• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Believe in God in 5 minutes.

Why do I need God when I have the Easter Bunny?

With God, your problems just begin. Why allow evil? Why allow that bad ol' Satan to run loose? Why did God appear to the Israelites on a daily basis but hides now? Is God inside or outside of Time?

When I assume an infinite multi-Universe, all falls into place. An Omnipotent, all knowing God who loves us does not seem to fit into the Universe as we experience it.

Sooooo nothing can come from something as long as you have something, i.e. physics and the laws of nature. He limits those laws to being non-physical things, but so what?

And because we don't know what's beyond the visible universe ∴ God. And not just God, the Biblical god.

That man certainly has a higher IQ than I do, but genius level IQ has no advantages when it comes to very basic reasoning or washing your car, or walking your dog.

And oh, I can conceive of nothing. It's a concept that I understand as that in which there is no thing. Now, who's going to write the Nobel committee on my behalf?

1) Not physical
2) Acts on the physical
3) Created the physical from nothing
4) Predates the Universe
Well, i don't remember anywhere that The Books actually offers 'the biblical definition of God.' There are descriptions of God, sure. And he does things. But can anyone show me 'the biblical definition of God?'

And, like, is there anything else that matches this 'definition?' Because I know Slimer from Ghostbusters can fit the first three. He's not physical, he knocks physical things around, and created 'slime' from the non-physical nothing he's composed of.
Is the Biblical Skybeast the only possible match for this definition?

Why do I need God when I have the Easter Bunny?

With God, your problems just begin. Why allow evil? Why allow that bad ol' Satan to run loose? Why did God appear to the Israelites on a daily basis but hides now? Is God inside or outside of Time?

When I assume an infinite multi-Universe, all falls into place. An Omnipotent, all knowing God who loves us does not seem to fit into the Universe as we experience it.
No assumptions needed. When I recognize and accept that there is a hell of a lot about the universe that I don't know (but I am continually learning more) then everything falls into place. The problem with religion is that they don't and can't accept that there is anything that they don't know and understand.

For the religious, "I don't know" = "goddidit so I do know."

Back
Top Bottom