• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

At least 8 dead in Mass Shooting du Jour

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
We definitely need more good guys with guns. Mostly, just more guns. Guns keep us safe. More guns, please.
Do you have your guns with you?

Shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis leaves 8 dead.

The police said a gunman fatally shot eight people and injured several others at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis late Thursday before killing himself.CreditCredit...The Indianapolis Star, via Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS — The authorities were searching for a motive on Friday after a gunman stormed a FedEx facility in Indianapolis late Thursday, fatally shooting eight people and injuring at least seven others in a fast-moving, chaotic scene that emerged as the latest mass shooting to rock the nation in a matter of weeks.

The police did not identify victims or the gunman at a news conference Friday morning, and said they were still working to contact family members. The authorities said the gunman was believed to have been armed with a rifle and killed himself almost immediately after the shooting. “He just appeared to randomly start shooting,” Deputy Chief Craig McCartt said.

Some folks might care now that their fire arm delivery is affected.

A local business still has the flag at half mast, in memory of the victims of the last batch of mass murder. At this rate, Old Glory will be adroop indefinitely. (Knowing the owner, though, if Trump drops dead with the remains a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese Combo strewn around him, she'd find a way to put an extension on the flagpole and fly it at one-and-a-half mast.)

At least one “good guy with a gun” got killed for his efforts.
Too bad he had to go up against an AR.
Everyone needs to carry an AR all the time. That way we will all be safe.

A local business still has the flag at half mast, in memory of the victims of the last batch of mass murder. At this rate, Old Glory will be adroop indefinitely. (Knowing the owner, though, if Trump drops dead with the remains a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese Combo strewn around him, she'd find a way to put an extension on the flagpole and fly it at one-and-a-half mast.)

Mmmmm my penis flagpole can only get so erect.

We definitely need more good guys with guns. Mostly, just more guns. Guns keep us safe. More guns, please.

Well the NRA says the solution is more guns. We clearly don't have enough. Sure, there's about 50 million or so more guns in America than there are Americans, but it looks like we need more. It is estimated that 40% of Americans have a gun in their household, and that America accounts for 40% of the world's private firearms despite being only 4% of the world's population, but clearly the answer is more guns.

And sure, there are some accidents, but to paraphrase Wayne LaPierre, "you can have my gun when you pry it from my curious toddler's cold, dead hands."

A big problem is also the left wing liberal media that supports the gun-grabbers in Congress. When's the last time you saw the MSM report on the stalwart gun owner who filled the school shooter with lead before he got past the lobby? Or the armed citizen who sprang into action and was able to take down the heavily armed shooter at that church or synagogue with a single well-placed shot from his sidearm? You never see these things, despite the fact that I'm sure it happens almost every day in America. It has been estimated that a really, really whole lot of mass shooters are stopped by a good guy with a gun, but it never gets covered in the liberal media! Or on Fox News or talk radio...but they've clearly been co-opted by the Deep State.

Then there are the countless numbers of potential mass shooters who post their manifesto online, only to come back a couple hours later, admit they stopped when they realized there might be an Armed American in the vicinity, and then immediately turned themselves in to their local law enforcement...who didn't shoot them because they're white.

Yes, this latest shooting was unfortunate, but don't think of it as a bloodied, horrifying scene! Think of it as the price of freedom...and a reminder to get out there and buy even more guns. Only 290 million to go before we've got enough for every man, woman, and child in the country to have two!

Well the NRA says the solution is more guns. We clearly don't have enough. Sure, there's about 50 million or so more guns in America than there are Americans, but it looks like we need more. It is estimated that 40% of Americans have a gun in their household, and that America accounts for 40% of the world's private firearms despite being only 4% of the world's population, but clearly the answer is more guns.

I’m not sure about that. Sure, 40% have guns but that means 60% don’t. More important, most of the guns that people do have are not AR-15s and don’t have bump stocks. Most important, they often leave them home.
If everyone would just get an AR-15 with a bump stock and a few high capacity mags, and carry them on their person at all times, we would be 100% safe.

Interesting how you always start threads about shootings by white people and never about shootings by so-called BIPOCs.

No thread on the Kenosha, WI shooting.
Man arrested in connection with Wisconsin shooting that killed 3 people, wounded 3 others, authorities say

Or the Austin shooting.
Austin shooting: Former detective arrested, charged in triple murder after manhunt

Or the Omaha shooting.
Westroads Mall shooting: No bond for 16-year-old suspect; $75K bond set for older brother

I wonder why ...

Interesting how you always start threads about shootings by white people and never about shootings by so-called BIPOCs.

Man arrested in connection with Wisconsin shooting that killed 3 people, wounded 3 others, authorities say

Or the Austin shooting.
Austin shooting: Former detective arrested, charged in triple murder after manhunt

Or the Omaha shooting.
Westroads Mall shooting: No bond for 16-year-old suspect; $75K bond set for older brother

I wonder why ...
strange, the article on the OP "The police did not identify victims or the gunman"

I’m not sure about that. Sure, 40% have guns but that means 60% don’t. More important, most of the guns that people do have are not AR-15s and don’t have bump stocks. Most important, they often leave them home.
If everyone would just get an AR-15 with a bump stock and a few high capacity mags, and carry them on their person at all times, we would be 100% safe.

I am honestly surprised that the Fuckface/Hannity Party didn't push for a free AR-15 for every American instead of $600. Wouldn't that have given them a landslide victory?

Or the Austin shooting.

Or the Omaha shooting.

