• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

At what margin of electoral defeat will Trump be forced to admit defeat?

What do you think Trump will do that will make the transfer of power to Biden non-peaceful?
The same thing he has been doing to keep everything else from being peaceful.
DUH

Okay, so in fact you have no clue and can name no specific actions you think he will take.

Did I say that? No.

* He will incite violence
* He will deny inciting violence
* He will claim the election was rigged

That's three, Meta. I could name 300 other things he might do, but I'm not your mom and I'm not here to spoon-feed you, just showing what a disingenuous and stupid "argument" you are trying to insinuate.
Since you are unable to answer anyone else's questions, there is no exchange of ideas here. Almost like ... you don't have any.

Thread necromancy…
Just scratching my head at how the resident “conservatives” were so spectacularly wrong about Trump, and still have yet to admit their egregious error.
I wasn't aware there were any conservatives on this board.

What do you think Trump will do that will make the transfer of power to Biden non-peaceful?
The same thing he has been doing to keep everything else from being peaceful.
DUH

Okay, so in fact you have no clue and can name no specific actions you think he will take.

Did I say that? No.

* He will incite violence
* He will deny inciting violence
* He will claim the election was rigged

That's three, Meta. I could name 300 other things he might do, but I'm not your mom and I'm not here to spoon-feed you, just showing what a disingenuous and stupid "argument" you are trying to insinuate.
Since you are unable to answer anyone else's questions, there is no exchange of ideas here. Almost like ... you don't have any.

Thread necromancy…
Just scratching my head at how the resident “conservatives” were so spectacularly wrong about Trump, and still have yet to admit their egregious error.
Nobody has suggested that there are.

Ok, then we can add it to the burgeoning list of things of which you are unaware.

I find it telling that our right wingers are so desperate to disassociate themselves with their own “ilk”. Is that a plank in the libberpublican platform?

No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA
The word "know" has one silent k.
The word "knuckle" has two silent k's.
The word "Democrat" has three silent k's.

What do you call your ilk?
It is fun seeing you pretend that you don't know how I define myself.

Ok, then we can add it to the burgeoning list of things of which you are unaware.

I find it telling that our right wingers are so desperate to disassociate themselves with their own “ilk”. Is that a plank in the libberpublican platform?
What is a "libberpublican"? I looked it up on Wikipedia and couldn't find anything.

I'm afraid that you over-estimate my attention to you.

Now that you mention it, I dimly recall a conversation I had with a "libertarian" here — was that you? The conversation was one-sided; I listed several ilks of "libertarian" and described their beliefs in detail. I asked the "libertarian" — you? — about his particular niche in the libertarian panoply. All I got back was a dull-witted suggestion that I look up "libertarian' in a dictionary. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And yet almost every time you reply to me you quote my signature instead of my post.

And yet almost every time you reply to me you quote my signature instead of my post.

White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.

I think there is an option allowing users to disable the display of others' signatures. I give those Infidels the opportunity to enjoy your sig also.

Protestors entering the Capitol Building and the Trump team filing lawsuits over the outcomes of some of the states is not a coup. He left office on time, exactly like Elixir predicted he wouldn't.

This thread isn't about leaving office, it is about admitting defeat, which Trump still hasn't done. When was it that you predicted he would accept defeat again?

It wasn't about Trump saying "yes Biden won." If Elixir was right about Elixir's prediction, Trump would be sitting in the White House right now ordering the military to round up the remaining Biden supporters for "re-education."
And right now, we are learning that the Justice Department (as in most of it) was effectively threatening to resign to keep Trump from appointing an acting Attorney General to meddle with the election results.
What gets me is that so many people knew of these illegal plans before hand yet told no one. There are no heroes in this comic book.
Yep.

The DOJ knew he was pushing an illegal scheme. His lawyer (Eastman) knew the plan was illegal, but pushed it anyway. Multiple members of Congress were down with it even though they knew it was illegal (as evidenced by their asking for pardons ahead of time), and of course Mike Pence knew it was illegal. I wonder how much of the next 2 years the current DOJ will spend on prosecuting this obviously criminal conspiracy?

One thing that did cross my mind (as I was listening to a story on public radio about Ron DeSantis just now)...we don't have to worry about an inside plot like this in '24. State shenanigans? Yes, but whether it is Trump or DeSantis on the GOP ticket 2 years from now, they won't have the power to use the DOJ or White House to try and overturn things if they lose. If DeSantis wins the nomination and Trump throws a hissy fit, that might hurt his chances enough (depending on who the Democrats run), but the really troubling thing is that if he wins, we have (as the reporter said) "Trump with a brain" in office, and a huge opportunity to try the coup again in '28. We know DeSantis is smarter than Trump by a long shot, but is he crooked enough to throw an election he clearly lost?

One thing that did cross my mind (as I was listening to a story on public radio about Ron DeSantis just now)...we don't have to worry about an inside plot like this in '24. State shenanigans? Yes, but whether it is Trump or DeSantis on the GOP ticket 2 years from now, they won't have the power to use the DOJ or White House to try and overturn things if they lose. If DeSantis wins the nomination and Trump throws a hissy fit, that might hurt his chances enough (depending on who the Democrats run), but the really troubling thing is that if he wins, we have (as the reporter said) "Trump with a brain" in office, and a huge opportunity to try the coup again in '28. We know DeSantis is smarter than Trump by a long shot, but is he crooked enough to throw an election he clearly lost?
I think De Santis has very little chance of winning. #1 reason: He's not Donald Trump.

I think De Santis has very little chance of winning. #1 reason: He's not Donald Trump.
He's a competent political version of Donald Trump. His Covid-19 policies helped Florida be near the pack in deaths over Covid, and he is a political hero. Fear the fuck out of De Santis.

Back
Top Bottom