• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

At what margin of electoral defeat will Trump be forced to admit defeat?

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
I just appended that wth the answer to the question: Cheato’s cowardice.

That is a (or the) factor that may lead to a peaceful transfer of power.
So tell me again what I was “wrong” about.

So, at the time you started the thread, what you really should have said was:

"The transfer of power will be peaceful because Trump is a coward".

Oh fuck off with "what you should have said."
YOU should have said "Gee, it looks like you were right that Trump will never concede", instead of your mealy mouthed "agreement" about the obvious bluster and excuses that are Trump's stock in trade on his best day.
You should not have lifted the "I wonder if" from the bold part of your quotemine, if you had one shred of honesty.
But it's flattering that you'd spend the time to fabricate some falsehood out of whole cloth and try to stuff it in my mouth.

Happy Indigenous People's Day of Grief.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
https://www.news.com.au/world/north...n/news-story/c3ce259ddd8d6cad5ec75cfd8d3cd160

Perhaps the transfer is going to be more peaceful than Elixir thought? Aren't you glad you were wrong, Elixir?

My assertion was that he would not concede (see thread title). Has he made it clear enough to you yet that he is NEVER going to concede?
I never said there would be no (relatively) peaceful transfer of power. In fact I was counting Cheato's cowardice to ensure it. He has shown a good amount of that, wouldn't you agree? :D
Technical question. Exactly what would or would not be a peaceful transfer of power?

Good question!

Trump is junking a treaty—and two planes—designed to stop nuclear war

I'm pretty sure that any violence visited upon the US by Trump (beyond trashing our National Security apparatus, destroying hundreds of millions of dollars worth of equipment and killing a couple hundred thousand Americans with his criminal neglect and dereliction of duty) will be carried out by someone else. He might enable some other country, much as any other mob boss would hire a hit man. Maybe that's why he want to exit the open skies treaty.

Israel's military is prepping for Trump to bomb Iran on the way out. Would "I had it, you got it, oh, yeah, we're at war' be "peaceful?"
Mnuchin is hiding Stimulus money where Biden's people cannot use it without Congress' say so. The money Congress already said do.
Does sabotaging the new tenants count as peaceful?

I'd posit that Trump has already wrought unprecedented violence upon us.

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Technical question. Exactly what would or would not be a peaceful transfer of power?

Good question!

I'm pretty sure that any violence visited upon the US by Trump (beyond trashing our National Security apparatus, destroying hundreds of millions of dollars worth of equipment and killing a couple hundred thousand Americans with his criminal neglect and dereliction of duty) will be carried out by someone else. He might enable some other country, much as any other mob boss would hire a hit man. Maybe that's why he want to exit the open skies treaty.

Israel's military is prepping for Trump to bomb Iran on the way out. Would "I had it, you got it, oh, yeah, we're at war' be "peaceful?"
Mnuchin is hiding Stimulus money where Biden's people cannot use it without Congress' say so. The money Congress already said do.

Just because they're doing it in a cowardly, passive-aggressive way doesn't make it peaceful. But trump fans have trouble with word meanings sometimes.

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
I thought that was to monitor troop build ups, staging areas, pre-invasion massing on the border. No way two planes will detect missiles in silos ir on trains from being spun up and targeted. Or detect what their targets are...
Our capability to beat the living gumi bears out of aggressors with OUR nukes is what's supposed to stop nuclear war. And the satellites and radar that'll detect the launch and the incoming in time to release the gumi bears...

Swammerdami

Squadron Leader
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
pseudo-deism
Some miscellaneous remarks and corrections:

* Israel's military is prepping for Trump to bomb Iran on the way out. Would "I had it, you got it, oh, yeah, we're at war' be "peaceful?"

* Mnuchin is hiding Stimulus money where Biden's people cannot use it without Congress' say so. The money Congress already said do.

