• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Biden or Trump too old?

To notify a split thread.

Toni

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Peace on Earth, goodwill towards all
:staffwarn:
SPLIT from here. https://iidb.org/threads/mississipp...ease-bill-texas-responds-w-hold-my-beer.27109

You have a burden of proof for establishing any particular claim of fundamental difference.
You're insisting that the burden of proof that the earth is not flat falls on the person who has observed that it is round based on centuries of research and observations of material reality.

Seriously, how the fuck am I supposed to "prove" that your baseless belief is wrong? How do you prove that god does not exist?
Yes, the burden of proof that the earth is not flat DOES fall on the people making the claim. However this was a very easy burden to satisfy by all manner of circumnavigation, geometry, and other means. Just as there is a burden of those claiming the earth IS flat, a burden of proof which they inevitably fail.

The only ones there without a burden are the ones who don't make either claim

You are the one who poses a baseless belief that people born with a penis, and with NO mechanism whatsoever, not even significant brain differences, are somehow magically more likely to commit some form of fucked up behavior.

The much more reasonable perspective is to say "if there is a mechanism, it is observable, so let's figure out what and if there is such a mechanism".

We did that.

It is the mechanism of a brain tensor which is not "sex locked" even if sex-correlated , and a hormone which is additionally interdictable.
You haven't bothered to post any support for your extremely unusual beliefs. Therefore, I feel comfortable rejecting them as nothing more than the wishes that they appear to be.
"Extremely unusual beliefs" such as that when people looked for gendered brain differences, they found them, they were minor, and that the only other mechanism that has been observed is hormonal signaling?

You seem to be handwaving away research simply because it's been a while since the last time you ignored it.

If you wish to claim some third mechanism which impacts the behavioral center, THEN you have a burden of proof to show it is real.

If you wish to propose some chemical differentiation that explains why the little girl on the track team with zero hormones underperforms even compared to the rest of her team beyond the relative lack of testosterone (and also estrogen), likewise you have a burden.

All the research based regulations on hormones in sports indicate that after a sufficient period, all physical benefits of testosterone aside from particular bone structures (ones which in fact also grow that way as a result of puberty, mostly) indicates that it is exactly huge doses of testosterone which cause the differences we see through puberty, and that most of these disappear promptly with cessation of steroid exposure.
There are zero living human beings on this planet functioning with zero hormones. Even estrogen and testosterone. Zero.
President Biden? Oh wait you said living.
Hey, get off Joe, willya. I know he's a decade or two past the age most of us would prefer to have a sitting president but he's still way better than any Republican since Eisenhower.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a burden of proof for establishing any particular claim of fundamental difference.
You're insisting that the burden of proof that the earth is not flat falls on the person who has observed that it is round based on centuries of research and observations of material reality.

Seriously, how the fuck am I supposed to "prove" that your baseless belief is wrong? How do you prove that god does not exist?
Yes, the burden of proof that the earth is not flat DOES fall on the people making the claim. However this was a very easy burden to satisfy by all manner of circumnavigation, geometry, and other means. Just as there is a burden of those claiming the earth IS flat, a burden of proof which they inevitably fail.

You are the one who poses a baseless belief that people born with a penis, and with NO mechanism whatsoever, not even significant brain differences, are somehow magically more likely to commit some form of fucked up behavior.

The much more reasonable perspective is to say "if there is a mechanism, it is observable, so let's figure out what and if there is such a mechanism".

We did that.

It is the mechanism of a brain tensor which is not "sex locked" even if sex-correlated , and a hormone which is additionally interdictable.
You haven't bothered to post any support for your extremely unusual beliefs. Therefore, I feel comfortable rejecting them as nothing more than the wishes that they appear to be.
"Extremely unusual beliefs" such as that when people looked for gendered brain differences, they found them, they were minor, and that the only other mechanism that has been observed is hormonal signaling?

You seem to be handwaving away research simply because it's been a while since the last time you ignored it.

If you wish to claim some third mechanism which impacts the behavioral center, THEN you have a burden of proof to show it is real.

