• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

At what margin of electoral defeat will Trump be forced to admit defeat?

Elixir's feargasms weren't about Trump saying "yes, Biden won." Nor were his feargasms about Trump taking legal measures, no matter how unusual, to stay in office.

They were about Trump taking illegal measures.

Either they fail, in which case Trump is forcibly removed from the White House, or they succeed, in which case Trump is the military dictator. Neither of those happened, because as much as Trump's team filed lots of lawsuits they didn't try the illegal measures that this thread is about.

This thread was started with feargasms over Trump taking illegal measures.

Jason said:
If Elixir was right about Elixir's prediction, Trump would be sitting in the White House right now ordering the military to round up the remaining Biden supporters for "re-education."

More dishonesty!
Jason cannot point to any post wherein I posited that Trump would still be in the White House at this time, and it's VERY dishonest to say that I ever made such an assertion. I have Jason on ignore because of exactly that sort of dishonest stupidity, but to be perfectly clear, I MIGHT have made such a prediction if Trump was not such a dullard. However the thread title says it all.

Feragasms are always fake.

Obviously my prediction that Trump would never concede was not a feragasm [sic] or any of Jason's other fantasies. It was totally real, it was an accurate prediction founded on accurate perception of Trump's character, formed over decades prior to his candidacy. Similarly, I might have predicted Jason's refusal to admit that he was wrong based on relatively scant information of reading his posts for longer than necessary to know the dishonest nature of his (internet) character, including his crowing declarations that I was in some kind of "feragasm" mode when I made the prediction that Trump would never concede.

I have no doubt that Trump would have tried to use the military if the brass had not already made it abundantly clear that they would not help him.

Absolutely! In fact if there was any way to prove it one way or another, I'd bet my life that he made every overture he could possibly make to every person who might have been able to direct military force to his end, short of making himself liable for treason charges if that person "ratted him out", as they say in the mob.

More dishonesty!
Jason cannot point to any post wherein I posited that Trump would still be in the White House at this time, and it's VERY dishonest to say that I ever made such an assertion. I have Jason on ignore because of exactly that sort of dishonest stupidity, but to be perfectly clear, I MIGHT have made such a prediction if Trump was not such a dullard. However the thread title says it all.

Obviously my prediction that Trump would never concede was not a feragasm [sic] or any of Jason's other fantasies. It was totally real, it was an accurate prediction founded on accurate perception of Trump's character, formed over decades prior to his candidacy. Similarly, I might have predicted Jason's refusal to admit that he was wrong based on relatively scant information of reading his posts for longer than necessary to know the dishonest nature of his (internet) character, including his crowing declarations that I was in some kind of "feragasm" mode when I made the prediction that Trump would never concede.

I have no doubt that Trump would have tried to use the military if the brass had not already made it abundantly clear that they would not help him.

Absolutely! In fact if there was any way to prove it one way or another, I'd bet my life that he made every overture he could possibly make to every person who might have been able to direct military force to his end, short of making himself liable for treason charges if that person "ratted him out", as they say in the mob.

We know he tried to get Pence to do something illegal. And we know that he considered other illegal actions through the justice department and it was only the risk of having mass resignations that deterred him.

I agree that if he had the right enablers, ones with even less integrity than Pence, he may have taken action to stop the transfer of power.

Elixir's feargasms weren't about Trump saying "yes, Biden won." Nor were his feargasms about Trump taking legal measures, no matter how unusual, to stay in office.

Quotes, or it didn't happen. Please note that your last quote utterly failed to show what you said it would show. Try to do better next time.

Quotes, or it didn't happen.

Either they fail, in which case Trump is forcibly removed from the White House, or they succeed, in which case Trump is the military dictator. Neither of those happened, because as much as Trump's team filed lots of lawsuits they didn't try the illegal measures that this thread is about.

Quotes, or it didn't happen.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...wont-review-pennsylvania-gop-election-lawsuit

The Supreme Court on Monday declined to review a series of challenges by Pennsylvania Republicans to the state’s expansive mail voting policy.
The development marked long-deferred action on the pro-Trump litigation that was filed in the heat of the 2020 election and had sought to upend President Biden’s victory in the key battleground state.
Three of the court’s more conservative justices — Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch — dissented from the court’s denial of review in a pair of cases, though the justices made clear they had no desire to disturb the election result.

Ain't that too bad. GOP attempts to steal them an election slapped down. And that ends the attempt in Pennsylvania to throw out the votes of good citizens who voted Democratic.

