• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Biden or Trump too old?

To notify a split thread.
The regime cannot possibly be richer by getting limiting access to their funds. The regime’s liquidity has improved but their wealth has not changed. Do try to be more precise in your vocabulary.
Splitting hairs again, I see. Your assessment is contingent on belief that these funds legitimately belong to the Tehran regime. I think that regime is illegitimate to begin with, however, and it does not legitimately control anything belonging to the state and people of Iran. But ok, I will give it to you for the sake of argument. They have more liquidity so they can funnel even more funds to Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad. Better now?
Writers are responsible for their vagueness which may lead to incorrect inferences.
Not necessarily. I never implied "US taxpayer money". If my statement was as vague as you say, then making specific inferences about the source of money is even less appropriate, not more.

Eh, we were holding THEIR money and they were hiding OUR people. We traded.
We were also holding some Iranians prisoners. We got a few people, they got a few people PLUS a few billion dollars.

The thing about unseating ( or propping up) brutal dictatorships is what comes next. It’s not neat and clean and is not always an improvement.
Given that many Iranians are far more moderate than the Tehran regime, I think we should take that chance.
This is diametrically opposite to the situation in Saudi Arabia. There the populace is more religiously radical than MbS. So the fall of the House of Saud would be disastrous. The fall of the Tehran theocrats would likely be a very good thing for the world.

did you personally vote for him?
Yes.
If not then there was no bait and switch because you didn’t take the bait. If the people who *did* vote be or him are unhappy with his performance they can vote for someone else in the next election.
The problem is that right now it's shaping up to be an election between a giant douche and a shit sandwich.

The regime cannot possibly be richer by getting limiting access to their funds. The regime’s liquidity has improved but their wealth has not changed. Do try to be more precise in your vocabulary.
Splitting hairs again, I see. Your assessment is contingent on belief that these funds legitimately belong to the Tehran regime. I think that regime is illegitimate to begin with, however, and it does not legitimately control anything belonging to the state and people of Iran. But ok, I will give it to you for the sake of argument. They have more liquidity so they can funnel even more funds to Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad. Better now?
Your unfounded beliefs about the legitimate ownership of those funds is immaterial unless you have evidence to support your beliefs. More referring to precision in language as “splitting hairs” appears hypocritical from someone who routinely chastises others for perceived vagueness or spelling errors.

Only time will tell how this increase in liquidity along with the fungibility of funds leads to more funding for terrorism. I expect it will.
Derec said:
Not necessarily. I never implied "US taxpayer money". If my statement was as vague as you say, then making specific inferences about the source of money is even less appropriate, not more.
Yes necessarily. Your initial post on this mirrored the moronic uttering of a member of the Freedom Caucus of the GOP.

People, including you and me, draw inferences from posts. Generally, people think their conclusion is correct, but mistakes happen.

Vivek Ramaswamy, too incompetent, too stupid.
Ron DeSantis, too stupid, extreme, too incompetent.
Somebody who graduated from Harvard and Yale, esp. without the benefit of racial preferences in admissions, is hardly "stupid".
Why?

There is no one more dangerous than a clever fool. Vivek wants to fire 75% of Federal employees, destroying the U.S. government and plunging the U.S. into a deep depression. All those Ivy League degrees didn't make Vivek smart, or competent. And amazingly, some people do not realize why his stated campaign goals are beyond stupid.

Because those school have rigorous admissions requirements (unless you have the politically correct skin color) and academically rigorous curricula.
That certainly was untrue when Desantis was admitted, And I know plenty of people who graduated from top schools who are pretty much idiots outside of their narrow interests.

There is no one more dangerous than a clever fool. Vivek wants to fire 75% of Federal employees, destroying the U.S. government and plunging the U.S. into a deep depression. All those Ivy League degrees didn't make Vivek smart, or competent. And amazingly, some people do not realize why his stated campaign goals are beyond stupid.
You may disagree with his proposals. I do too. But he is not stupid. Look at the other thread, about the gun task force. Kamala Harris is also not stupid. I take issue with both their judgments. But it is wrong to call them stupid.