I've taken the liberty of reddening two sad developments. I'd like to hear comments from the Biden detractors in this thread on these matters, supposing the claims to be true. Thanks in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just because they're doing it in a cowardly, passive-aggressive way doesn't make it peaceful. But trump fans have trouble with word meanings sometimes.

This comment may be insulting to professional linguists, who also often have trouble with the diachronics of word meaning. (For example, Is it obvious that "suppose" used to mean "pretend"?)

The problem with trump fans isn't their raw linguistic ability, but rather their inability to associate semantic meaning with real-world issues, or to perform objective valuations. As an experiment to explore this claim, I've asked the anti-Democrat contingent to comment on the two red-painted claims above.

I thought that was to monitor troop build ups, staging areas, pre-invasion massing on the border. No way two planes will detect missiles in silos ir on trains from being spun up and targeted. Or detect what their targets are...
Our capability to beat the living gumi bears out of aggressors with OUR nukes is what's supposed to stop nuclear war. And the satellites and radar that'll detect the launch and the incoming in time to release the gumi bears...

I don't see a wise-cracking emoticon here, so I will suppose that you are serious.

Russia has huge conventional military power and — unlike another top superpower — has leadership which, however evil, is capable of rational thought. Putin is not eager to see millions of Russians killed by American nukes.

Therefore the first steps toward a non-accidental nuclear war will be steps toward conventional war.

Perhaps an analogy will help: The first step toward remediating the risk of Covid-19 is not to rent a ventilator; it's to wear a mask and to avoid close contact with maskless people.

Okay, I'll bite. It's because you are wrong.

The Democrats didn't, "controlled both Congress and the senate for a considerable, ample amount of time", the Tea Party saw to that. Only a lying piece of shit would assert that. John Boehner was the original dishonest "Orange Man", That you are ignorant of who he was says a lot.

But you don't want to be educated, do you? You don't give a fuck about bad faith arguments if it lets you "win". Some people might call this a cuntish attitude.

They did for a considerable time control both houses during Obongo's 8 year term, for Kriste sake!

Wiki. " Democrats controlled the 111th Congress (2009–2011) with majorities in both houses of Congress alongside the country's first African-American president, Democrat Barack Obama."

I have personally addressed this ignorance previously, but will try again. @ Angelo - Write a brief essay (25 words or less) clarifying that you understand the difference between "majority" and "60-Senator super-majority." You may wish to amend your remark after you have completed this assignment. Wiki is not always the best source!

(On a more general note, it has recently come to my attention that some other Wiki articles are also severely flawed. But I will hijack a different thread to expound on this.)

Metaphor

Sjajna Zvijezda
I just appended that wth the answer to the question: Cheato’s cowardice.

That is a (or the) factor that may lead to a peaceful transfer of power.
So tell me again what I was “wrong” about.

So, at the time you started the thread, what you really should have said was:

"The transfer of power will be peaceful because Trump is a coward".

YOU should have said "Gee, it looks like you were right that Trump will never concede", instead of your mealy mouthed "agreement" about the obvious bluster and excuses that are Trump's stock in trade on his best day.
You should not have lifted the "I wonder if" from the bold part of your quotemine, if you had one shred of honesty.
But it's flattering that you'd spend the time to fabricate some falsehood out of whole cloth and try to stuff it in my mouth.

Like any religionist, you appear to believe muttering the right words absolves you from sin.

Here's a hint, Elixir. If you think you are unfairly living on stolen land, leave the land or pay the rent. Your virtue-signalling platitudes don't help anyone.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated

Like any religionist, you appear to believe muttering the right words absolves you from sin.

FYI I have been irreligious my entire life.
Also news to you, telling the truth does "absolve" a person from the kind of mendacity in which you ritually indulge.
Again, it is flattering to know that of all the posters who have called out your dishonesty, you choose me as the one in whom to invest your scurrilous effort.
So sweet, Shiela!
care.JPG

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated

I've taken the liberty of reddening two sad developments. I'd like to hear comments from the Biden detractors in this thread on these matters, supposing the claims to be true. Thanks in advance.