Clarence Thomas promotes Donald Trump's big lie about voter fraud.
Justice Clarence Thomas is not backing down from the fight to legitimize Donald Trump’s claims that the 2020 election was rife with fraud. On Monday morning, Thomas issued a startling opinion ranting against the alleged dangers of mail voting and declaring that SCOTUS must override state courts that expand vote by mail pursuant to their state constitutions. Trump may be out of office, but his staunchest ally on the U.S. Supreme Court is carrying on his assault on the legitimacy of the election.
Clarence Thomas's dissent: 20-542 Republican Party of Pennsylvania v. Degraffenreid (02/22/2021) - 20-542_2c83.pdf
SCOTUS’s conservative justices were so furious about the Pennsylvania decision that they attempted to shatter states’ authority to run their own elections. In October, Thomas—joined by Justices Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, and Brett Kavanaugh—accused the Pennsylvania Supreme Court of infringing on the Legislature’s authority to set election law. They asserted that, under the U.S. Constitution, federal courts can override state courts’ interpretation of election codes based on their own sense of what the state legislature prefers. Yet these four justices never found a fifth vote: Amy Coney Barrett joined the court too late to weigh in, and Chief Justice John Roberts refused to go along with this hijacking of state election law. In the end, late-arriving ballots were counted, though they did not change the outcome of any federal race in Pennsylvania, including the presidential contest.

In his dissent, Thomas cast doubt on the legitimacy of the 2020 election by questioning the security of mail voting. “Voting by mail was traditionally limited to voters who had defined, well-documented reasons to be absent,” he wrote. The current trend toward more “permissive” mail voting, the justice warned, “vastly” increases “the risk of fraud.” Thomas drew heavily from a 2012 New York Times article focusing on Florida’s mail voting regime, which focused on a handful of fraudulent schemes involving mail ballots. The justice also pointed to a Republican operative’s criminal attempt to steal an election in North Carolina using mail ballots.
But there isn't much evidence of all this alleged vote-by-mail fraud.

Clarence Thomas promotes Donald Trump's big lie about voter fraud.
Justice Clarence Thomas is not backing down from the fight to legitimize Donald Trump’s claims that the 2020 election was rife with fraud. On Monday morning, Thomas issued a startling opinion ranting against the alleged dangers of mail voting and declaring that SCOTUS must override state courts that expand vote by mail pursuant to their state constitutions. Trump may be out of office, but his staunchest ally on the U.S. Supreme Court is carrying on his assault on the legitimacy of the election.
Clarence Thomas's dissent: 20-542 Republican Party of Pennsylvania v. Degraffenreid (02/22/2021) - 20-542_2c83.pdf
SCOTUS’s conservative justices were so furious about the Pennsylvania decision that they attempted to shatter states’ authority to run their own elections. In October, Thomas—joined by Justices Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch, and Brett Kavanaugh—accused the Pennsylvania Supreme Court of infringing on the Legislature’s authority to set election law. They asserted that, under the U.S. Constitution, federal courts can override state courts’ interpretation of election codes based on their own sense of what the state legislature prefers. Yet these four justices never found a fifth vote: Amy Coney Barrett joined the court too late to weigh in, and Chief Justice John Roberts refused to go along with this hijacking of state election law. In the end, late-arriving ballots were counted, though they did not change the outcome of any federal race in Pennsylvania, including the presidential contest.

In his dissent, Thomas cast doubt on the legitimacy of the 2020 election by questioning the security of mail voting. “Voting by mail was traditionally limited to voters who had defined, well-documented reasons to be absent,” he wrote. The current trend toward more “permissive” mail voting, the justice warned, “vastly” increases “the risk of fraud.” Thomas drew heavily from a 2012 New York Times article focusing on Florida’s mail voting regime, which focused on a handful of fraudulent schemes involving mail ballots. The justice also pointed to a Republican operative’s criminal attempt to steal an election in North Carolina using mail ballots.
But there isn't much evidence of all this alleged vote-by-mail fraud.
This nightmare isn't going to end, is it?

This nightmare isn't going to end, is it?

No, it isn't. It's a structural problem, not a problem of an individual, though Individual1 did take advantage of the structure and even united and extended the infrastructure.

Yeah, we all owe Agent Orange a huge debt of gratitude for revealing a host of problems that arise from the "structural" assumption that voters are smarter than hamsters.

What do you think Trump will do that will make the transfer of power to Biden non-peaceful?
The same thing he has been doing to keep everything else from being peaceful.
DUH

Okay, so in fact you have no clue and can name no specific actions you think he will take.

