• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Biden wants to Appoint Communist to take over Banking: Scary & Unbelievable

Wow, I'm thinking of another word that starts with C and end wit T. Not communist though. It's only four letters, the word I'm thinking.

I think Gneration55 is part of an extreme right wing cult. The kind where they just argue inside their heads and win every argument.

It's better than the upside down world of liberal land where America is systemically racist but immigrants die trying to get into this systemically racist country, where men can be women and women can be men, and where the government should do everything for us while also making jokes about how inept the DMV is.

I prefer reality. That's my cult.

What I love is freedom. And since I love freedom so much, I want the government to do as less as possible and stay out of everyone's lives. The only time the government should interfere is to protect life and liberty. It is not there to control my money. That doesn't improve my life and liberty.

So why won't you release that research paper you wrote? You know...the one where you researched all the writings of Friedrich Engels and fully endorsed them? Sure, you were in college back then, but what are you trying to hide by burying that paper?

I'm just asking questions.
I highly doubt G55 went to college since he seems to have no idea that providing quotes and sources to back up his opinions is a requirement there.

What I love is freedom. And since I love freedom so much, I want the government to do as less as possible and stay out of everyone's lives. The only time the government should interfere is to protect life and liberty. It is not there to control my money. That doesn't improve my life and liberty.

So why won't you release that research paper you wrote? You know...the one where you researched all the writings of Friedrich Engels and fully endorsed them? Sure, you were in college back then, but what are you trying to hide by burying that paper?

Terrible. She never denied the existence of said paper. She just won't show it or give any reasons why she won't show it. I suppose I'll just assume she loves capitalism, just like the Squad who backs her, too. They've also been known to say loving things about capitalism and bash Marx all the time.

The great thing about capialism is that any moron can become rich and hit it big. This drives innovation and fuels growth like no other system. People get the ideas and become rich off the idea, and people end up getting jobs and using the products and services provided for them by the people who came up with the ideas. People get rich by making yotube videos of them eating food. Capitalism is the greatest. There is no denying it. Yo look silly trying.

The great thing about capialism is that any moron can become rich and hit it big. This drives innovation and fuels growth like no other system. People get the ideas and become rich off the idea, and people end up getting jobs and using the products and services provided for them by the people who came up with the ideas. People get rich by making yotube videos of them eating food. Capitalism is the greatest. There is no denying it. Yo look silly trying.
Then why haven't you done so?

I highly doubt G55 went to college since he seems to have no idea that providing quotes and sources to back up his opinions is a requirement there.

Which opinion? That capitalism is the greatest system and trying to tear it down for Marxism is one of the dumbest ideas ever thought of? My proof is capitalist countries across the world compared to communist dictatorships. South Korea is a bastion of free market capialism and a very rich and prosperous country. North Korea, a communist utopia right next door and it has nothing. Ever look up North Korea and South Kore at night from space? South Korea is fully lit up and North Korea is pitch black. If you ask me, North Korea just needs capitalism.

Why haven't you? People make use of their talent in different ways. If someone wants to work a minimum wage job, that is fine. Just don't expect to get paid more than that. I have had so many talks with communists at various jobs throughout my life. I asked one of them, "Why don't you try to get a better job than this?" He said, "Well, I'm a communist. If I try for something better, I'll feel like a sellout. I just want to be paid more for doing this job." This is the communist mentality. Why try because I should just be paid more because I say so. Selfishness. Nothing more.

Why haven't you? People make use of their talent in different ways. If someone wants to work a minimum wage job, that is fine. Just don't expect to get paid more than that. I have had so many talks with communists at various jobs throughout my life. I asked one of them, "Why don't you try to get a better job than this?" He said, "Well, I'm a communist. If I try for something better, I'll feel like a sellout. I just want to be paid more for doing this job." This is the communist mentality. Why try because I should just be paid more because I say so. Selfishness. Nothing more.
I asked you first. Another deflection.