If you wish to propose some chemical differentiation that explains why the little girl on the track team with zero hormones underperforms even compared to the rest of her team beyond the relative lack of testosterone (and also estrogen), likewise you have a burden.

All the research based regulations on hormones in sports indicate that after a sufficient period, all physical benefits of testosterone aside from particular bone structures (ones which in fact also grow that way as a result of puberty, mostly) indicates that it is exactly huge doses of testosterone which cause the differences we see through puberty, and that most of these disappear promptly with cessation of steroid exposure.
There are zero living human beings on this planet functioning with zero hormones. Even estrogen and testosterone. Zero.
Hey, get off Joe, willya. I know he's a decade or two past the age most of us would prefer to have a sitting president but he's still way better than any Republican since Eisenhower.
A decade or two? Dude named the Jurassic Period... at the time.

We did that.

A decade or two? Dude named the Jurassic Period... at the time.
He's still cognitively intact, which is more than a few other POTUS could say at years younger than he was at the start of his term.

Honestly, the idea that he's going to run for re-election fills me with so much cringe. That Trump is still planning to run is even cringier.
In order to reduce the bleed out the US is suffering right now, we need minority turnout. Minorities helped win the nomination for Biden and then they put him over on Election Day.

There is little sexy about Biden, but he really is better at the spine portion of the job than the lesser experienced Obama. And despite having a razor-wire margin of majorities in Congress, he helped manage to accomplish more than could ever have been imagined. Do I want someone who was around back during the days of the extinction of dinosaurs to be President? Not as my first choice, but he seems to have knack for turnout and the job.

Honestly, the idea that he's going to run for re-election fills me with so much cringe. That Trump is still planning to run is even cringier.
In order to reduce the bleed out the US is suffering right now, we need minority turnout. Minorities helped win the nomination for Biden and then they put him over on Election Day.

There is little sexy about Biden, but he really is better at the spine portion of the job than the lesser experienced Obama. And despite having a razor-wire margin of majorities in Congress, he helped manage to accomplish more than could ever have been imagined. Do I want someone who was around back during the days of the extinction of dinosaurs to be President? Not as my first choice, but he seems to have knack for turnout and the job.
Obama could not afford to act as anything more than a centrist. Biden is white and very establishment. It keeps the white folk calm.

Why?

I was not at all happy when he threw his hat into the ring in 2020. But he won—thank heavens—abd has been about 100 times better than I anticipated. Yes, I wish he were younger but he’s fairly accomplished —has managed much more than I hoped for-/and is pretty drama free.
First off, he's ancient. You seem to think he's cognitively fine, I'm not so convinced.

Secondly, he's been infringing on women's rights since his first day in office. Republicans are whittling away at our bodily autonomy, Democrats - led by Biden - are whittling away at our ability to take part in society on equal footing. He has been leading the charge to overhaul Title IX, giving males the privilege of competing in female leagues if they feel like it, giving males the right to use female locker rooms and showers in school if they feel like - and all with ZERO requirement for a diagnosis of gender dysphoria or any kind of treatment at all, just based on their claim to feel like a woman. Biden has been consistently chipping away at women's right to consent - or more importantly to withhold consent, by effectively making it a right for males to see us when we're naked against our will, or to expose themselves to us against our will... so long as those men say the magic words that they're "transwomen".

And he fucking brought Dylan Mulvaney to the white house to interview him and congratulation him on "being so brave" as to "become" a woman. Dylan's entire thing is a fucking publicity stunt, and it's transparently based on horrifically misogynistic stereotypes of women. He's made bank on doing "365 days of girlhood" as a grown fucking man, all while parading around as a caricature of a teenage girl.

Trump is worse, sure. No argument there. But Biden can go rot in a whole as far as I'm concerned, along with all of the other democrats who are complicit in effectively erasing our sex-based rights, and to subjugating the material reality of sex to the magically imbued subjective soul of gender identity.

Republicans obviously are trying to strip women of our rights by removing access to abortion and contraception. Democrats are obliquely trying to strip us of our rights by making it impossible for anyone to know what the fuck a woman is in the first place, and by elevating self-proclaimed gender identity to a place of prominence above sex.

