• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Best use for Ark Adventure after it fails ?

Gophers at the time were renowned for the quality of their building material, getting generous concessions from Noah for supplying building materials on time and at cost, as quoted. Not a cent over budget.

Budget ? What budget ?
Why would Noah bother paying all his contractors once the boat was completed ? A far as the good book goes, he didnt pay them and invite them onboard or did he ?
Contractors? There is no indication how he built the Boat. It is another JJ Abrams story in the Bible. God commands all this shit Gen 6:14 - 21 and then Gen 6:22, cut screen with a star flare, boat is built. Time to load the animals!

Genesis 7:1 - 4, whole bunch of animals. Genesis 7:5, cut screen with star flare, boat is filled with animals, a lot of fucking animals!

Gophers at the time were renowned for the quality of their building material, getting generous concessions from Noah for supplying building materials on time and at cost, as quoted. Not a cent over budget.

Budget ? What budget ?
Why would Noah bother paying all his contractors once the boat was completed ? A far as the good book goes, he didnt pay them and invite them onboard or did he ?

Did he force them against, shock, horror, their God Given 'free will?' ;)

A Bad Day for the Lord God of Creation is a Bad Day indeed.

I'd rather have a bad day as God, than a good day fishing...

I never understood the "bad day of fishing is better than..." idiom. I mean, even an AVERAGE day at work is more satisfying and pleasant than a day on a small boat, tossed in a storm, with all my friends drowning to death...

You obviously haven't worked at some of the places I have ;)

They may be called a workplace, firm or business but actually they are just an Earthly version of Hell...Hell Holes reflecting the Christian work ethic, hierarchy and torment.....;)

You can choose your friends, and you can ignore your family, but you can't do either with your idiot coworkers.

The best use for the space would be to transform it into a homeless shelter, funded by the church.

I am touched by the assumption in this thread that the Ark will fail.

This is Kentucky. The Creation Museum is going on a decade now. And it doesn't have $43 million in state tourism incentives, like the Ark does....

They may be called a workplace, firm or business but actually they are just an Earthly version of Hell...Hell Holes reflecting the Christian work ethic, hierarchy and torment.....;)

Yeah, thank God(!) for that Christian work ethic. Makes you wonder how anybody got anything done B.C. Like the Pyramids, Great Wall of China, Stonehenge ...

Re: the OP ... I watched a video on youtube the other day, where David Silverman suggested buying it at a knock-down price for the new HQ of the American Atheists organisation. How deliciously ironic that would be.

A Bad Day for the Lord God of Creation is a Bad Day indeed.

I'd rather have a bad day as God, than a good day fishing...

I never understood the "bad day of fishing is better than..." idiom. I mean, even an AVERAGE day at work is more satisfying and pleasant than a day on a small boat, tossed in a storm, with all my friends drowning to death...
I see the problem... you pick the wrong days to go fishing. On days when there are small craft warnings up, real fishermen are found in the local bar swapping fishing tales with each other and ordering more beer.

I am touched by the assumption in this thread that the Ark will fail.

This is Kentucky. The Creation Museum is going on a decade now. And it doesn't have $43 million in state tourism incentives, like the Ark does....

Interesting choice of words... you are "touched" indeed.

Photos of a nearly deserted parking lot and nonexistent entry lines (the sheer number of unmanned ticket windows is a pitiful testament to how badly AiG overestimated the popularity of the whole farce) combine with reports that there were more atheist and pro-science attendees than anyone else, except perhaps staff. It could not have been anything but demoralizing, as much as AiG will doubtlessly try to spin it as a resounding success.

Parks don't do much better on subsequent days. If opening day is bad, it ain;t getting any better. Day 1 is the pretty much the best they can expect.

Compare this with, say, Disney Land. On their opening day, their biggest issue was counterfeit tickets and gate jumpers... not the deafening sound of crickets and Atheists laughing and pointing at the staff.

Photos of a nearly deserted parking lot and nonexistent entry lines (the sheer number of unmanned ticket windows is a pitiful testament to how badly AiG overestimated the popularity of the whole farce) combine with reports that there were more atheist and pro-science attendees than anyone else, except perhaps staff. It could not have been anything but demoralizing, as much as AiG will doubtlessly try to spin it as a resounding success.

Parks don't do much better on subsequent days. If opening day is bad, it ain;t getting any better. Day 1 is the pretty much the best they can expect.

Compare this with, say, Disney Land. On their opening day, their biggest issue was counterfeit tickets and gate jumpers... not the deafening sound of crickets and Atheists laughing and pointing at the staff.
Maybe they were watching Field of Dreams. You know, "If you build it, he will come."

Can it be turned into a zip line park? It's pretty high. Zipping to the ground might be fun.

The word you're after is spelled "tetched"

Yes.. that'll do too.. those two words are pretty much synonymous, where "tetched" is indeed a bit more specifically negative - relating to being crazy. "touched" is more like "special", in that it can have either positive or negative connotation.

I was there yesterday and the day before doing research for my book on creationists. It was really quite busy on Tuesday, long lineups for some things. A few things to remember, it isn't even finished yet, with lots of interior space inside the ark building for more displays, and some additional facilities outside yet to be constructed, including a theatre and "walled city". Also, AIG receives money not only from ticket sales and merchandise but from donations by people who have no expectations of a financial return, and many may feel the obligation to continue donating. I'm not sure this will guarantee the place financial security, but it does help.
It is possible that the creation museum market may hit a saturation point: another large one is being built in Dallas (albeit a bit smaller than the AIG one in Petersburg), by Institute for Creation Research http://www.icr.org/discoverycenter/. Another huge one is being planned for around Boise that will dwarf Ham's museum. No idea how the funding plans for that one are going. It might be a pipe dream, but maybe not. https://northwestsciencemuseum.com

There's about 30 others in North America, mostly small. I've been to about half of them in total.

oOOH! Maybe a Batman Theme Park? Arkham Adventure? Wouldn't even need to change the stationary much. Just dot in a period, ark becomes short for Arkham...

I was there yesterday and the day before doing research for my book on creationists. It was really quite busy on Tuesday, long lineups for some things. A few things to remember, it isn't even finished yet, with lots of interior space inside the ark building for more displays, and some additional facilities outside yet to be constructed, including a theatre and "walled city". Also, AIG receives money not only from ticket sales and merchandise but from donations by people who have no expectations of a financial return, and many may feel the obligation to continue donating. I'm not sure this will guarantee the place financial security, but it does help.
It is possible that the creation museum market may hit a saturation point: another large one is being built in Dallas (albeit a bit smaller than the AIG one in Petersburg), by Institute for Creation Research http://www.icr.org/discoverycenter/. Another huge one is being planned for around Boise that will dwarf Ham's museum. No idea how the funding plans for that one are going. It might be a pipe dream, but maybe not. https://northwestsciencemuseum.com

There's about 30 others in North America, mostly small. I've been to about half of them in total.

Somehow this just makes me feel a bit sad. Shrines to ignorance, stupidity and superstition are evidently a gold mine. People are willing to pay good money to stay misinformed, protect their ignorance and ensure that their children have the best chance possible of remaining saturated in the same ignorance.

Somehow this just makes me feel a bit sad. Shrines to ignorance, stupidity and superstition are evidently a gold mine. People are willing to pay good money to stay misinformed, protect their ignorance and ensure that their children have the best chance possible of remaining saturated in the same ignorance.
Some people believe it and some go for the freak show, clown show element.

Back
Top Bottom