Did I say that? No.

* He will incite violence
* He will deny inciting violence
* He will claim the election was rigged

That's three, Meta. I could name 300 other things he might do, but I'm not your mom and I'm not here to spoon-feed you, just showing what a disingenuous and stupid "argument" you are trying to insinuate.
Since you are unable to answer anyone else's questions, there is no exchange of ideas here. Almost like ... you don't have any.

Thread necromancy…
Just scratching my head at how the resident “conservatives” were so spectacularly wrong about Trump, and still have yet to admit their egregious error.

There will be a nonviolent turnover of power when Trump loses. The margin of defeat won't matter. At his very heart, Trump is a bully and a coward: he is all bluster and no action.

Supporting the losing candidate is a treason - the military won't back Trump. Come January 21, if Trump lost, he is no longer President (according to the Constitution) and the Secret Service will not answer to him at all (and I doubt they would support him in a his attempt to illegally hold the Presidency).
The electoral college chooses the President, and the Electoral College can be screwed with either to change the outright result or create a contested election which then heads to Congress. Doesn't have to win to win.
Well, I think I had what they were thinking.

Protestors entering the Capitol Building and the Trump team filing lawsuits over the outcomes of some of the states is not a coup. He left office on time, exactly like Elixir predicted he wouldn't.

This thread isn't about leaving office, it is about admitting defeat, which Trump still hasn't done. When was it that you predicted he would accept defeat again?

It wasn't about Trump saying "yes Biden won." If Elixir was right about Elixir's prediction, Trump would be sitting in the White House right now ordering the military to round up the remaining Biden supporters for "re-education."
And right now, we are learning that the Justice Department (as in most of it) was effectively threatening to resign to keep Trump from appointing an acting Attorney General to meddle with the election results.

… which he did
Either they fail, in which case Trump is forcibly removed from the White House, or they succeed, in which case Trump is the military dictator.

They failed, after a violent attempt to prevent the certification of election results.

Neither of those happened,

WRONG!!

because as much as Trump's team filed lots of lawsuits they didn't try the illegal measures that this thread is about.

Uh, yes they did. Watch the hearings today, Jason.

Turns out @Jason Harvestdancer was wrong on all counts, exactly as predicted.
The thread title encapsulated my “feargasm” - that Trump would never concede, regardless. I was 100% correct.

Trump did indeed take plenty of illegal actions (tune in to the hearings today if you dare, Jason)

Right Wing snowflakes are stupidly more afraid of admitting they’re wrong than of Cheato destroying American democracy.
That’s a main reason I feel such contempt for them.

There will be a nonviolent turnover of power when Trump loses. The margin of defeat won't matter. At his very heart, Trump is a bully and a coward: he is all bluster and no action.

Supporting the losing candidate is a treason - the military won't back Trump. Come January 21, if Trump lost, he is no longer President (according to the Constitution) and the Secret Service will not answer to him at all (and I doubt they would support him in a his attempt to illegally hold the Presidency).
The electoral college chooses the President, and the Electoral College can be screwed with either to change the outright result or create a contested election which then heads to Congress. Doesn't have to win to win.
Well, I think I had what they were thinking.

Yup, you nailed it. I sure didn't see that coming, at least not in that form.

Protestors entering the Capitol Building and the Trump team filing lawsuits over the outcomes of some of the states is not a coup. He left office on time, exactly like Elixir predicted he wouldn't.

This thread isn't about leaving office, it is about admitting defeat, which Trump still hasn't done. When was it that you predicted he would accept defeat again?

It wasn't about Trump saying "yes Biden won." If Elixir was right about Elixir's prediction, Trump would be sitting in the White House right now ordering the military to round up the remaining Biden supporters for "re-education."
And right now, we are learning that the Justice Department (as in most of it) was effectively threatening to resign to keep Trump from appointing an acting Attorney General to meddle with the election results.
What gets me is that so many people knew of these illegal plans before hand yet told no one. There are no heroes in this comic book.

What gets me is that so many people knew of these illegal plans before hand yet told no one. There are no heroes in this comic book.
Most Rethuglitards played both sides. What if it worked, after they came out against it? Chances are they’d be lined up against a wall next to Nancy and the Dems. No, they couldn’t take that chance. Better to STFU and join the “winning” side if one emerged.
GOP is the Party of the obsequious weak minded, the amoral, the mentally challenged, the treasonous, and above all, the greedy. A big enough tent to make them an existential threat to American democracy.

Back
Top Bottom