I'm seriously hoping that someone else knocks both Biden and Trump out of contention. I want neither of them. To be brutally honest, I would be happier if both the Republican party and the Democrat party went down on the flaming wreckage of a party boat, preferably somewhere in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.

Why?

I was not at all happy when he threw his hat into the ring in 2020. But he won—thank heavens—abd has been about 100 times better than I anticipated. Yes, I wish he were younger but he’s fairly accomplished —has managed much more than I hoped for-/and is pretty drama free.
First off, he's ancient. You seem to think he's cognitively fine, I'm not so convinced.
As a person who has seen a notable politician (local) who presumably has not the same capabilities as they had... Biden does NOT exhibit anything like those signs... other than his life long speech issues.
Secondly, he's been infringing on women's rights since his first day in office.
*rolls eyes*
Republicans are whittling away at our bodily autonomy, Democrats - led by Biden - are whittling away at our ability to take part in society on equal footing.
Women are close to dying because of abortion legislation and some people are Moore-Coultering the branding issue for women. Can you fucking prioritize?!
He has been leading the charge to overhaul Title IX, giving males the privilege of competing in female leagues if they feel like it, giving males the right to use female locker rooms and showers in school if they feel like - and all with ZERO requirement for a diagnosis of gender dysphoria or any kind of treatment at all, just based on their claim to feel like a woman.
Well, at least you actually support Title IX... as opposed to the alt-right'ers who were against Title IX until they were for excluding trans from it... you know, for the rights of the women.
Biden has been consistently chipping away at women's right to consent - or more importantly to withhold consent, by effectively making it a right for males to see us when we're naked against our will, or to expose themselves to us against our will... so long as those men say the magic words that they're "transwomen".
You repeating yourself now. You can't use the same thing five times to make the pile of complaints look bigger.
And he fucking brought Dylan Mulvaney to the white house to interview him and congratulation him on "being so brave" as to "become" a woman. Dylan's entire thing is a fucking publicity stunt, and it's transparently based on horrifically misogynistic stereotypes of women. He's made bank on doing "365 days of girlhood" as a grown fucking man, all while parading around as a caricature of a teenage girl.
I'm pretty certain that isn't a policy thing.
Trump is worse, sure. No argument there.
No... not worse. FUCKING INTOLERABLE. The SCOTUS judges his Presidency (or any GOP President) got us the most biased and unprofessional Christian Taliban SCOTUS In our nation's history. They are making Plessy v Ferguson and Dred Scot look like something they'd pen. The but Biden... is nothing. But nothing.
But Biden can go rot in a whole as far as I'm concerned, along with all of the other democrats who are complicit in effectively erasing our sex-based rights, and to subjugating the material reality of sex to the magically imbued subjective soul of gender identity.
Jebus fucking Christ. Talk about no sense of perspective and magnitude. Full out Moore-Coutler. The GOP wanted to kill Title IX. There would be no women's collegiate sports if it weren't for the Democrats.

I'm seriously hoping that someone else knocks both Biden and Trump out of contention. I want neither of them. To be brutally honest, I would be happier if both the Republican party and the Democrat party went down on the flaming wreckage of a party boat, preferably somewhere in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
Oh, not me. I'm not insensible to the foibles of the Democrats and there aren't enough bad words in any/all the existing languages to describe the horrors and the shortfallings of the GOP. But I've watched some third parties crash and burn--deservedly--from sheer incompetence flavored with no small seasoning of hubris.

I'd very much like to see a more progressive agenda and legislation than we are going to get under either party. That said---I have lived long enough and seen enough to know that slow and steady change is much, much safer and much more effective and much less likely to cause a war. And thank you but enough people I love have served in combat for me to have any thirst for war. Because war is what happens when change comes too quickly. War and unrest. And always, always, it is women and children who suffer the most during war. Even war of words.

So, I'm more than willing for Uncle Joe to provide the very safe old white guy cover that progressive legislations and initiatives require--yes, REQUIRE--in these times and frankly, in all times.