This comment may be insulting to professional linguists, who also often have trouble with the diachronics of word meaning. (For example, Is it obvious that "suppose" used to mean "pretend"?)

The problem with trump fans isn't their raw linguistic ability, but rather their inability to associate semantic meaning with real-world issues, or to perform objective valuations. As an experiment to explore this claim, I've asked the anti-Democrat contingent to comment on the two red-painted claims above.

I don't see a wise-cracking emoticon here, so I will suppose that you are serious.

Russia has huge conventional military power and — unlike another top superpower — has leadership which, however evil, is capable of rational thought. Putin is not eager to see millions of Russians killed by American nukes.

Therefore the first steps toward a non-accidental nuclear war will be steps toward conventional war.

Perhaps an analogy will help: The first step toward remediating the risk of Covid-19 is not to rent a ventilator; it's to wear a mask and to avoid close contact with maskless people.

The Democrats didn't, "controlled both Congress and the senate for a considerable, ample amount of time", the Tea Party saw to that. Only a lying piece of shit would assert that. John Boehner was the original dishonest "Orange Man", That you are ignorant of who he was says a lot.

But you don't want to be educated, do you? You don't give a fuck about bad faith arguments if it lets you "win". Some people might call this a cuntish attitude.

They did for a considerable time control both houses during Obongo's 8 year term, for Kriste sake!

Wiki. " Democrats controlled the 111th Congress (2009–2011) with majorities in both houses of Congress alongside the country's first African-American president, Democrat Barack Obama."

I have personally addressed this ignorance previously, but will try again. @ Angelo - Write a brief essay (25 words or less) clarifying that you understand the difference between "majority" and "60-Senator super-majority." You may wish to amend your remark after you have completed this assignment. Wiki is not always the best source!

(On a more general note, it has recently come to my attention that some other Wiki articles are also severely flawed. But I will hijack a different thread to expound on this.)

In case you didn't know... Angelo fled the coop after having been exposed one too many times. I suppose that goes to his credit, placing him above the "other" aussie alt-white wackjob...

T.G.G. Moogly

Traditional Atheist
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian
The OrangeAss is never going to concede. That would be the equivalent of shaking a person's hand after they kicked your ass in a fair fight. Such things never occur to narcissists like Little Donny. He just wants to take his bat and ball and go home crying Wah, Wah, Wah! I'd call him a bratty child but that would be insulting bratty children.

blastula

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Gnostic atheist
https://www.news.com.au/world/north...n/news-story/c3ce259ddd8d6cad5ec75cfd8d3cd160

Perhaps the transfer is going to be more peaceful than Elixir thought? Aren't you glad you were wrong, Elixir?

Why would anything in those comments make him wrong? Trump hasn't conceded. And any promise Trump makes for future action is worthless. Oh and of course he has already backtracked on this promise. Duh.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1332352538855747584?s=20[/TWEET]

jab

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
non-militant atheist
I agreed with you that Trump would be full of bluster and excuses. What I challenged was your statement about a 'peaceful' transfer of power.

Now I admit it isn't January yet. Trump might yet barricade himself in the Oval Office. But I reckon he'll just leave....peacefully.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Elixir So I'm wondering if anyone here thinks there is any possibility of a peaceful transfer of power in January, and if so, what factors would lead to that outcome.

He'll leave squalling whining and kvetching.

jab

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
non-militant atheist

Also, to a racist, I guess 2 years is an eternity.

Metaphor

Sjajna Zvijezda

Why would anything in those comments make him wrong? Trump hasn't conceded. And any promise Trump makes for future action is worthless. Oh and of course he has already backtracked on this promise. Duh.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1332352538855747584?s=20[/TWEET]

I quoted multiple times what I found wrong in Elixir's post: he said he did not believe that there would be a "peaceful" transfer of power.

