• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Are You Ready For The First Presidential Debate?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQzIu-nowg[/youtube]

Who'd have thunk? Trump now doesn't know who the Proud Boys are, never met them.

As usual. A liar or being completely incompetent for the job. Take your choice, multiple choices accepted.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQzIu-nowg[/youtube]

Who'd have thunk? Trump now doesn't know who the Proud Boys are, never met them.

As usual. A liar or being completely incompetent for the job. Take your choice, multiple choices accepted.

There are photos of Gavin McGinnis with Trump. GM and Roger Stone are big buddies.

Well, neither of them did all that well, but neither of them did worse than expected. They both did just well enough to convince their own base that they won the debate and no better.

Neither of them gained much ground, but neither of them really lost much ground.

For a really frank and truthful debate I'd like to see Fox's Laura Ingram and MSNBC's Rachel Maddow have a debate. No holds barred. Not sure who would moderate it though. But as for insightful discussion of the issues I think they'd both bring the best candid, comprehensive perspective on their side's views.

To be fair, when Wallace asked him to condem White supremacists, Trump asked him who specifically, probably because he couldn’t name any groups, and it was Biden who mentioned “Proud Boys”. I think Trump would have said the same thing no matter what group they asked him to condemn, he puts so little thought into it.

It's fucking depressing, but Joe Rogan is probably the closet thing for a competent moderator, and he'd be the first to tell you how unqualified he is. Personally though, I think making concessions to Trump simply because he is a bombastic cunt is a very bad idea.

I remember posting here how much right wingers in Australia emulate US conservatives so here is a op-ed from a well known piece of garbage named Andrew Bolt.

“Biden also passed the very low bar set by his opponents. Many thought he'd have another senior moment and lose his train of thought. He didn’t,” according to Mr Bolt.

“Biden, for all his insults, managed a rare trick: of acting the thug but looking weak. He looked older, thinner, and more frail than Trump.

“He just seemed like a geriatric down the street threatening to punch you in your head. You may admire the old timer for his spirit, but you mark him down for forgetting himself.

“So of the two men – if I had to say which had the energy and force of a leader - it wasn't Biden.”

Nothing happens in a vacuum. Right wing cunts in Australia are going to be emboldened and be even more cuntish as a result of this debate. And just to be clear, Trump is not responsible for conservatives on the other side of the planet behaving like fuckwits - the fuckwits are the ones responsible. But I also remember a time when the global sentiment was that trying to emulate the US President was considered a positive thing.

This isn't disturbing at all:

[tweet]1311131311965306885[/tweet]
Army for Trump. Army for Trump.
Both sides are just as bad my fucking arse.

Wow, that would be shocking. Could this be a parody? I'm suspicious that even Trump could be so bold.

Nope.

I'm starting to wonder if Harry Turtledove's Southern Victory series should be mandatory reading for US schools to highlight the dangers of someone like Jake Featherston.

Luckily, such a travesty will only be allowed in the shittiest states, which were going to vote for him anyway.

Belligerent Trump debate performance stokes fears among Republicans about November - The Washington Post
The aftermath of the first presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden triggered a reckoning among Republicans on Wednesday about the incumbent’s incendiary remarks on white supremacy and his baseless claims of electoral fraud, with GOP officials privately expressing alarm about the fallout with key voters as the president’s allies argued that he electrified his core supporters.

“There was fault on both sides,” Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who is facing a tough reelection contest, told reporters on Wednesday. “The interrupting on both sides, the name-calling was very unbecoming for a presidential debate.”

Asked if it was a mistake for Trump not to condemn the Proud Boys and white supremacists, Collins said, “Absolutely.”

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), the lone Black Republican in the Senate, said he believed Trump “misspoke” and “should correct it.”

“If he doesn’t correct it, I guess he didn’t misspeak,” Scott said.

The president told reporters Wednesday afternoon that he is unfamiliar with the Proud Boys group — which has white supremacist ties and sometimes employs nationalist rhetoric — despite seeming familiar with them on Tuesday night.

“I don’t know who the Proud Boys are,” Trump told reporters. “I mean, you’ll have to give me a definition, because I really don’t know who they are. I can only say they have to stand down. Let law enforcement do their work.”
What a turnaround. :p

So typical of Trump. Anyone he wants to disavow is someone he claims he didn't know.