Which opinion? That capitalism is the greatest system and trying to tear it down for Marxism is one of the dumbest ideas ever thought of? My proof is capitalist countries across the world compared to communist dictatorships. South Korea is a bastion of free market capialism and a very rich and prosperous country. North Korea, a communist utopia right next door and it has nothing. Ever look up North Korea and South Kore at night from space? South Korea is fully lit up and North Korea is pitch black. If you ask me, North Korea just needs capitalism.
So mainland China - a country which is run by a self-identified "communist" party - is in fact a dirt poor nation which lives in the dark and totally does not have Walmart, Buick, and gleaming cities filled with banks and billionaires.

Got it.

So mainland China - a country which is run by a self-identified "communist" party - is in fact a dirt poor nation which lives in the dark and totally does not have Walmart, Buick, and gleaming cities filled with banks and billionaires.

Got it.

The irony of this is that China did not get lifted out of poverty and become a world power until they embraced capitalism. They have very authoritarian elements in their government with their crackdowns on people's freedoms. Remember that Hitler allowed businesses and people to get rich, too. China has kept some authoritarian Marxist elements in government when it comes to censorship and controlling their people, but they are not full blown communist. This would be like saying that North Korea is democratic just because it's in their name. Names can be deceptive. Cuba was communist and look at them. Sort of like how ANTIFA claims to be anti-fascist but they are actually fascist. They burn down buildings, loot, take over city streets for months at a time, government won't stop them.

The irony of this is that China did not get lifted out of poverty and become a world power until they embraced capitalism.
So authoritarian capitalism = good. Joe Biden = bad.

This is quite the enlightening conversation.

But you still haven't revealed that paper you wrote where you praised Engels. What's holding you back?

The irony of this is that China did not get lifted out of poverty and become a world power until they embraced capitalism.
So authoritarian capitalism = good. Joe Biden = bad.

This is quite the enlightening conversation.

But you still haven't revealed that paper you wrote where you praised Engels. What's holding you back?

I never said authoritarian capitalism is good, but it's preferable to authoritarian communism. I prefer free market capitalism with no government involvement. Capitalism grows because of the invisible hand of the free market. Adam Smith wrote about this. China's poor people are now richer than they ever were. Same with America's poor. Why? Because the benefits that the rich provide always ends up trickling down. Regan was just stating common sense. Jeff Bezos would not be rich if no one wanted his products and services. Plenty of businesses start and fail because customers don't want it. People love Amazon. They want it every day. They want everything with 1 day shipping. Don't blame Bezos for this.

Also, have you heard of Hasan Piker? He's one of the msot popular figures on the left and he got rich talking on youtube about how much capitalism sucks. He recently bought a 3 million dollar mansion and he still talks about how much capitalism sucks and how communism is the best. So a guy who got rich only because of capitalism and now lives in a mansion is still trying to convince people that capitalism sucks. This is the best the left has. Don't you find that funny?

Such high authority!: some anonymous post on an un-named forum you visit! Well, if THEY say so, I guess it must be so! Whoever they is…

I’m flummoxed at the meaning that is attributed to the so offensive tweet. What is so offensive? That she points out that even in the Soviet Union, there is no gender pay gap? That’s a bit like saying that stating that the trains ran on time under Hitler is a ringing endorsement of Hitler. I guess anything other than admit that the fact that there is a persistent gender pay gap that even backwards, discredited communist countries managed to eliminate. Isn’t the actual point of that tweet how offensive and backward gender pay gaps are???

Or would that distract too much from actual…reading comprehension, critical thinking, or just thinking instead of headline grabbing deliberate misinterpretations?
Well, the gender pay gap has been debunked. Women tend to work less hours and take more time off than men. Besides, you could just have all the women identify as men and then there wold be no problem because we'd all be men. But, this would require some ideological consistency on the part of liberals.