At the time he said this, I thought it was ridiculous fearmongering. He conceded above that although the transfer would be peaceful, it was because Trump is a coward. But now we have people redefining what 'peaceful' means and we have you making claims I said Trump would concede easily which I did not say and do not believe.

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
sometimes i do both at the same time.

I don't think so. Such steps will alert the US, which will take steps like increasing the DEFCON, generating more boats at 2SQ, load bombs onto the planes (and sober up the pilots), turn off the muzak in the blockhouse, more frequent briefs for the Pres.
War plans selected, with the pros and cons, possibilities briefed. The Pres will start discussing options with his staff, someone will mention nukes, and he has time to make decisions like, "if they go THIS far, cross THAT line, violate thet-there treaty, we launch."

If they already intend to go nuclear, they want as much surprise as possible, as few weapons/units in a ready state to respond. The more they can catch in silos, on runways, in port, the betterest.
Plus, the Pres will very likely not be in the War Room, not in a resolute frame of mind, not fully prepared to issue the "nuke 'em til they glow' codes.
And after the nukes fall, conventional forces will be doing more of a mop-up.

But that's if they go nuclear. All of our nuke plans are based on them going nuclear, or being very clearly just about to. They could still just go for conventional, knowing we'd hesitate to cross that line.

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
sometimes i do both at the same time.

I don't think so. Such steps will alert the US, which will take steps like increasing the DEFCON, generating more boats at 2SQ, load bombs onto the planes (and sober up the pilots), turn off the muzak in the blockhouse, more frequent briefs for the Pres.
War plans selected, with the pros and cons, possibilities briefed. The Pres will start discussing options with his staff, someone will mention nukes, and he has time to make decisions like, "if they go THIS far, cross THAT line, violate thet-there treaty, we launch."

If they already intend to go nuclear, they want as much surprise as possible, as few weapons/units in a ready state to respond. The more they can catch in silos, on runways, in port, the betterest.
Plus, the Pres will very likely not be in the War Room, not in a resolute frame of mind, not fully prepared to issue the "nuke 'em til they glow' codes.
And after the nukes fall, conventional forces will be doing more of a mop-up.

But that's if they go nuclear. All of our nuke plans are based on them going nuclear, or being very clearly just about to. They could still just go for conventional, knowing we'd hesitate to cross that line.

Salami tactics. The risk is that the civilian holder of the executive powers would be susceptible to frog-boiling. And in that scenario, no amount of intelligence helps.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o861Ka9TtT4[/youtube]

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
Salami tactics. The risk is that the civilian holder of the executive powers would be susceptible to frog-boiling. And in that scenario, no amount of intelligence helps.

Loved that show. George C. Scott was....not an inspired choice for the US version....

Of course, that was the same show where intel on a conventional invasion allowed them to prevent it by dropping a military unit on a 'friendship' visit to the threatened country. Just incidentally making that slice of salami much more significant and costly.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
I quoted multiple times what I found wrong .

And you were wrong, as demonstrated multiple times.
Give it up, boy. Your charade is OVER.
But again, that was an impressive effort and I am duly flatterered. :)

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Give it up, Shiela. Your charade is OVER.

Request once again that when people want to insult a man, they do not consider calling him female as the vehicle.

Whatever he’s doing, he’s doing as a man, as (obviously) men do.

We are not your punchline. He’s not a Sheila. The Sheilas aren’t doing this shit. Men are doing it. As men do.

EDITED: Thanks for the edit, Elixer. It is appreciated.

Last edited:

bilby

Fair dinkum thinkum
The Sunshine State: The one with Crocs, not Gators
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist

Loved that show. George C. Scott was....not an inspired choice for the US version....

Of course, that was the same show where intel on a conventional invasion allowed them to prevent it by dropping a military unit on a 'friendship' visit to the threatened country. Just incidentally making that slice of salami much more significant and costly.

"He seemed to think that eight hundred fully armed paratroopers was rather a lot to send on a goodwill visit".