Belligerent Trump debate performance stokes fears among Republicans about November - The Washington Post
The aftermath of the first presidential debate between President Trump and Democratic nominee Joe Biden triggered a reckoning among Republicans on Wednesday about the incumbent’s incendiary remarks on white supremacy and his baseless claims of electoral fraud, with GOP officials privately expressing alarm about the fallout with key voters as the president’s allies argued that he electrified his core supporters.

“There was fault on both sides,” Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who is facing a tough reelection contest, told reporters on Wednesday. “The interrupting on both sides, the name-calling was very unbecoming for a presidential debate.”

Asked if it was a mistake for Trump not to condemn the Proud Boys and white supremacists, Collins said, “Absolutely.”

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), the lone Black Republican in the Senate, said he believed Trump “misspoke” and “should correct it.”

The president told reporters Wednesday afternoon that he is unfamiliar with the Proud Boys group — which has white supremacist ties and sometimes employs nationalist rhetoric — despite seeming familiar with them on Tuesday night.

“I don’t know who the Proud Boys are,” Trump told reporters. “I mean, you’ll have to give me a definition, because I really don’t know who they are. I can only say they have to stand down. Let law enforcement do their work.”

So typical of Trump. Anyone he wants to disavow is someone he claims he didn't know.
Oh, of course, I am always writing messages to people I don't know telling them what to do. Just the other day I wrote a letter to the Exodus International telling them to "Don we now our gay apparel." I just assumed they were a club dedicated to international travel. How can I possibly be expected to know who I'm writing messages to?;)

Of course it does. They have no idea how many times lightning can strike the same place twice. Remember when Howard screamed into a unidirectional microphone on the downside of having the flu? The Republicans just continue giving him cover, but they see this avalanche coming towards them and they just have no idea if Trump can hold it off.

The shithead in the white house doesn't know who or what antifa is either, but that doesn't slow down his bloviating. So it makes it hard for anyone to buy that lame excuse.

The very next day after Trump's "stand by" alert to the Proud Boys, one of their proudest gets arrested for violent behavior during August disturbances. Trump is now lowering the alert level to "stand down".

Far-right protester Alan Swinney arrested in Portland

Trump says Proud Boys should 'stand down' after backlash to debate comments

To be clear, lots of problems with Trump and the "Machismo Supremacist" and cop aligned Proud Boys.

Trump was saying that the Proud Boys are not engaged in attacks (not true - their trolling paint ball shots from their trucks rose the tension On the day the unhinged Antifa guy shot the Patriot Payer guy dead).

He was saying that they stand back and stand by while only Antifa does violence and vandalism. That was the assertion that was the lie.

You can think Trump and the PBs are trash, but come on...

To be fair, when Wallace asked him to condem White supremacists, Trump asked him who specifically, probably because he couldn’t name any groups, and it was Biden who mentioned “Proud Boys”. I think Trump would have said the same thing no matter what group they asked him to condemn, he puts so little thought into it.

That he had to have a group specifically mentioned is part of the denial.

The very next day after Trump's "stand by" alert to the Proud Boys, one of their proudest gets arrested for violent behavior during August disturbances. Trump is now lowering the alert level to "stand down".

To be clear, lots of problems with Trump and the "Machismo Supremacist" and cop aligned Proud Boys.

Trump was saying that the Proud Boys are not engaged in attacks (not true - their trolling paint ball shots from their trucks rose the tension On the day the unhinged Antifa guy shot the Patriot Payer guy dead).

He was saying that they stand back and stand by while only Antifa does violence and vandalism. That was the assertion that was the lie.

That's not what he said, nor was that the context of his words. Why do you think you can get away with lying about something we all saw on live television just two nights ago?

That's not what he said, nor was that the context of his words. Why do you think you can get away with lying about something we all saw on live television just two nights ago?
Yesterday Trump denied knowing who they were, so repoman's assertion falls into a void.

Yesterday Trump denied knowing who they were, so repoman's assertion falls into a void.

An explanation that makes no sense anyway, since the question the president was asked about white supremacist groups; even if he had (preposterously) never heard of the Proud Boys (in which case he's doing a shit job as President and clearly doesn't read the news or listen to any of his advisors) then if nothing else he knew they were a white supremacist group, because they were provided to him as an example of a white supremacist group. So pretending not to know them personally does not get him off the charge of endorsing white supremacist terrrorism.

Back
Top Bottom