But regardless, it's like saying, "I'm not defending Hitler, but he let people open businesses" or "I'm not defending Castro, but he has good healthcare" like Bernie Sanders did. It's a way to ease them into radicalization. People hear, "Castro had good healthcare? Mabe communism is awesome!" Standard brainwashing technique.
The gender pay gap has been disputed, not debunked.

But I see that you get the point—one can point out something not horrible that a despicable person or country says or did without it being a full in endursemebt as implied in you OP.

It’s good to see growth!

Also, have you heard of Hasan Piker? He's one of the msot popular figures on the left and he got rich talking on youtube about how much capitalism sucks. He recently bought a 3 million dollar mansion and he still talks about how much capitalism sucks and how communism is the best. So a guy who got rich only because of capitalism and now lives in a mansion is still trying to convince people that capitalism sucks. This is the best the left has. Don't you find that funny?

Hang on a tic while I go down the list of deadly sins...

Oh, I know!

When confronted with news that is scary and unbelievable, I generally choose to disbelieve, rather than to be scared, as people who lie in order to manipulate by evoking fear are commonplace, while genuinely scary situations that are hard to believe are very rare indeed.

The hallmark of right-wing supporters is their inclination to choose fear over skepticism. It's a major cognitive error, and the cause of much right-wing policy.

OK gees.

Quick Science search of Saule Omarova

Wall street as community of fate: Toward financial industry self-regulation

ST Omarova - U. Pa. L. Rev., 2010 - HeinOnline
… latory philosophy as an essential step in the process of a comprehensive regulatory
reform, see Omarova & Feibelman, supra note 7. 20 See infra notes 203-10 and
accompanying text. A similar scheme of self- … Omarova, supra note 4, at 685; see also …
Save Cite Cited by 183 Related articles All 9 versions
[PDF] cornell.edu

The finance franchise

RC Hockett, ST Omarova - Cornell L. Rev., 2016 - HeinOnline
A common view of banks and other financial institutions is that they function primarily as
intermediaries, managing flows of scarce funds from those who have accumulated them to
those who have need of them and are ready to pay for their use. This view of finance is …
Save Cite Cited by 185 Related articles All 19 versions
[PDF] cornell.edu

New tech v. new deal: Fintech as a systemic phenomenon

ST Omarova - Yale J. on Reg., 2019 - HeinOnline
… For an in-depth analysis of how this arrangement works in practice, see Hockett &
Omarova, … See Omarova, supra note 10. The new macroprudential regulatory regime
essentially utilizes scaled up microprudential tools. See Robert Hockett, The … For a …
Save Cite Cited by 95 Related articles All 13 versions
[PDF] umn.edu

The merchants of Wall Street: Banking, commerce, and commodities

ST Omarova - Minn. L. Rev., 2013 - HeinOnline
In June 2011, Coca-Cola ran out of patience... and alumi-num. So the company filed a
complaint with the London Metal Exchange (LME), the world's largest organized market for
industrial metals, claiming that, for months, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Goldman Sachs …
Save Cite Cited by 89 Related articles All 9 versions
[PDF] cornell.edu

Private Wealth and Public Goods: A Case for a National Investment Authority

RC Hockett, ST Omarova - J. Corp. L., 2017 - HeinOnline
Much American electoral and policy debate now centers on how best to reignite the nation's
economic dynamism and rebuild its competitive strength. Some of the rhetoric heard in this
debate has exposed deep fault lines in the country's social and political fabric. Decades of …
Save Cite Cited by 29 Related articles All 11 versions
[PDF] wustl.edu

Dealing with disruption: emerging approaches to fintech regulation

ST Omarova - Wash. UJL & Pol'y, 2020 - HeinOnline
" Fintech" is a loosely defined term for" technology-enabled innovation in financial services
that could result in new business models, applications, processes or products with an
associated material effect on the provision of financial services."'As a practical matter, it …
Save Cite Cited by 23 Related articles All 7 versions
[PDF] cornell.edu