"No, it's just lot of goodwill".

blastula

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Gnostic atheist

I quoted multiple times what I found wrong in Elixir's post: he said he did not believe that there would be a "peaceful" transfer of power.

At the time he said this, I thought it was ridiculous fearmongering. He conceded above that although the transfer would be peaceful, it was because Trump is a coward. But now we have people redefining what 'peaceful' means and we have you making claims I said Trump would concede easily which I did not say and do not believe.

You said Elixir was wrong based on Trump's comments in that story alone. His comments there do not prove that he has conceded peacefully or otherwise because nothing remotely like that has happened yet. Thus, you Metaphor are wrong.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
... he said he did not believe that there would be a "peaceful" transfer of power

That is factually inaccurate. The most charitable interpretation that could be honestly derived from the actual quote from which you inferred my "belief", is that it "appeared to imply" that I held such a belief. I can't help your deafness to such nuance.

To clear the record, my actual position (that you fail to acknowledge) is the same as it ever has been:

a) Trump will not concede the election regardless of the margin of victory.
b) Great harm will therefore ensue, and it may very well entail physical and other forms of violence.
c) I wonder if anyone here actually believes that either a or b are not true.

I realize that your need to attack me for starting this thread arises from the fact that you actually knew that both a and b were true, but didn't appreciate those facts being put forth.

Sorry, YOU LOST. I WAS CORRECT.
GET OVER IT.

blastula

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Gnostic atheist
Trump kind of conceded again. And took it back in the very same sentence.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337385736530780161?s=20[/TWEET]

TomC

Celestial Highness
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic deist
Trump kind of conceded again. And took it back in the very same sentence.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337385736530780161?s=20[/TWEET]

He's such a twisted eyesore.

If anyone knows what a "scandal plagued mess for years to come" looks like, it would be Trump.
Tom

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Democratic Socialist Atheist
Trump has reportedly been convinced he actually won, tells advisers he may not vacate the White House

President Trump was privately coming to terms with his loss to President-elect Joe Biden, but he "has now reversed and dug in deeper — not only spreading misinformation about the election, but ingesting it himself," CNN reports, "egged on by advisers like Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis who are misleading Trump about the extent of voting irregularities and the prospects of a reversal." One adviser told CNN, "He's been fed so much misinformation that I think he actually thinks this thing was stolen from him."

Even the Electoral College formalizing Biden's win "did not appear enough to shake Trump from his delusions of victory," CNN says, "but it is adding urgency to a push by several of his advisers to gently steer Trump toward reality." Discussions of Trump's post-presidency future tend to go nowhere because Trump "all but shuts down," CNN reports. "In his moments of deepest denial, Trump has told some advisers that he will refuse to leave the White House on Inauguration Day, only to be walked down from that ledge. The possibility has alarmed some aides, but few believe Trump will actually follow through."

T.G.G. Moogly

Traditional Atheist
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian
Trump has reportedly been convinced he actually won, tells advisers he may not vacate the White House

President Trump was privately coming to terms with his loss to President-elect Joe Biden, but he "has now reversed and dug in deeper — not only spreading misinformation about the election, but ingesting it himself," CNN reports, "egged on by advisers like Rudy Giuliani and Jenna Ellis who are misleading Trump about the extent of voting irregularities and the prospects of a reversal." One adviser told CNN, "He's been fed so much misinformation that I think he actually thinks this thing was stolen from him."

Even the Electoral College formalizing Biden's win "did not appear enough to shake Trump from his delusions of victory," CNN says, "but it is adding urgency to a push by several of his advisers to gently steer Trump toward reality." Discussions of Trump's post-presidency future tend to go nowhere because Trump "all but shuts down," CNN reports. "In his moments of deepest denial, Trump has told some advisers that he will refuse to leave the White House on Inauguration Day, only to be walked down from that ledge. The possibility has alarmed some aides, but few believe Trump will actually follow through."

