• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

At what margin of electoral defeat will Trump be forced to admit defeat?

Worldtraveller

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
It's 68 days and early voting starts very soon in many states.

Anyone who uses "sheeple" to refer to actual human persons, especially when applied to the population-at-large, is not worth further exposure to their verbal shit faucet. It's like a conversational canary in the coal mine warning to tune out or regret wasting your time.

I fully admit I went through that phase, too. I apologise in fact for it. But at least for me it was a phase.
Agreed. Also, the irony, considering how much easier the authoritarian types are to get to fall in line. In their case, though, I prefer the term 'bootlicker', since it's more accurate. ;)

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
As a reminder, when you start bitching about the military and their liberal policies... it is a great time to reflect just how skewed your worldview has become.

As a reminder, it was you who uttered the high fantasy statements like "the military" is on Trump's side and will enable a military-backed coup for Trump.
Yeah, I didn't say that. I said that in order for Trump to pull off a coup, he'd need the military's support. I understand context is lost on right-wingers such as yourself, but it is best if you try harder to understand what people are actually saying.

Metaphor

Zarobljenik u hrastu
Banned
As a reminder, when you start bitching about the military and their liberal policies... it is a great time to reflect just how skewed your worldview has become.

As a reminder, it was you who uttered the high fantasy statements like "the military" is on Trump's side and will enable a military-backed coup for Trump.
Yeah, I didn't say that. I said that in order for Trump to pull off a coup, he'd need the military's support. I understand context is lost on right-wingers such as yourself, but it is best if you try harder to understand what people are actually saying.

You said he had the military's support. It's right there in your post.

But in your effervescent rage at your imagined Trump coup, you kind of forgot that "the military" is not on "Trump's side".

Basic Beliefs
complicated
Seemingly. Can this private militia storm the White House and take out the secret service?

So...are you saying that the military generals will support Trump as commander-in-chief if Biden is elected and sworn in?

Trump doesn't need supporters - he's got them. What he needs is enough prominent legislators/military commanders/public figures to sit on the fence and the incumbent gets the benefit of the doubt by default.

What default? What would constitute "sitting on the fence"?

I need you to spell it out to me. I think the idea that the transfer of power will be "non-peaceful" is idiotically absurd. The United States is not a third-world kleptocracy.
you had me right up to this
Fill in the blanks for me.

i) Biden wins the electoral college vote in November
ii) Biden is sworn into office in January
iii) ?
iv) Trump is violently defeated and removed from office

Basic Beliefs
complicated
I didn't start this thread--you did.

Your fantasy of Trump winning a fair election or admitting defeat under any circumstance is really cute.
Please do tell us what a non-peaceful transfer of power would look like in the USA.

I don't know what it looks like. I've been asking you that question in several posts.

What do you think Trump will do that will make the transfer of power to Biden non-peaceful? It's election night in November and Biden has won 298 electoral college votes. What does Trump do?

..makes the 298 into 297 by cheating

Basic Beliefs
complicated
If Trump loses and mobilizes the crazy part of his base to violence, that probably finish off the current GOP if they do not quickly disavow the violence and repudiate Trump's lies about the election. Whether it can recover from such a blow would remain to be seen.

the bottom line is that no one knows what is going to happen

angelo

Deleted
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Of course it's well known what will happen in November. The candidate with the most college votes is declared the winner! It's been like that since it was introduced by the American Founding Fathers all those decades ago. Why are leftists jumping up and down on a fictional scenario that has a 1000/1 chance of eventuating?

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist

You said he had the military's support. It's right there in your post.
What post are you talking about?

But in your effervescent rage at your imagined Trump coup, you kind of forgot that "the military" is not on "Trump's side".
Your web browser must be making with some serious glitching.

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
What post are you talking about?

Your web browser must be making with some serious glitching.

I'm sorry, I was mistaken. It was Don2, not you.
Okay, that makes sense.

And hopefully Don2 is isn't right. I have a hard time thinking the military would support Trump, and Trump appears to how historically low support among the military relative to Republican Presidents. But Trump still has the Electoral College to manipulate via the 269+1 requirement.

Top Bottom