• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden still 1000x better than Trump or any other GOP, people are saying

Back on topic, if anything is an indication polls are unreliable it's the recent results in special elections. I guess in a perverse way Trump did get the average US citizen more politically active.

Oh, and go Biden. He is quite literally the best hope for humanity at the moment.

Fuck Biden, the worst president ever. He is the biggest threat to humanity ever (Hitler included)
Not that you'd know - you have a lot of delusions about life in the US. Not to mention your delusions about your own neighbors...
In order of likelihood to destroy the planet:

Putin/RUS
Kim/PRK
Xi/China
Alvi/Pakistan
UK/Whoever (No idea who can pull that trigger)
Macron/France
US/Biden

Realistically, only the top three are individuals who can unilaterally make the decision and have it acted upon.

Seriously? Two seconds of Googling would provide the answer:

The UK’s nuclear deterrent is operationally independent. Only the Prime Minister can authorise the use of our nuclear weapons even if deployed as part of a NATO response.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...t/uk-nuclear-deterrence-what-you-need-to-know

Rishi Sunak has been the prime minister since 25 October 2022.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_the_United_Kingdom

Seriously? Two seconds of Googling would provide the answer:

The UK’s nuclear deterrent is operationally independent. Only the Prime Minister can authorise the use of our nuclear weapons even if deployed as part of a NATO response.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...t/uk-nuclear-deterrence-what-you-need-to-know

Rishi Sunak has been the prime minister since 25 October 2022.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_the_United_Kingdom
Thanks… I’m hardly the wiser though. Should they be higher or lower on the list?
(I consider the possibility of a first use of nukes by any country other than the Big Three quite remote.)

Fuck Biden, the worst president ever.
Not surprised that you hate Biden so much. He's really helping to stop the Russian plan for conquest of Eastern Europe!
Do Eastern Europe know it? Slovakia and Hungary certainly don't.
I am not joking when I say that Biden and the whole american political regime is the greatest threat to humanity.
Unless you change your regime we are doomed. Electing Vivek or Kennedy would be a small step in the right direction.
Though I have doubts about both. Trump had his chances and failed. And he is simply dumb.

Polls don't all show that Biden is losing in swing states. They are all over he place and I like what former Republican David Brooks said in an opinion piece the other day. He said polls were about venting not about voting. In other words, people use polls to vent about what they dislike about the candidates, despite often voting for the one that they vented about. Brooks who now supports Biden thinks that De
Polls are no longer good for much.
The only respondents are those who answer calls from “unknown caller” and those too hapless to know what call they’re answering. I feel comfortable assuming that polls today generally skew toward Teh Stoopid for that reason, and there are other self-selection factors in play; Agent Orange promoting lying as a virtue is among the confounders.
Some people don't have a realistic choice about answering unknown numbers. Yeah, I get crap but if I didn't I would miss important stuff.

Fuck Biden, the worst president ever. He is the biggest threat to humanity ever (Hitler included)
Not that you'd know - you have a lot of delusions about life in the US. Not to mention your delusions about your own neighbors...

Putin/RUS
Kim/PRK
Xi/China
Alvi/Pakistan
Macron/France
US/Biden

Realistically, only the top three are individuals who can unilaterally make the decision and have it acted upon.
I question #2. Yes, he can pull the trigger but he doesn't have the capability to destroy the planet. I also question whether Pakistan, India (which you didn't list) and Israel (which, again, you didn't list) have the capability, either. They can make a very big mess but not destroy it all.

(I consider the possibility of a first use of nukes by any country other than the Big Three quite remote.)
I would worry about Pakistan. The fundies currently have a large power block but not control. If they had access to a bomb I would worry about them using it for a terrorist type attack.

Destroy the planet? Not really. I mean, the planet has been hit by a Mars-sized missile (Thea...theoretically) a whole bunch of smaller bits (late bombardment) and an asteroid the size of my hometown (66 million years ago) and it's still around, but Barbie's assertion that Biden is the "biggest threat to humanity ever" is also way, way off.