To do something like that would take a huge dose of stupidity, something Trumpo has in great volume, but also a dose of courage, something Trumpo completely lacks. So don't be waiting for Little Donny Diaper Boy to make a stand. Diaper Boy doesn't believe his rhetoric anyway, he's only milking his sycophants.

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Democratic Socialist Atheist

To do something like that would take a huge dose of stupidity, something Trumpo has in great volume, but also a dose of courage, something Trumpo completely lacks. So don't be waiting for Little Donny Diaper Boy to make a stand. Diaper Boy doesn't believe his rhetoric anyway, he's only milking his sycophants.

According to the story and his niece, he really does believe he won. Not to mention Rudy Giuliani telling him he won (while he's make $20K per day to fight for Trump's delusion).

T.G.G. Moogly

Traditional Atheist
Basic Beliefs
egalitarian

According to the story and his niece, he really does believe he won. Not to mention Rudy Giuliani telling him he won (while he's make $20K per day to fight for Trump's delusion).

This was also in the article:

"To be perfectly clear about this, Trump 100 percent will leave the White House on Inauguration Day, if not well before," Jonathan Chait writes at New York. "Even the scholars who expressed the deepest fears of Trump's intentions to undermine the system did not put credence in the possibility he could defy the outcome by simply refusing to leave. Squatting is not one of the tools in his authoritarian tool kit." But the fact that Trump thinks that's even a viable option suggests he's "engaged in more than a scheme to grift his supporters," Chait says. He's "drinking his own poisoned Kool-Aid."

What Little Donny is saying and what Little Donny is doing are two different things. Money has always been more valuable than Little Donny's ego, and he's busy collecting big money.

Always watch what the clown does, that's why clowns typically don't speak. In Trumpo's case his mouth just makes noise while he pockets the money.

jab

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
non-militant atheist

No, as I think I saw his niece being quoted somewhere, he's reached the stage of gaslightling himself, with the help of his enablers like Rudy and Ms. Ellis, who are raking in the dough too, as long as he "keeps fighting". It's like the inaugural crowds way back when: what Donny Boy wants to be true, just has to be true , it just has to be.

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Nonpracticing agnostic
This thread might need bumping.

There is an electoral defeat, but there's still a remaining process.

And you see what happened.

We might get a 25th amendment issuance and a padded room for Twitler.

In which case, the answer is no margin of defeat will cause him to admit it.

blastula

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Gnostic atheist
bumpety bump

So I'm wondering if anyone here thinks there is any possibility of a peaceful transfer of power in January, and if so, what factors would lead to that outcome.

I'm sorry, but is this a joke?

Let's say Trump loses the election. What is it, exactly, that you imagine he will do? Carry on and bluster that he was robbed? Sure. Do you think he will be let into the White House after Biden is sworn in? No, he won't.

Do you think Trump is going to raise a private army? This kind of delusionista fearmongering makes me sad about the absolute lack of faith some Americans seem to have in their own institutions.

I can see this thread is another in the long line of masturbatory fantasies about Trump attempting to become a dictator.

I suggest, Elixir, you ask a screenwriter to come up with the bones of a narrative for what Trump's "non-peaceful" transfer of power might entail. You clearly are incapable of imagining it or describing it. You've assumed a "peaceful transfer" is impossible but have no idea what a non-peaceful transfer looks like.

And I wonder why we haven't seen Jason since the 6th?

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
bumpety bump

Yeah, thanks.

Metaphor said:
Do you think Trump is going to raise a private army?

You mean ANOTHER private army, now that his ragtag mob of morons failed in its mission to overthrow our government?
... well ... maybe, if he can. We will have to wait and see unless you have "inside" information.

You've assumed a "peaceful transfer" is impossible but have no idea what a non-peaceful transfer looks like.

Lol... I think EVERYONE (except possibly you) knows now. FWIW it looked almost exactly like I thought and predicted it would. You were dead wrong again.

