• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Best use for Ark Adventure after it fails ?

Eh.

Why wouldn't biblical inerrantists have a father/daughter room? Same infallible source material, same divine sponsor of moral standards.
The difference is notable because Lot represents the historical part of Genesis, as in the historical events that never actually happened, instead of the myths that were just made up.
Wait, the destruction of two cities, after a wager with God about finding a minimum acceptable number of righteous men, and a woman turning to salt, is less made up then a flood that killed every man, woman, child, toddler, fetus and blastocyst on the planet because of unspecified wickedity? Both stories of which the owners of the Ark Adventure say are acts of a loving god....

The difference is notable because Lot represents the historical part of Genesis, as in the historical events that never actually happened, instead of the myths that were just made up.
Wait, the destruction of two cities, after a wager with God about finding a minimum acceptable number of righteous men, and a woman turning to salt, is less made up then a flood that killed every man, woman, child, toddler, fetus and blastocyst on the planet because of unspecified wickedity? Both stories of which the owners of the Ark Adventure say are acts of a loving god....
Have you never had a bad day?

Thinking I would have a hotdog stand at the entrance of what ever the ark becomes.Could make a fortune. (plus giving pamphlets on Noah as freebies. ;) )

Thinking I would have a hotdog stand at the entrance of what ever the ark becomes.Could make a fortune. (plus giving pamphlets on Noah as freebies. ;) )
No, that's wrong. Handing out free pamphlets just leads to littering.

What you need to do is seal the pamphlets and charge about $3.00 so people think they're getting something. "The TRUE story of Noah's Ark Adventure (before it became a roller disco)!!"

I think I came up with the perfect answer. And we can do it NOW!

How are the locations of Pokemon Go! characters determined/placed?

I think we should populate the ENTIRE ark with FICTIONAL and virtual pokemon characters and have the thing overrun by gamers!

I think I came up with the perfect answer. And we can do it NOW!

How are the locations of Pokemon Go! characters determined/placed?

I think we should populate the ENTIRE ark with FICTIONAL and virtual pokemon characters and have the thing overrun by gamers!

Perfect! :lol:

Maybe the Ross Ice Shelf will suddenly crash into the sea, and it will cause both ocean levels and global temperatures to suddenly accelerate, and the highest mountains will be covered with seawater, and at least two of each pair of species of animals will be loaded onto the ark to prevent their extinctions, and the only humans on board will be Ken Ham, his three sons and their wives.

Does it float ?

Does it fuck.

It's not actually a boat; it's a concrete and steel building with some cladding to make it vaguely boat shaped. It would float about as effectively as the Empire State Building; Except that the ESB would stay above the surface longer by dint of being taller.

If someone built an actual wooden ship of that size, it would probably float as long as the water was dead calm; assuming that it was built with enough internal bracing (which would leave very little payload space below decks). In even the smallest swell, a ship of that size built from timber would break up and sink in seconds.

... and yet it didn't. The fact that we and all the animals are here today is proof! Isn't god awesome?
Dinosaurs come to mind. And all the megafauna. They must have missed their signal. Maybe they were just too big or perhaps Noah still has their DNA somewhere in his advanced lab on Ararat.

Does it float ?

Does it fuck.

It's not actually a boat; it's a concrete and steel building with some cladding to make it vaguely boat shaped. It would float about as effectively as the Empire State Building; Except that the ESB would stay above the surface longer by dint of being taller.

If someone built an actual wooden ship of that size, it would probably float as long as the water was dead calm; assuming that it was built with enough internal bracing (which would leave very little payload space below decks). In even the smallest swell, a ship of that size built from timber would break up and sink in seconds.

Well, I don't know about that. You're probably assuming a boat made of oak or similar hardwood. The ark is made of gopher wood. People keep forgetting that. With gopher wood, all things are possible.

Gophers at the time were renowned for the quality of their building material, getting generous concessions from Noah for supplying building materials on time and at cost, as quoted. Not a cent over budget.

Does it fuck.

Well, I don't know about that. You're probably assuming a boat made of oak or similar hardwood. The ark is made of gopher wood. People keep forgetting that. With gopher wood, all things are possible.
Good enough stuff that Noah could make laminating out of it. Noah was ahead of his time. Too bad he drank all of his knowledge away post-flood.

Maybe the original story about gopher wood was referring to Noah's penis.

Does anyone know Hebrew?

Into the stormy wet vagina from which all life emerges. That's a helluva boat. Hardens up just when it needs to.

Gophers at the time were renowned for the quality of their building material, getting generous concessions from Noah for supplying building materials on time and at cost, as quoted. Not a cent over budget.

Budget ? What budget ?
Why would Noah bother paying all his contractors once the boat was completed ? A far as the good book goes, he didnt pay them and invite them onboard or did he ?

A Bad Day for the Lord God of Creation is a Bad Day indeed.

I'd rather have a bad day as God, than a good day fishing...

I never understood the "bad day of fishing is better than..." idiom. I mean, even an AVERAGE day at work is more satisfying and pleasant than a day on a small boat, tossed in a storm, with all my friends drowning to death...

Back
Top Bottom