Biden is a middling public servant whose only superpower is that he's just been around so damned long that he's got a handle on how the system works that Trump simply can't begin to grasp.

It's a bit like that scene in Star Trek II, the Wrath of Khan. The villain gets the jump on our heroes because nobody sees him coming, but Kirk saves the day because he knows how things work on a star ship. He's got access to the prefix code, shuts down Khan's shields, and kneecaps the bad guy. Khan is a "stable genius," but to quote Mr. Spock: "He's intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates...two dimensional thinking."

Trump is Khan. Filled with rage, convinced of his own superiority, and ultimately short-sighted and inexperienced.

Some years ago...about the time Trump was trashing the Iran nuclear deal, I explained to a friend why it was so stupid and short-sighted of him to do so. Iran's leaders were presented with an offer. Give up your nuclear ambitions temporarily in exchange for sanctions relief and access to markets. The ayatollahs agreed, thinking they could just shelve the program for a bit while they built up the economy. Give us 10 years, western infidels, and we'll unleash revolution on you!

But 10 years down the road (had the deal held), the octogenarian ayatollahs would all be dead. The people who remembered the "glorious Islamic revolution" would be hitting retirement age. The young people - and Iran's population was mostly under 30 when the deal was put in place - would be having kids of their own and would have been living in a society less burdened by crippling sanctions and able to enjoy a few more freedoms. Okay - the leaders would say when the deal was up for renewal - let's give it another decade. When 20 years had gone by, the mullahs would be long gone, and the 30-somethings at the time the deal was made would be 50, and in charge of the country. The appeal of "raining fire down on the infidels" would be a distant memory.

The Iran nuclear deal -while not perfect - was an example of long term strategic thinking. It might not have paid off immediately, but a decade or two later it would produce results.

Trump operates on the timeline of "what will get me clicks NOW?" Biden operates on the timeline of "what will this mean for my grandchildren?" In the broader context, this is what we're dealing with in regards to climate change. Yes, cutting regulations and giving subsidies to fossil fuel companies will goose the quarterly earnings, but our grandkids will be fucked.

Trump is Khan. Filled with rage, convinced of his own superiority, and ultimately short-sighted and inexperienced.
If we're comparing Trump to a fictional character he is 100% Joffrey if he lived to...I was going to say grow up but you get my point.

The Iran nuclear deal -while not perfect - was an example of long term strategic thinking.
You do realize that US plan with that deal was to make Iran violate it and use it as a pretext for war? When Iran did not, they simply exited the deal. Yes, it was not Trump, it was neocons.

The Iran nuclear deal -while not perfect - was an example of long term strategic thinking.
You do realize that US plan with that deal was to make Iran violate it and use it as a pretext for war? When Iran did not, they simply exited the deal. Yes, it was not Trump, it was neocons.
The neocons never liked that deal from the very start. If what you said was true, the neocons would have supported it. But they didn't so you're wrong, as your usual.

The neocons never liked that deal from the very start. If what you said was true, the neocons would have supported it. But they didn't so you're wrong, as your usual.
Yes, babs is delusional. But everyone here already knew that. It’s all just point-and-laugh stupidity any more.
Pity, too; I did appreciate some of his posts on other subjects before he ODed on Pootey-flavored Kool Ade.

It's also worth noting there is someone else thinks barbos is delusional in thinking Trump didn't want to kill the Iran Deal and that's Donald Fucking Trump.

It's also worth noting there is someone else thinks barbos is delusional in thinking Trump didn't want to kill the Iran Deal and that's Donald Fucking Trump.

What the neocon Teapartiers like Trump did was even worse than just reignite tension with Iran.

They let everyone know that the USA cannot be trusted to keep a peace deal for longer than a political cycle. Not even one as important and useful as our deal with Iran.

After decades of U.S. attacks on Iran, Obama and his staff(Biden and Clinton) had finally given Iran a path to peaceful and mutually beneficial relations. Teapartiers sabotaged that and Trump killed it.
Tom

ETA ~Of course barbos likes that because now Iran is supporting Russia and Islamic terrorists.~

Back
Top Bottom