• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden still 1000x better than Trump or any other GOP, people are saying

Biden doesn't have a cake walk, the Dems are almost certainly losing the Senate.

But the Democrats have a strong shot at regaining the House and Biden's path to the White House isn't nearly as precarious as being led on. I caught a little progressive radio on my long drive yesterday (and a lot of right-wing radio), and the prog guy was wondering why the media isn't reporting Trump's gaffes on the population of North Korea or leader of China, while any small thing with Biden seems to make the news.

Right-wing radio seemed to be in the varying stages of grief. If I was the right-wing, I'd be scared to death that Ramaswammy has come out of no where to become a potential contender based solely on insults. Looks like Don Rickles was before his time and could have been President.

Biden doesn't have a cake walk, the Dems are almost certainly losing the Senate.

But the Democrats have a strong shot at regaining the House and Biden's path to the White House isn't nearly as precarious as being led on. I caught a little progressive radio on my long drive yesterday (and a lot of right-wing radio), and the prog guy was wondering why the media isn't reporting Trump's gaffes on the population of North Korea or leader of China, while any small thing with Biden seems to make the news.

Right-wing radio seemed to be in the varying stages of grief. If I was the right-wing, I'd be scared to death that Ramaswammy has come out of no where to become a potential contender based solely on insults. Looks like Don Rickles was before his time and could have been President.
Any small thing with Biden makes the news because there's a lot of money to be made in a contentious election, and that doesn't happen if the incumbent is a shoo-in.

For profit media makes this a thing.
I'm almost tempted to say that free speech can only be free when it isn't paid speech.

I watched Biden's little speech yesterday, with some UAW workers. He was very sharp. He joked a lot and I have no problem voting for him for second term, especially considering the other option, who frequently confuses things, who brags about taking down Roe v Wade and who claims he will make a second term about revenge.

Polls don't all show that Biden is losing in swing states. They are all over he place and I like what former Republican David Brooks said in an opinion piece the other day. He said polls were about venting not about voting. In other words, people use polls to vent about what they dislike about the candidates, despite often voting for the one that they vented about. Brooks who now supports Biden thinks that Dems are over reacting to the negative polls. So, there is hope and Biden is finally attacking Trump. He needs to do that fiercely as there is so much to attack when it comes to Trump. Let's go Joe! :)

He can't attack Trump, he must attack the GOP. If Trump doesn't get the nomination, you need people to realize that just because the candidate isn't a full on jerk (well only if it is Haley I suppose), that it is the same rotting agenda with better messaging.

Polls don't all show that Biden is losing in swing states. They are all over he place and I like what former Republican David Brooks said in an opinion piece the other day. He said polls were about venting not about voting. In other words, people use polls to vent about what they dislike about the candidates, despite often voting for the one that they vented about. Brooks who now supports Biden thinks that De
Polls are no longer good for much.
The only respondents are those who answer calls from “unknown caller” and those too hapless to know what call they’re answering. I feel comfortable assuming that polls today generally skew toward Teh Stoopid for that reason, and there are other self-selection factors in play; Agent Orange promoting lying as a virtue is among the confounders.

Polls don't all show that Biden is losing in swing states. They are all over he place and I like what former Republican David Brooks said in an opinion piece the other day. He said polls were about venting not about voting. In other words, people use polls to vent about what they dislike about the candidates, despite often voting for the one that they vented about. Brooks who now supports Biden thinks that De
Polls are no longer good for much.
The only respondents are those who answer calls from “unknown caller” and those too hapless to know what call they’re answering. I feel comfortable assuming that polls today generally skew toward Teh Stoopid for that reason, and there are other self-selection factors in play; Agent Orange promoting lying as a virtue is among the confounders.
I agree, although they don't just come from unknown callers. I got a call last year that identified itself as a poll, but since like you, I think they are worthless, I didn't bother to answer it. Brooks point is that even when people answer the polls, they aren't always truthful, and they are often using them to vent. So, yeah. Polls are worthless for many reasons. I have all of my spam calls blocked, so if you're not in my directory, I'm not gonna answer or hear the ring. People can leave me a voice mail if they want and I'll decide if I need to return the call or not.

He can't attack Trump, he must attack the GOP. If Trump doesn't get the nomination, you need people to realize that just because the candidate isn't a full on jerk (well only if it is Haley I suppose), that it is the same rotting agenda with better messaging.
Sure, but I think he really needs to go after Trump personally, as well. Besides, it's going to be extremely difficult for anyone but Trump to be the nominee. If there was just one other person running against him, maybe.....but just like in 2016, there are too many people running against Trump, so the Trump cult will likely prevail.

Sure, but I think he really needs to go after Trump personally, as well. Besides, it's going to be extremely difficult for anyone but Trump to be the nominee. If there was just one other person running against him, maybe.....but just like in 2016, there are too many people running against Trump, so the Trump cult will likely prevail.
There is logic there. Haley is Kasich, DeSantis is Cruz. We were here in 2016. But the trials could impact things... granted, guilty verdicts could just as easily cement Trump's nomination. All I can say with certainty is that Trump just makes things harder to forecast, especially in a primary.

Looking at the polls, Halley's biggest problem is that DeSantis lost support... and it went to Trump, not to her. She clearly is the best option for them. But right now, she is in third. She is trending up, but very slowly.

There is logic there. Haley is Kasich, DeSantis is Cruz. We were here in 2016. But the trials could impact things... granted, guilty verdicts could just as easily cement Trump's nomination. All I can say with certainty is that Trump just makes things harder to forecast, especially in a primary.

Looking at the polls, Halley's biggest problem is that DeSantis lost support... and it went to Trump, not to her. She clearly is the best option for them. But right now, she is in third. She is trending up, but very slowly.
The only candidate that doesn't scare the shit out of me is Chris Christie. Sure, like any other Republican or politician for that matter, he can be a bit corrupt and being from New Jersey, like I am, he can also be a total asshole. But, compared to the rest of them, he's somewhat moderate and would likely be willing to work with the Democrats. He's smart and he doesn't want to destroy democracy. I also think he'd be a great standup comedian. We need some humor in government. He doesn't have a chance of winning the nomination, but I'm glad that he's at least out there being a hardcore Jersey boy and beating up on Trump.

I don't care for Haley and I don't trust her. She's a hypocrite and very far right imo. She'd suck up to Trump in a minute if necessary. It wouldn't surprise me if she ran as his VP, despite finally starting to criticize him in the last debate. She's not as bad as Trump or DeSantis but that's not saying anything.

Trump is a disgusting pig, and Biden is simply evil. They are both bad.
Like anybody is going to accept your judgement on the issue. :rolleyes:
I don't expect you to. But most of the world does not accept your judgement on the issue.
“Most of the world” has no say in the matter, or you wouldn’t have a genocidal sociopath dictating your country.

Ukraine can exist as part of Russia just fine. As they did before.
Why not go all the way back - Russia can exist as part of Ukraine just fine. No need for the petty Pootey dictator.

Back
Top Bottom