What my husband tells me is the last gasp of Regressive/White Power is absolutely determined to kill as many women as possible and enslave as many women and nonwhite Christian males as possible, even if only to low wages. I know that you and I are equally appalled and infuriated at the loss of rights for women in recent years. I shudder to think what is coming if the GOP ever gains control. We can't let it happen. Like it or not, the Democrats are all that is keeping that from happening.

And frankly, most people are not the firebrands that you and I and a lot of people on this board are. I would like to be able to just think about elections during election years and not worry about what fresh hell is about to be rained upon us next. I'd much rather think about the next book, the next film, the next exhibit that comes out, the next year's planting, the next trip, the next visit and KNOW that the future of my children and all the generations after is secure and healthy and happy.

Brandon is so old his birth certificate is in Latin. And he is obviously losing his marbles. Unfit for the job.

Trump lost his marbles long ago. He was so smart he is now in deep and serious legal troubles that may yet end his political career. Do they supply depends for inmates in Federal Prison?

Trump lost his marbles long ago. He was so smart he is now in deep and serious legal troubles that may yet end his political career. Do they supply depends for inmates in Federal Prison?
I mean, without a steady supply of drugs and hamburgers, perhaps Trump will become continent for the first time in the last 50 years.

Brandon is so old his birth certificate is in Latin. And he is obviously losing his marbles. Unfit for the job.
Ooh, do you write comedy in LA ?
Conservatives suck at comedy. Biden is so old, his chemistry school book's periodic table had only 6 elements.

However, it is funny how someone would claim another has senility problems, when all they do is repost the same thing over and over and over and over... like someone would do if they were senile.

Yeah... umm... it is this sort of disconnect that really helps me fear the future for my daughter in this country. The Democrats are the only chance she has at having sexual reproductive rights... (assuming she isn't gunned down by someone who benefited from the right-wing take on gun rights) and you are completely Moore-Coulter'ing the two-party American political system. Yes, I haven't been very happy with Democrats, but they have put forth judges that will expand rights, not retract them. That alone puts them way above the GOP.

"Democrats are just as bad..."

GOP votes against vote on ERA Amendment.

article said:
The ERA passed Congress in 1972, having been first proposed in 1923. Constitutional amendments, under U.S. law, must be ratified by three-quarters of all state legislatures, meaning 38 states.

In 2020, Virginia became the 38th state to ratify the ERA, but it did so after the 1982 deadline to ratify the amendment had passed.

The Senate resolution would have removed the deadline so that the ERA could become the 28th Amendment. Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and Murkowski were the resolution’s lead co-sponsors.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) argued throughout the week that the legislation was needed following the Supreme Court‘s ruling last summer that overturned Roe v. Wade.

"Democrats are just as bad..."

GOP votes against vote on ERA Amendment.

article said:
The ERA passed Congress in 1972, having been first proposed in 1923. Constitutional amendments, under U.S. law, must be ratified by three-quarters of all state legislatures, meaning 38 states.

In 2020, Virginia became the 38th state to ratify the ERA, but it did so after the 1982 deadline to ratify the amendment had passed.

The Senate resolution would have removed the deadline so that the ERA could become the 28th Amendment. Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and Murkowski were the resolution’s lead co-sponsors.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) argued throughout the week that the legislation was needed following the Supreme Court‘s ruling last summer that overturned Roe v. Wade.
Just gotta say that it's been GREAT being a woman where an amendment granting equal rights is just a step too far.

Yes. Very unfit. While Biden is trying to stabilize the supply chain, stop Russia and China from invading sovereign countries; Desantis is trying to preserve the US culture from the meanies at Disney.

Yes. Very unfit. While Biden is trying to stabilize the supply chain, stop Russia and China from invading sovereign countries; Desantis is trying to preserve the US culture from the meanies at Disney.
Protecting US culture from a central lynchpin of a huge portion of US culture...

Yes. Very unfit. While Biden is trying to stabilize the supply chain, stop Russia and China from invading sovereign countries; {snip}
Brandon's approval rating is in the toilet, an all time low.

But anyway, the man is a doddering cabbage. Not fit for the job. But if he's your guy, ok (y)

Back
Top Bottom