• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Authority makes things true!

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
Things are true or false based on what my mechanical pencil (his name is Fred) tells me.

Fred tells me that you like to fondle squirrels. Please stop that.

Authority is the Achilles heel of actual knowledge. Both Fred and his trusting pal have to get out and do so now! The squirrels demand it and THEY are the true authority.;)

Authority is the Achilles heel of actual knowledge. Both Fred and his trusting pal have to get out and do so now! The squirrels demand it and THEY are the true authority.;)

But I know that Fred is the true and rightful authority because I have Special Feelings that tell me so! Therefore, the squirrels are definitely wrong!

But I know that Fred is the true and rightful authority because I have Special Feelings that tell me so! Therefore, the squirrels are definitely wrong!

Authority isn't as effective as speaking loudly and repeating often.

Authority isn't as effective as speaking loudly and repeating often.....

You're just saying that because you hate Fred.

Speak softly and carry a length of rubber hose.

You are right. So just what do you think authority does....speak loudly and repeat often. The threat is only added after disobedience or disbelief.

Things are true or false based on what my mechanical pencil (his name is Fred) tells me.

Fred tells me that you like to fondle squirrels. Please stop that.

Fred is full of disinformation. Who does the writing - you, or Fred?

But is Fred backed up by an old book, translated from an ancient language you don't understand, and rendered into an artificially archaic version of the language you do speak?

Eldarion Lathria

My mechanical pencil is the only one that writes the truth. You have to fire Fred! So says my mechanical pencil. If you pay attention to whatever Fred writes, you will be relying on mistruths to guide you. You wouldn't want THAT would you? Underseer, get over those "special feelings." Get over your wide eyed faith in Fred. He was made in China for the purpose of seducing you...at sharply reduced prices...still Fred is an authoritarian liar. Instead of fondling that pencil, GET A GRIP ON YOURSELF...that oughta feel pretty special!

Back
Top Bottom