The article specifically states that this negative tax proposal was not UBI.
Technically, a negative income tax is a form of a universal basic income depending on how it is implemented.
Derec said:
And as I said, while different than this proposal, what we have now is effectively negative income tax rate for many parents due to all the refundable tax credits they have access to.
The EITC is available to households with no children.

Your unfounded beliefs about the legitimate ownership of those funds is immaterial unless you have evidence to support your beliefs. More referring to precision in language as “splitting hairs” appears hypocritical from someone who routinely chastises others for perceived vagueness or spelling errors.

"Richer" vs. "more liquid" is splitting hairs when the issue is giving a regime funds with which they can fund more international terrorism.
My belief is founded by the fact that the Ayatiollahs illegitimately took power in 1979 and have been repressing the Iranian people ever since.

Only time will tell how this increase in liquidity along with the fungibility of funds leads to more funding for terrorism. I expect it will.
Then you don't even disagree about my conclusions. You just like gainsaying whatever I say. Forget it. I ain't paying!
c8f17fe8-bf40-4dd5-b7b2-45ea898e9567_text.gif

Yes necessarily. Your initial post on this mirrored the moronic uttering of a member of the Freedom Caucus of the GOP.
If they said that it was US taxpayer money, they would be wrong, but it would not be mirroring my statement. If they didn't, then it was hardly moronic.

Note that this is coming after Obama administration, of which Biden was a part, pulled this shit once already. Only this was on an even bigger scale.
US sent plane with $400 million in cash to Iran
So Biden certainly should have known better.
lv2nlr7ows841.jpg

Last edited:
You need a citation fir legacy admissions and sports scholarships?
I need citation that when RdS and VR were admitted Harvard and Yale lacked rigorous academic standards in admissions and/or curriculum.
Also some evidence that either were admitted for things other than academic merit.
RdS graduated from Yale undergrad magna cum laude and from Harvard Law cum laude.
VR graduated Harvard undergrad summa cum laude.

Still insist that these two are "stupid"?

did you personally vote for him?
Yes.

Fair enough then. I retract my comment. You may legitimately be feeling a bait and switch.

If not then there was no bait and switch because you didn’t take the bait. If the people who *did* vote be or him are unhappy with his performance they can vote for someone else in the next election.
The problem is that right now it's shaping up to be an election between a giant douche and a shit sandwich.
Though Biden has never been my first choice for a Democratic nominee I certainly prefer him over Trump.

Though Biden has never been my first choice for a Democratic nominee I certainly prefer him over Trump.
Me too. But it is still frustrating how different he has become in office.
I agree that it was a bit surprising to see him take on some of the more left-ish policies of his party. And I can understand that someone expecting a more moderate version would feel the way you do.

"Richer" vs. "more liquid" is splitting hairs when the issue is giving a regime funds with which they can fund more international terrorism.
My belief is founded by the fact that the Ayatiollahs illegitimately took power in 1979 and have been repressing the Iranian people ever since.
In other words, you are babbling to save face.

Derec said:
Then you don't even disagree about my conclusions….
I see your continuing problem with reading English prevent nuanced thinking. You made a claim of certainty while I did not.

Derec said:
If they said that it was US taxpayer money, they would be wrong, but it would not be mirroring my statement. If they didn't, then it was hardly moronic.
They spouted their nonsense prior to your post - you mirrored their vagueness and misuse of language even if it was inadvertent on your part.

You need a citation fir legacy admissions and sports scholarships?
I need citation that when RdS and VR were admitted Harvard and Yale lacked rigorous academic standards in admissions and/or curriculum.
Also some evidence that either were admitted for things other than academic merit.
RdS graduated from Yale undergrad magna cum laude and from Harvard Law cum laude.
VR graduated Harvard undergrad summa cum laude.

Still insist that these two are "stupid"?
Since Harvard had legacy admissions in July 2023 and continue to have sports scholarships, I find your demand truly fascinating. Would you also like a citation that liquid water is wet?

The rest of your demands are driven by a wrong inference. My “why” referred to your implicit claim that they could not be stupid because they graduated from Harvard and Yale.

Back
Top Bottom