• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ben Carson: Archaeologists Are Wrong, The Pyramids Were Built To Store Grain

Seriously you guys, you have three hundred million people in your country, and this guy makes it into the final 18 in the contest for President?

What.

The.

Actual.

Fuck?
It's complicated, but he is entrainment and will not win the GOP nomination. It'll be Bush or Rubio...No, it'll be Bush. Hillary will win the presidency.

Seriously you guys, you have three hundred million people in your country, and this guy makes it into the final 18 in the contest for President?

What.

The.

Actual.

Fuck?
Taking pride in one's ignorance is what presently makes the Republican Party great. Sad, I know.

This could have a silver lining. When his candidacy drops through floor, hopefully enough people will take notice that even people with high IQs can say and believe incredibly stupid things.

Or maybe Hillbilly Jim will resume his former role and become the next GOP nominee.

http://www.wwe.com/superstars/hillbilly-jim

What.

The.

Actual.

Fuck?

See, we have this thing where we pretend anybody can grow up to be the President, so every 4 years we have people like Carson and Palin in the running to keep the dream alive.

Probably no worse than the likes of David Ike, Richard Hoagland, Ken Ham....
But those people are not frontrunners for presidential nomination.

Fair enough, but then, is it any worse than believing in the existence of an invisible, magical Man in the sky in the form of a Father, Son and a Holy Ghost? Yet some of these believers achieved Presidency... with the blessing of most of population of America.

This could have a silver lining. When his candidacy drops through floor, hopefully enough people will take notice that even people with high IQs can say and believe incredibly stupid things.
Are you implying that Carson has high IQ? why?

One cannot be a brain surgeon be unintelligent. At least in that one narrow area. I should have articulated that more clearly.

Without telling a long story, I've been exposed at some length, more than than most, to doctors and the people around them. They're idolized and considered above reproach by the vast majority in the healthcare field. And from what I've observed (take that for what it's worth, which may not be much), this extends to the general population.

There is this idea that, "He's a doctor so he knows what he's talking about," which not only allows, but encourages physicians to, well, for lack of a better way to put it, believe their own bullshit.

Physicians are often arrogant assholes who don't need to make excuses for their behavior because everyone else will make excuses for them. And nowhere can this be illustrated more clearly than with Ben Carson. The guy's a fucking asshole. He may be a brain surgeon, but he is an insufferable, arrogant, egotistical prick who is allowed to be so simply because of his profession.

Put him in a working situation where he would have to co-exist with others as an equal and he'd be hated. Or, if he had the same personality he does now, but was an attorney, he would have never made it this far.

The point is that Ben Carson is being given an enormous pass simply because he's a doctor. And to be a doctor, one must possess a high intelligence in that area. What people don't understand is that intelligence is very general, amorphous thing. Therefore, the idea goes among many, that if one is smart enough to be a doctor, they must be smart in every other area too.

It's a logical and societal fallacy. Or in the case of Ben Carson, a gigantic Phallusy.

One cannot be a brain surgeon be unintelligent. At least in that one narrow area. I should have articulated that more clearly.

Without telling a long story, I've been exposed at some length, more than than most, to doctors and the people around them. They're idolized and considered above reproach by the vast majority in the healthcare field. And from what I've observed (take that for what it's worth, which may not be much), this extends to the general population.

There is this idea that, "He's a doctor so he knows what he's talking about," which not only allows, but encourages physicians to, well, for lack of a better way to put it, believe their own bullshit.
We teach them to be falsely confident in medical school and it was quite challenging when they would join our grant funding team to teach them that basic research has no guaranteed outcome and often came up a dead end. "How can research be done if we don't know the outcome?"

Having been a TA for pre-meds in a freshman undergraduate physics class, I certainly know that many doctors-to-be have no particular interest in developing their critical thinking skills.

Also, the m.d.s in my family had to study so intently to master their specialty -- and later to stay current -- that they tune out lots & lots of pop culture but also the non-medical disciplines.
Pastor Ben: Is there ANY amount of Christian Crazy that he can spout without losing his numbers?
Who built the pyramids: "No, I'm sorry, the answer is the Moops."

Newton still believed in crazy shit and most definitely had a high IQ.

Not sure where Ben Carson is getting his Pyramid/Grain theories from. I couldn’t find any articles on AIG about it, and even creationists don’t seem to agree with it.
Didn't Hovind maintain that Joseph built the pyramids?
But i'm not sure if he said why...

Oh. Hovermind.

Hovind claims that "the Great Pyramid of Giza was not built by the Egyptians, but by either Adam and Enoch before the flood or by Noah and Shem after the flood."

ben-carson-decodes-stonehenge-as-dog-park-built-by-noah-after-the-flood.jpg

It just seems so unlikely to me that the same people who lost their shit when we had our first black president are going to elect the second black president next.

Back
Top Bottom