The Quiet Metamorphosis: How Derivatives Changed the Business of Banking

ST Omarova - U. Miami L. Rev., 2008 - HeinOnline
In 2008, the world entered its first truly global and systemic financial crisis, forcing a painful
reassessment of the norms and assumptions underlying our understanding of the operation
of financial markets. At the center of the current crisis were the world's largest banking …
Save Cite Cited by 124 Related articles All 8 versions
[PDF] wustl.edu

License to deal: mandatory approval of complex financial products

ST Omarova - Wash. UL Rev., 2012 - HeinOnline
" There is definitely going to be another financial crisis around the corner because we
haven't solved any of the things that caused the previous crisis," said hedge fund legend
Mark Mobius, speaking in Tokyo nearly a full year after the United States officially embarked …
Save Cite Cited by 103 Related articles All 12 versions
[PDF] cornell.edu

From Gramm-Leach-Bliley to Dodd-Frank: The Unfulfilled Promise of Section 23A of the Federal Reserve Act

ST Omarova - NCL Rev., 2010 - HeinOnline
The recent financial crisis forcefully underscored the continuing importance of protecting the
safety and soundness of the US banking system, which is increasingly intertwined with, and
vulnerable to risks generated in, the rest of the global financial services industry. The Dodd …
Save Cite Cited by 96 Related articles All 7 versions
[PDF] cornell.edu

That which we call a bank: Revisiting the history of bank holding company regulations in the united states

ST Omarova, ME Tahyar - Rev. Banking & Fin. L., 2011 - HeinOnline
The bank holding company-a company that owns or controls a US bank-is a legal and
organizational form unique to the US system of bank regulation.'It has become a core
principle of US financial services regulation that the parent company and nonbank affiliates …
Save Cite Cited by 78 Related articles All 8 versions

My take is she's pretty tame for a Commie firebrand,. Oh, and she's right up front as well.

Resorting to a paper written as an undergraduate when all this significant stuff is just out there waiting to be plucked. Seems to me Toomey has some shiet in his pants.

...and just how is the hell is she going to Marx-ize banking?

You know we used to have a national bank until Andrew Jackson came along and sank the economy in 1840.

The thesis in question was written in 1989 for her undergraduate degree. It is conceivable she has no copy if it.
I don’t have a copy of any papers I wrote as an undergraduate.
Then why doesn't she say that? Or at least summarize her views on Marxism.
I don’t know, it us posdible she has snd Toomey is lying. It is possible she feels a paper she wrote as an undergraduate over 30 years ago is irrelevant.

Still waiting for some actual evidence that

1) shiws she us a communist, and

2) shows from her written or stated views how she would destroy the US banking system all by herself.

When confronted with news that is scary and unbelievable, I generally choose to disbelieve, rather than to be scared, as people who lie in order to manipulate by evoking fear are commonplace, while genuinely scary situations that are hard to believe are very rare indeed.

The hallmark of right-wing supporters is their inclination to choose fear over skepticism. It's a major cognitive error, and the cause of much right-wing policy.

Oh you guys have fear, too. It's just on stuff that isn't as threatening. For example, you guys are scared to death of COVID. Republicans are not. Even the people who tell you guys, "Yeah we don't care if we get it. Let's take a risk and not get the vaccine. We're only infecting people who are OK with taking the risk," you still yell at them. You guys are scared to death of white supremacists.

Is it reasonable to be fearful of COVID? Yes, but not to the extreme that liberals take it. They become unhinged lunatics about it the way they listen to Saint Fauci.

Is it reasonable to be fearful of white supremacists? Sure, but not to the extreme that liberals take it. They also become unhinged lunatics about it. It's reasonable to become fearful of black supremacists, too. But liberals don't care about that type of racism. I don't mess around. I hate all types of racism. but since I'm not a coward, I can say that.

The bigger threat is the communist being appointed by Biden and his minions.

