you're skipping a step. Its the response to opposition of these policies that help stoke the fire. Maybe its not solely responsible for the rise of anti-semitism, but surely helped it grow.

No, anti semitism is not a result of any US foreign policy. Anti semitism predates WW II, and the state of Israel. It's seeing a resurgence and more openly displayed because (some) brands of 'Christians' /(some) whites feel under attack as white Anglo Saxon Protestants are no longer in complete control. That makes a lotta tiny white balls shrink and recede and quiver in terror. And before I hear that Jews are white: not to Nazis, they aren't.

Jews in the US are typically seen as part of the white race (except to Nazis). I find it hard to believe that the notion of "white privilege" is somehow fanning the existing flames of antisemitism and emboldening these people to come out in the open.

Privilege is a real thing. It could be applied invalidly, but the concept is not racist in itself.

No, anti semitism is not a result of any US foreign policy. Anti semitism predates WW II, and the state of Israel. It's seeing a resurgence and more openly displayed because (some) brands of 'Christians' /(some) whites feel under attack as white Anglo Saxon Protestants are no longer in complete control. That makes a lotta tiny white balls shrink and recede and quiver in terror. And before I hear that Jews are white: not to Nazis, they aren't.

To be honest, I was mostly just theorizing(guessing) because these things are interesting to think about. Maybe I am wrong, but there is a certain kind of sense in linking the backlash against "PC culture" with anti-semitism's resurgence.

Read the comments and you get a different flavor.

The best comment chain is this one:

AR-Viking asks
Question of the century: How can a group be Pro-White European without labeled racist?

Cyclone Ben says in another place
man that was hot as a 1488 degrees oven

AR-Viking
LOL Savage!

Ok, maybe AR-Viking is a bit too Alt-Right...

Back
Top Bottom