Are you still harboring masturbatory fantasies about Trump being re-elected? Are you out there helping to spread The Big Lie?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
Personal calls to the SoS of GA, face to face meetings with State Legislator leaders for multiple states. Trump tried every conceivable means to steal this election, almost all in broad daylight!

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist
bumpety bump

I can see this thread is another in the long line of masturbatory fantasies about Trump attempting to become a dictator.

I suggest, Elixir, you ask a screenwriter to come up with the bones of a narrative for what Trump's "non-peaceful" transfer of power might entail. You clearly are incapable of imagining it or describing it. You've assumed a "peaceful transfer" is impossible but have no idea what a non-peaceful transfer looks like.

Says he logged in yesterday, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
bumpety bump

Says he logged in yesterday, so don't get your hopes up just yet.

Aw. It must be tough. He could simply do what Meta is doing, and issue flurries of posts on subjects that do NOT highlight his stupidity...

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated

Gee whiz meta - don't you read the newspapers? Even your puppeteer, Rupert, knows better.

Harry Bosch

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Gee whiz meta - don't you read the newspapers? Even your puppeteer, Rupert, knows better.

I have to say that you nailed (predicted) this one!

Gun Nut

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
None

more like Elixir "canceled" Metaphor.

It's February and he's quoting a post from August, about something that happened in January. Meta was grotesquely wrong in August and Elixir was prophetically right, but one cannot assume Meta holds the same ridiculously and embarrassingly wrong views now as Meta held then. He is most likely just not interested in admitting to being wrong.
It's also possible he's in jail right now for Trespassing on Federal Property and simply unavailable to reply.

Jarhyn

Wizard
Basic Beliefs
Natural Philosophy, Game Theoretic Ethicist

It's February and he's quoting a post from August, about something that happened in January. Meta was grotesquely wrong in August and Elixir was prophetically right, but one cannot assume Meta holds the same ridiculously and embarrassingly wrong views now as Meta held then. He is most likely just not interested in admitting to being wrong.
It's also possible he's in jail right now for Trespassing on Federal Property and simply unavailable to reply.

To be fair, it's kinda hard for Metaphor to have been involved as he's literally on the opposite side of the planet from DC... Then, that leads into begging the question of why he cares so goddamn much..

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated

I don't want to cancel anyone! The main reason I brought up this old news, is that Meta has NOT acknowledged the truth.
I find that unsurprising - almost typical for today's right wingers.
They take their example for Trump and his ilk, whose MO includes NEVER admitting you were wrong, or you lost, or you lied.
The fact is that we are all wrong sometimes, we all lose sometimes, and we all lie sometimes. More honest people admit to that.

Deepak

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

To be fair, it's kinda hard for Metaphor to have been involved as he's literally on the opposite side of the planet from DC... Then, that leads into begging the question of why he cares so goddamn much..

Rupert Murdoch

Gospel

Unify Africa
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic

I don't want to cancel anyone! The main reason I brought up this old news, is that Meta has NOT acknowledged the truth.
They take their example for Trump and his ilk, whose MO includes NEVER admitting you were wrong, or you lost, or you lied.
The fact is that we are all wrong sometimes, we all lose sometimes, and we all lie sometimes. More honest people admit to that.

If this was boxing and Meta my fighter I'd be throwing in the towel. In other words, I feel like there is a certain level of inappropriateness about this thread regardless of how well it seasoned my popcorn.

Don2 (Don1 Revised)

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Nonpracticing agnostic

If this was boxing and Meta my fighter I'd be throwing in the towel. In other words, I feel like there is a certain level of inappropriateness about this thread regardless of how well it seasoned my popcorn.

I agree about analogy to inappropriate boxing match. It's like instead people admitting they were wrong, they tried to bite Joe Biden's ear off. Figuratively. You should definitely throw in the towel. Who wants to eat popcorn while witnessing the horrific lack of appropriate points and twisted contortions of non sequiturs.

Top Bottom