I wonder why ...

in your links the first was a gunfight broke out at a bar. the 2nd looks to be a family dispute. the third was a gang fight.

the OP is about MASS SHOOTINGs. i think that's the difference.

Or the Austin shooting.

Or the Omaha shooting.

I wonder why ...

in your links the first was a gunfight broke out at a bar. the 2nd looks to be a family dispute. the third was a gang fight.

Shootings with more than 4 victims are classified as 'mass shootings' even when it is a family dispute. Earlier this year, in Indy, a young (black) man killed most of his family over what I believe was a custody dispute--a mass shooting because of the number of victims.

That was a mass shooting but for most of us, when we think of a mass shooting, we tend to think of a someone killing a bunch of strangers or coworkers or classmates, not family members and not usually a gang war shooting.

Edited to add actual definition I looked up on Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting

A mass shooting is an incident involving multiple victims of gun violence. There is no widely accepted definition of the term mass shooting. The United States' FBI follows the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012 definition for active shooter incidents and mass killings (defined by the law as three or more people) in public places. Based on this, it is generally agreed that a mass shooting is whenever three or more people are shot (injured or killed), not including the shooters.[1]

Different media outlets and research groups use different definitions for the term "mass shooting" For example, crime violence research group Gun Violence Archive defines a "mass shooting" as "four or more shot (injured or killed) in a single incident, at the same general time and location, not including the shooter," differentiating between mass shooting and mass murder.[2]

The United States' Congressional Research Service acknowledges that there is not a broadly accepted definition and defines a "public mass shooting"[3] as an event where someone selects four or more people and shoots them with firearms in an indiscriminate manner, echoing the FBI's definition of the term "mass murder", but adding the indiscriminate factor.[4]

Or the Austin shooting.

Or the Omaha shooting.

I wonder why ...

Well, for one thing, there have been so many shootings (I believe there have been 50! since the March 16 Atlanta salon shootings) that the entire forum could easily be devoted to nothing but discussing these shootings. Those all happened pretty recently (and how nauseating is it to acknowledge how many shootings in the past few days????) and have not had the same level of attention. The Omaha shooting I had not even heard about yet--yesterday? And it is not classified as a mass shooting with only two victims (!!).
OTOH, we all know why you made sure we saw these incidents where the shooter(s) were black.....

Edited to add a link to a CNN piece listing 50 mass shootings (4 or more victims) since March 16. Note, not all had fatalities:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/18/us/mass-shootings-since-march-16/index.html

Or the Austin shooting.

Or the Omaha shooting.

I wonder why ...
strange, the article on the OP "The police did not identify victims or the gunman"
Yeah, funny how Derec combed the net for black murderers in response to a thread about a mass shooting with nothing on the ID of the shooter.

Wait, that isn't funny. It is just typical. All Derec sees is race. 8 people dead in a mass shooting, and he complains the shooter isn't black enough.

Or the Austin shooting.

Or the Omaha shooting.

I wonder why ...

What ? Only 3 dead, max? No AR15s?
Your whataboutisms need work. Like your predictions.

It now comes out the shooter browsed white supremacist web sites. Four of those he killed were sikhs, dark skinned Indians. Coincidence?

It now comes out the shooter browsed white supremacist web sites. Four of those he killed were sikhs, dark skinned Indians. Coincidence?

Fuck. I had read that the kid had been suicidal and had had guns taken away from him by police previously. I had hoped that this was just a horrible horrible horrible case of Loren's famous suicide by cop where the suicidal person decided to take as many people with him as possible which would have been horrible enough if there were no implications of racism involved.

Fuck. I had read that the kid had been suicidal and had had guns taken away from him by police previously. I had hoped that this was just a horrible horrible horrible case of Loren's famous suicide by cop where the suicidal person decided to take as many people with him as possible which would have been horrible enough if there were no implications of racism involved.

Those aren't mutually exclusive. I associate white supremacy with insecurity.
Tom

Shootings with more than 4 victims are classified as 'mass shootings' even when it is a family dispute. Earlier this year, in Indy, a young (black) man killed most of his family over what I believe was a custody dispute--a mass shooting because of the number of victims.

That was a mass shooting but for most of us, when we think of a mass shooting, we tend to think of a someone killing a bunch of strangers or coworkers or classmates, not family members and not usually a gang war shooting.

Edited to add actual definition I looked up on Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting

A mass shooting is an incident involving multiple victims of gun violence. There is no widely accepted definition of the term mass shooting. The United States' FBI follows the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012 definition for active shooter incidents and mass killings (defined by the law as three or more people) in public places. Based on this, it is generally agreed that a mass shooting is whenever three or more people are shot (injured or killed), not including the shooters.[1]

Different media outlets and research groups use different definitions for the term "mass shooting" For example, crime violence research group Gun Violence Archive defines a "mass shooting" as "four or more shot (injured or killed) in a single incident, at the same general time and location, not including the shooter," differentiating between mass shooting and mass murder.[2]

The United States' Congressional Research Service acknowledges that there is not a broadly accepted definition and defines a "public mass shooting"[3] as an event where someone selects four or more people and shoots them with firearms in an indiscriminate manner, echoing the FBI's definition of the term "mass murder", but adding the indiscriminate factor.[4]

good point. i know that's normally how i personally think of it. domestic violence within a family or a fight breaking out in a bar or a gangland battle resonate far differently than someone shooting strangers in a public place.

I see what you mean, but they all have the same thing in common, which is none of the victims wanted to get killed.

Back
Top Bottom