The thesis in question was written in 1989 for her undergraduate degree. It is conceivable she has no copy if it.
I don’t have a copy of any papers I wrote as an undergraduate.
Then why doesn't she say that? Or at least summarize her views on Marxism.
I don’t know, it us posdible she has snd Toomey is lying. It is possible she feels a paper she wrote as an undergraduate over 30 years ago is irrelevant.

Still waiting for some actual evidence that

1) shiws she us a communist, and

2) shows from her written or stated views how she would destroy the US banking system all by herself.

Oh I see, you expect her to just stand up and say, "i am a full blown Marxist and I want to give all power to the FED and bring down the banking system. It's all government now, baby!" Well, this is the real world where people hide thier intentions. I seem to recall Trump never stating, "I am a white supremacist hellbent on destroying all non-whites." Yet, that didn't stop you guys from inferring it.

Now, I don't believe Trump is a white supremacist but I can certainly see how people might get that impression. He did play fast and loose with his words a lot. I think he was just desperately trying to play both sides in a way to get more votes. But, the fact that he had the biggest plan in American history for the black community where he wanted to invest $500 billion in capital so they could open businesses and start generating wealth, I can definitely say he's not a white supremacist. Under capitalism, you need to get capital somehow to start out. The rpboelm we have with capitalism is that we don't have enough of it or make it easy for people to generate capital. Trump knw this. He's a smart man.

I love how low the bar is to be a communist nowadays. Basically, all you need to do is disagree with Generation55 and ta da. It was harder when I was a kid to be a communist.

She wrote a thesis paper on Marxism that she refuses to show anyone.
So you've read this paper how?

Her ideas are full on Marxist. You don't even have to see the paper.
No, seriously. I want you to post an excerpt from this paper you claim exists, and show - with examples - why it is "full on Marxist."

We have this thing here called the "burden of proof." If you make a claim, then you have to back it up with evidence. Saying that someone wrote a paper that they "refuse to show to anyone," holding that up as evidence, and then claiming that the imaginary paper does not even need to be seen is not backing up your assertion.

Have I told you about the dragon in my garage?

Washington, D.C. – The U.S. Senate Banking Committee formally received President Biden’s nomination of Professor Saule Omarova for Comptroller of the Currency. Notably missing from her paperwork, however, is a copy of her thesis, “Karl Marx’s Economic Analysis and the Theory of Revolution in The Capital.
"On October 5, 2021, Senator Toomey sent a letter asking Ms. Omarova to provide the Committee with a copy of the thesis no later than October 13, 2021, to allow the Committee adequate time to translate and thoroughly review it. To this day, Ms. Omarova has neither provided a copy of her thesis to the Committee nor provided any explanation for her failure to do so."
“All nominees within the Committee’s jurisdiction are required to provide their writings, articles, and papers. Unfortunately, Professor Omarova appears to believe she is exempt from these rules,” said Ranking Member Toomey. “In order for lawmakers to fully and fairly consider Professor Omarova’s nomination to serve as our nation’s top banking regulator, we need a complete picture of her policy positions. The fact that she recently deleted references to her thesis begs the question: what is she hiding?”

But i'm sure you guys believe that her paper is trashing Karl Marx and extoling the virtues of capitalism and how we need to protet it all costs if we want to keep moving ahead as a society. It must be terrible being poor in a country where everyone has a smartphone and the poor get obese like the kings of old. You guys do know obesity used to be a sign of wealth because it was a signal you had tons of food available to you, right?
:(
So you don't have any idea what's in the paper in question, have never seen it, and can't quote it.

Burden of proof. Ball is in your court.
Man, if we want to reference unretained unpublished undergraduate papers, man, there are some awful ones in my past...

I think I even wrote one myself that was not so vaguely glorifying benign dictatorship. For all we know she might have, but it doesn't fucking mean anything. It's been more years since then and now than it had bee since she wrote it and when she was born.

She has had double the life she had lived before that paper, since it.

Back
Top Bottom