• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Bagels

Your favourites

• Total voters
The only thing that goes on a bagel is cream cheese.

I voted for sourdough because that with cream cheese is the bomb. The one thing that I have against this food is that it is so hard. give me a 24 pack of Dunkin Donut holes and I'll be happy. lol

The only thing that goes on a bagel is cream cheese.
Wrong, wrong.. wrong.

Butter. Lately I've actually been doing butter and cheese whiz. Yes I know it sounds like sacrilege.

My guess is you have never had authentic bagels. Other than cream cheese a Jewish favorite id]s lox and bagels. Pickled salmon.

Everything bagel, toasted with butter and veggie cream cheese.

A bagel is a bagel. If it's made with all that other crap, it's not a bagel anymore.

Bagels are served with lox and a schmear (brined salmon and cream cheese).

Ideally they came from Brick Lane, in the East End.

A bagel is a bagel. If it's made with all that other crap, it's not a bagel anymore.

Bagels are served with lox and a schmear (brined salmon and cream cheese).

Ideally they came from Brick Lane, in the East End.

Nope. That's what a bagel was many decades ago. Get with the times man. Now bagels come in all different varieties and you can put whatever shit you like on them. I like mine toasted with butter and jelly or sometimes cream cheese and jelly, but I have eaten bagel sandwiches in the 80s, when I lived near a bagel sandwich place in Raleigh, NC.

Everything must change, even the ingredients and toppings on a bagel must change.

Yay, my culinary preferences happen to correspond closely to the social norms of a community to which I belong. Success!

I went with whole grain. I've had others and they have their place in the sun but for overall utility, you can't beat whole grain.
For me, bagels are usually sandwiches. For a weekend breakfast, thinly sliced Virginia Baked Ham (ruffled), egg over easy with yolk dripping out the hole, and cheese if you must. For lunch on the go, peanut butter. It fills the void, carries you until supper, and won't mess your clothes up. You can also go for cream cheese, tomato, and raw onion if you're eating over a desk. And for the evening meal, thick slices of Filet Mignon, raw onion, and sauteed mushrooms. The toasted bagel is best placed face down in the au jus to soak up some beefy goodness. Here is where I would give the nod to a bagel with cheddar baked onto the top. This small amount of cheese compliments the steak nicely.

Egg bagels for the win. They also seem to be awfully hard to find. Brueggers and Panera don't sell them! Bagels are versatile. Cream cheese, butter, burgers, eggs / bacon / cheese...

AhhhhgH! What's next? Ketchup on hot dogs? Is there no sense of right and wrong anymore?

AhhhhgH! What's next? Ketchup on hot dogs? Is there no sense of right and wrong anymore?

Once I witnessed a man put..... mayonnaise on a hot dog. He didn't even look ashamed.

I've done that. No shame.

No, it's fine. The proper condiments for a hot dog are actually fritessaus (dutch mayo) and sriracha. Don't let these purists fool you with their mustard, which is actually the very last thing you should put on a hot dog.

whomever answered "chocolate chip" can go back to the shithole country they came from.

Back
Top Bottom